[Release] HACToolGUI - A very simple GUI for HACTool

Updated to Version 0.3a - urgent bug fix because I accidentally completely broke the program.

New:
Official Discord support server!
Source code now available!

Well, in honour of Master_Key_01 and Master_Key_02's release, I present to you...
HACToolGUI!

m0GW3mg.png

It does everything you need to extract XCI, NCA and RomFS files, support for other formats coming soon.

:switch: Features:
Simple to use and easy to understand GUI
Built-in keylist manager (Bring your own keys)
Uses HACTool to extract XCI, NCA and RomFS files
Supports all keys
Choose to dump as plaintext NCA, RomFS or to extract the files to a folder
Tiny filesize; around 120KB decompressed
Portable, no installation required

:switch: Dependencies:
Requires the latest release of hactool.exe and all its .dll files in the same directory.
Get it from here.

SI3CDlT.png

XWmJZx6.png

rjxr1FA.png
Complete v0.3 change list:

• Added PFS0 support! (Used in .nsp)
  • Automatically fills in the textboxes with keydata from keys.dat when key manager is opened. (Also added a manual option)
  • Drag-and-drop file support added for all extraction types
  • Key manager button added to main screen
  • Internet access no longer required for use; now you can check for updates by clicking the option
  • Remembers last selected NCA extraction option
  • Remembers previous directory used
  • NCA extraction is disabled unless keys are filled and a key file is present
  • Checks for incorrectly formatted keys.dat
  • Quotes no longer required in directory names

Coming soon:
  • Name change
  • The hactool files will not be required, the code will be built into the program
  • Key verification
  • Key derivation, the usual stuff, but will also generate the master_key, package1_key and various others from a supplied keyblob, provided you have the wrapper key for the specific keyblob and the console-unique SBK and TSEC keys
  • Bulk file extraction
  • Support for all other hactool formats, including Rights ID-encrypted NCAs and SD card files
  • Built-in CDN downloader, provide a private key and cert, then add the Title ID, it will get the latest version of the meta file, decrypt the NCA, read the cnmt, get the NCAID of each file and download the NCA of them from the Atum server (provided you have the keys)
  • Various file type extractors (BFSAR, BFRES, BFGRP, SARC, SZS, Yaz0, etc.)
  • Background music (optional)
  • Themes (optional)
  • More easter eggs

Attachments

• HACToolGUI_v0_3a.zip
    88.4 KB · Views: 14,290
Last edited by SimonMKWii,

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a button that says "save".
Try clicking it before trying to extract an NCA!
I do click it but it won't work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's a button that says "save".
Try clicking it before trying to extract an NCA!
It just won't save the Kay's for some reason

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it doesn't appear to save master_key_03 even after i've typed it in
i've had to put it in the file manually but clearly that seems to be an issue

TheDragonscion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get the 3d models and music to Xenoblade 2, When I used an older version of HacToolGUI, I got the .XCI and .NCA files extracted, but all the files were in .NOP format. When I updated to HacToolGUI .02c and tried to extract the .NCA file to an emulator ready file, the cmd just starts and stops without doing anything. I think the problem is with the keys.

TheDragonscion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I extracted the files from the .NCA file for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but all the files are in .NOP format. Is it possible to get the music and maybe 3d models from .NOP files?

Last edited by TheDragonscion,

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am trying to get the 3d models and music to Xenoblade 2, When I used an older version of HacToolGUI, I got the .XCI and .NCA files extracted, but all the files were in .NOP format. When I updated to HacToolGUI .02c and tried to extract the .NCA file to an emulator ready file, the cmd just starts and stops without doing anything. I think the problem is with the keys.
Did you select a target emulator?
You need to select from Yuzu or RyujiNX, and it will generate a folder containing all the files necessary for either emulator.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
So I extracted the files from the .NCA file for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but all the files are in .NOP format. Is it possible to get the music and maybe 3d models from .NOP files?
nop files are opus something and are audio files which can be played with vgmstream plugin (foobar2000 has one for example)

b1313515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you select a target emulator?
You need to select from Yuzu or RyujiNX, and it will generate a folder containing all the files necessary for either emulator.

I can confirm, generate emulator-ready folder is not working with either yuzu or ryujinx selected. the cmd just starts and stops without doing anything. And which nca we should extract for emulator ready? the biggest one?

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, my mistake. It's working now! Really thanks for the tool!
You're welcome!
I need to push another quick bug fix it seems; I forgot to add the "no keys" error handler to the new emulator export options...
I also somehow manage to do this every time, it seems whenever I add something, I manage to break something else too.

Reactions: b1313515

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with the GUI so long as it stays updated and doesn't break anything. In my head it's the equivalent of a batch file, which saves me the hassle of creating one. So thanks for this! I think as long as you keep up with it and don't create a zombie program, you'll be good. The disclaimer bit helps

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome!
I need to push another quick bug fix it seems; I forgot to add the "no keys" error handler to the new emulator export options...
I also somehow manage to do this every time, it seems whenever I add something, I manage to break something else too.

Here are a few requests (that I wouldn't mind helping with!)

1) Add the ability to extract multiple/all nca files in a directory.
2) Add a View Keys File button in Keys Manager (or re-populate the text boxes with the previously entered/saved values).
3) Move Keys Manager button to the main UI screen.
4) Make filling out Keys Manager the first/only selectable button, then dynamically add the extract file types based on what keys you have inputted.
5) Maybe even auto-popup the file open window when you select extract file type.
6) Persist the last choice bubble used for the extract file type.
7) To maximize user efficiency, maybe the UI flow could even be as simple as...
  • Launch EXE
  • Enter/Import Keys Popup (if you have the file, skip this window)
  • Enter Settings for each Extract [FileType] Popup (could persist the settings in a JSON file with the program, and if you have previously opened the app, just have a button for Settings on the main UI)
  • User Selects Preferred Extract [FileType] Button
  • Open File Window Appears (location defaulted to program directory)
  • Save File/Folder Window Appears (default name being the imported file name?)

Last edited by SocraticBliss,

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bump, version 0.3 is out now!
I pushed the updated source code to GitHub.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are a few requests (that I wouldn't mind helping with!)

1) Add the ability to extract multiple/all nca files in a directory.
2) Add a View Keys File button in Keys Manager (or re-populate the text boxes with the previously entered/saved values).
3) Move Keys Manager button to the main UI screen.
4) Make filling out Keys Manager the first/only selectable button, then dynamically add the extract file types based on what keys you have inputted.
5) Maybe even auto-popup the file open window when you select extract file type.
6) Persist the last choice bubble used for the extract file type.
7) To maximize user efficiency, maybe the UI flow could even be as simple as...
  • Launch EXE
  • Enter/Import Keys Popup (if you have the file, skip this window)
  • Enter Settings for each Extract [FileType] Popup (could persist the settings in a JSON file with the program, and if you have previously opened the app, just have a button for Settings on the main UI)
  • User Selects Preferred Extract [FileType] Button
  • Open File Window Appears (location defaulted to program directory)
  • Save File/Folder Window Appears (default name being the imported file name?)
Did pretty much all of that! Thanks for the suggestions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter