• Likes 11

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Respect the rules and don't post firmware files. I'm not a mod, but I do know that it is not tolerated..
but surely a link to a site that hosts the gateway files (not a direct link to the files) that the gateway website itself has, is ok right?
if not, then are we even allowed to link to the gateway site then? or a pastebin page that has the link on it... lol
it's not a private beta or anything

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The firmware is on the official website
sure but someone said it wasn't, or at least that they couldn't see it, someone else said that the site was too slow or something, so i just made it easy and put the link here for them

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have updated and so far so good. I dont have any retail games with online capabilities to test though but I do see the new options. Also just wanted to put this out there as it is also a part of the firmware that seems to be overlooked

* Homebrew support

It was about time this happened, so now you can develop and run homebrew games and applications just like the real deal!
In particular, we would like to thank smea for his contributions, otherwise none of this would be possible.

You can find a sample homebrew 3ds game in our downloads section, and we hope to see many more!

Note that the ctrulib homebrew library is not yet completely stable, as can be seen in the graphical artifacts and when closing the homebrew application.

Superiorknightz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it looks like it's the same m o for every pirated game " if you want to play online buy the game, support the developers"(Brand New I mean because who knows if someone dumped there game buying it used).

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
sure but someone said it wasn't, or at least that they couldn't see it, someone else said that the site was too slow or something, so i just made it easy and put the link here for them
It's there now along with smea's Yeti 3DS. Refresh and check the downloads. Also the website is very slow :lol:

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but surely a link to a site that hosts the gateway files (not a direct link to the files) that the gateway website itself has, is ok right?
if not, then are we even allowed to link to the gateway site then? or a pastebin page that has the link on it... lol
it's not a private beta or anything
It's not a matter of availability. The firmware files include code owned by Nintendo and GBAtemp received a DMCA takedown for the files. Hosting and linking to the files is illegal on the temp.

More over here from Costello:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/filetrip-cannot-host-gateway-3ds-files-anymore.357152/

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's there now along with smea's Yeti 3DS. Refresh and check the downloads
hmm sorry i don't think you understood me, i understand it was there, that was how i got the link for it in the first place :)

It's not a matter of availability. The firmware files include code owned by Nintendo and GBAtemp received a DMCA takedown for the files. Hosting and linking to the files is illegal on the temp.
ok, so i can't upload it to filetrip or gbatemp, i didn't.
and i can't post a link to the files, i didn't.
it seems ok, right. as long as you don't post a direct link to the files.

Reactions: tjexp

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Game dumps are not unique, all carts of a given game from the same region and revision are exactly the same, using the same dump by multiple users is not a giveaway of any kind, it's the protocol that may be off and trigger detection. Great update (if real).

Or not, my mistake! :P

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Game dumps are not unique, all carts are exactly the same, using the same dump by multiple users is not a giveaway of any kind, it's the protocol that may be off and trigger detection. Great update (if real).
what do you mean 'if real'?
the update works...

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Game dumps are not unique, all carts of a given game from the same region and revision are exactly the same, using the same dump by multiple users is not a giveaway of any kind, it's the protocol that may be off and trigger detection. Great update (if real).
That's not true foxi. All carts have a unique 16 byte ID at 0x1200 (when dumped by GW). I'm sure Nintendo has a whitelist of them that they'll be more than willing to leverage when fools go online. :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Interesting, I didn't know that. What about normal cart dumps, are those ID'd as well or is this a GW Dumper thing? In any case, I put my trust in Nintendo's incompetence in handling online and security - it never failed me before.

Reactions: Reploid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu