Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,841,675
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
If you're using the newer build, put the save_data folder in another folder inside the "Super_Smash_Bros_" folder. It should be inside /JKSV/Saves.
If you're using the older one, it should just be in /Saves/ on your SD. Same deal. Put it in another folder named "Restore This" or something inside the SSB folder.
Where's the newest build? o.0; I have been watching the thread, but didn't see any links to the new version. I'm still @ 3/2/16

Edit: ok it was in the OP. Lame.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
What do I do to use saves from svdt? This is locked to files made within the app itself and I have saves from other apps.
The secure value messes the saves up though.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just move the dated folders from svdt's folders into to ones mine makes in its save output. It should work.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry if someone's already reported this, but so far this app seems unable to process Monster Hunter X's simple save file. Unlike 4U, X's cartridge is this useless read only media that saves 100% to a pair of extdata files called system and system_backup. SaveDataFiler is able to export these. With this save manager, shouldn't it basically display extdata such as this under SD/CIA? Please look into it.

On another note, CTR-P-BARJ (MonHun Nikki: Poka Poka Airu Mura DX) appears as garbled text, but perhaps that is par for the course with certain Japanese titles?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the test/beta build and hot damn is it nice. It is a huge upgrade from the original release. And now it looks pretty damned nice too, all considering that this is the second version of the program. Major props to you @JK_
Thanks. I've actually switched it over to two 48x48 images and just cut them up into 16x16 and scale them for buttons and boxes now. It should allow for customization once I get to it. I really want to use the touchscreen for selecting games too at some point.

Reactions: tiduscrying

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2-21 test build is not working for me. It only shows four titles, contrary to the many titles the old one used to show. Furthermore, the last title is the same title that had a problem last time; it is CTR-N-UDTR and is actually sysupdater. The text shown by JKSaveManager is usually "nager". Occasionally but rarely it shows "Title Manager". Either way, the output is cut off and nothing is shown after that one.

Also, I'd like to have a way to save/restore system titles, including the system save data and the extdata save data for system applications, to use for Mii Plaza, etc.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing it should be filtering is homebrew titles. I just installed sysupdater and it's not giving me the same issue. I'll pm you a newer build if you're up for helping me figure out what's up.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a BigBlueMenu installed. Considering that BigBlueMenu is actually called "Title Manager", this looks suspicious.

Deleting the BigBlueMenu confirms this. If I delete the BigBlueMenu, sysupdater is no longer listed as "Title Manager" or "nager"--it is listed as FBI after I use "Refresh Games". I do have FBI installed, but it is a homebrew so shouldn't show up, and this is obviously sysupdater with an incorrect name of FBI, since it is still CTR-N-UDTR.

If it matters what version of sysupdater, I can't recall exactly what version I have, but it has an installed size of 393216 bytes. I suspect the problem with the name of sysupdater is separate from the problem with not showing all the files since the previous version of JK showed all the files but still messed up the name of sysupdater (actually, it showed a blank name).

I also tried it on another machine, a N3DS (the first machine is an o3ds). The JK save manager 2-21 doesn't work at all; going to the SD/CIA menu item closes with an error and reboots my machine. This N3DS doesn't have any version of sysupdater installed on it.

Go ahead and pm me whatever test version you want me to try.

Last edited by Jiro2,

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a save manager you can install as a CIA. This means no more booting into the homebrew menu and rebooting to import and export saves.

Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
It can also export and import ExtData IF the title uses it.

I've made it as simple as I can, while keeping the slot feature from my old save manager. I do want to add alphabetical sorting sometime.
When you select backup or restore, you will have to select or create a new slot. If you don't like the input screen, you can create the directories yourself inside the game's export folder.

Save Data is exported to SD:/Saves/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
ExtData is exported to SD:/ExtData/[Title]/[Slot Dir]

The new test build exports to SD:/JKSV/ExtData and /JKSV/Saves

Tell me if you have any issues. I've tried my best to get everything 100%, but I'm not perfect.

Your game must be started at least once for this to work. If you get a message saying "Couldn't open SaveArch!", it is probably because you haven't started the game and allowed to format and create it.

The banner and icon were made by @Sgt. Lulz.

A big thanks to @Shadowfied, @Phanton, @Sgt. Lulz, and @A_Random_Guy for risking their saves and testing.

You can download a new test build here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sn39e4nwiwh7wbi/JKSaveManager_2-21-2016_-_Test.zip. I had to upload it to mediafire, because the font pushed it over GBATemp's limit. It seems usable to me, but I'm not 100% on it yet, or it'd be a new non test build. This doesn't currently have the same output on the bottom screen the old one did.
Could you post a build using something other than "Start" to finish naming slots? My start button is broken and I'm specifically trying to export saves to transfer them to a new 3DS.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: klear and Madridi

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel stupid, this whole time the 2-21 test build was on the main page this whole time. And I've been checking it almost every day for updates. I was wondering what everyone was talking about lol

Really loving this project, this app is more than useful. I EASILY exported a save from a EUR game, and imported it into a USA game. It takes NO work at all and it works overall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro