Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,838,990
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Both. Neither of them work with Devil Survivor. I don't know what it is that causes the save manager to crash and, as stated above, the link @JK_ posted a few days ago for JSKM doesn't work for those games either.

Still, it is not the only game in which this happens. Scribblenauts unlimited is another game that Checkpoint can't backup either. Both work with the old cia of JKSM that I have installed in my 3ds. Don't have that CIA file in my HD anymore though, and the github page is dead. :(

Here, try this one. It's the last version I have in my drive.

Attachments

• JKSM.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 440
Reactions: rjc1694

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both. Neither of them work with Devil Survivor. I don't know what it is that causes the save manager to crash and, as stated above, the link @JK_ posted a few days ago for JSKM doesn't work for those games either.

Still, it is not the only game in which this happens. Scribblenauts unlimited is another game that Checkpoint can't backup either. Both work with the old cia of JKSM that I have installed in my 3ds. Don't have that CIA file in my HD anymore though, and the github page is dead. :(
The newer one doesn't have the fix in place that the old one did. It still couldn't really dump the files, they aren't real if that makes sense, but it could work around it.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JK_ When I give it to reload titles it leaves the application and when wanting to go back it does not get to load it and it comes out
Does it crash, or does it just exit? Is the titles file empty? The only real difference is that it checks if it can actually open something to weed out GBA games from showing up.

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Does it crash, or does it just exit? Is the titles file empty? The only real difference is that it checks if it can actually open something to weed out GBA games from showing up.

I enter, I check everything, I'm going to reload titles, it crashes, it goes out, I'm going to re-enter, 3DS logo, crash indefinitely. The last one used before that was the last year of the repository.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enter, I check everything, I'm going to reload titles, it crashes, it goes out, I'm going to re-enter, 3DS logo, crash indefinitely. The last one used before that was the last year of the repository.
I'll do my best to try to replicate it or spot the difference in title loading. You can have this until then. It's the last version that was on Git.

I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue?

Attachments

• JKSM.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 10,002

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'll do my best to try to replicate it or spot the difference in title loading. You can have this until then. It's the last version that was on Git.

I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue?

Ok!, thanks for answering, I already had the last one backed up but again thanks, maybe someone else (for now) will need that mirror. I would upload a video of the problem but the connection where I live does not allow me to do it.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok!, thanks for answering, I already had the last one backed up but again thanks, maybe someone else (for now) will need that mirror. I would upload a video of the problem but the connection where I live does not allow me to do it.
No problem! Maybe I'll get you a debug build in a few minutes if you don't mind. I have to write some fs stuff first to make sure it logs right.

If you, or anyone else having this issue, doesn't mind, try running this and checking the "titledeb.txt" to see if it gets stuck on a certain ID.

Attachments

• JKSV.zip
    292.1 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by JK_,

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi JK_, first of all thank you for that awesome save manager!
I have tested the JKSV.zip files you posted, I din't run into any issues but I wanted to test this one too that you posted recently.

Specs: I have a New3DSXL 11.7.0-40E with boot9strap 1.3, Luma 9.0 and GodMode9 1.6.3

I launched JKSV through rosalina, I opened the titles and system titles, I reloaded the titles and no crash occured. I have not tested any .cia file.

Although JKSV.3dsx doesn't crash for me nor I am experiencing any other similar issues, looking at the titledeb.txt it seems that it fails to load:

1. 00040000001B5C00 (The Legend of Zelda: Main Theme Medley) - Video
2. 00040000001B5B00 (The Legend of Zelda: Great Fairy's Fountain Theme) - Video
3. 00040000001B5D00 (The Legend of Zelda: Ballad Of The Goddess) - Video
4. 00040000000C7300 (Save Data Transfer Tool)
5. 00040000000C9C00 (Poke Transporter)

I also tested the new filter.zip you provided( thank you! ) because I was seeing too the "wut" message. Replacing with the new one you provided fixed this issue but a strange thing happened. When I choose the "Download Filter" from the option menu of the JKSM.3dsx (rosalina by Phalk ), nothing happens and the filter.txt gets automatically deleted.
With the JKSV.3dsx you provided, reloading titles doesn't erase the filter.txt. I have not tested the JKSM.cia to see if the same thing happens

Thank you, I hope I helped

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although JKSV.3dsx doesn't crash for me nor I am experiencing any other similar issues, looking at the titledeb.txt it seems that it fails to load:

1. 00040000001B5C00 (The Legend of Zelda: Main Theme Medley) - Video
2. 00040000001B5B00 (The Legend of Zelda: Great Fairy's Fountain Theme) - Video
3. 00040000001B5D00 (The Legend of Zelda: Ballad Of The Goddess) - Video
4. 00040000000C7300 (Save Data Transfer Tool)
5. 00040000000C9C00 (Poke Transporter)
It actually should fail on those. I've added code to skip things it can't open. It all gets sent down the same path and writes failed though. I'm more interested in it getting stuck at "Attempt to add [ID] - " and not writing success or failed. That's the real signal something bad happened.

Thanks for giving it a shot though. I appreciate it a lot!

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's back up on Git if anyone cares. It's the newer version and it's not 100% complete yet, but I've actually been bugged about this a few times over the past couple months. I made it use the same address as before for the 3DS version.
XD ty and of course i care. and ty again for answering my question. um idk why you deleted your git for but I hope you are not having too many problems irl. good luck there.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XD ty and of course i care. and ty again for answering my question. um idk why you deleted your git for but I hope you are not having too many problems irl. good luck there.
No problem! I wish I could explain it, but I just sort of nuked it without thinking it through, I guess.

OP has been updated, git has an actual release, and I think I have an idea for still supporting both Rosalina and hax for those who still use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox