Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxiii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone poking at you Cell9?... Just because English isn't your first language and its a quite hard language to learn. You have made great developments into this homebrew scene and you are really being taken for granted. China has a super high suicide rate due to numerous things and these people are telling you to do so as if it's nothing to you or your culture. I would love for you to keep working on things but it's sad to see that you have made the decision you have made although you did put a lot of thought into it. Nobody is really caring about what you have to say about your own code that you released for us to use and I'm sorry about that. If it really is that bad some CFW devs might be able to prevent users from using your code if you ever make that decision. Thank you Cell9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, awesome work man

I'd love to play my american games on my japanese N3DS but sadly i only have OoT 3D, not cubic ninja
What version is your 3DS?. I would say if you wanted to you could install an Emunand and run things from there if you have the SD space for it

Reactions: TheReturningVoid

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why is everyone poking at you Cell9?... Just because English isn't your first language and its a quite hard language to learn. You have made great developments into this homebrew scene and you are really being taken for granted. China has a super high suicide rate due to numerous things and these people are telling you to do so as if it's nothing to you or your culture. I would love for you to keep working on things but it's sad to see that you have made the decision you have made although you did put a lot of thought into it. Nobody is really caring about what you have to say about your own code that you released for us to use and I'm sorry about that. If it really is that bad some CFW devs might be able to prevent users from using your code if you ever make that decision. Thank you Cell9

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What version is your 3DS?. I would say if you wanted to you could install an Emunand and run things from there if you have the SD space for it

Look at the date, it was May 2015

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's quite funny that some people seem to forget that CakeHax (what gave us MSET 9.x on every 3DS/2DS) was basically a better implementation of a closed source, reverse engineered payload from you know who...

This just proves that anything is possible, so if you think that you can best @cell9 at making a 'better and free implementation' of NTR CFW (including 11.0 FIRM support, possibly how to load it from Luma etc.) be my guest (I might include it as a summer project, but it would take a lot of learning to do so.)

(And note that you might want to announce it on the 3dshacks subreddit, and not here)

WilliamO7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why in all hell would you want to use reddit?

Or any other site lol, nowhere is perfect but anything can be better than this place at times ;) .
The point I'm making is just to be careful what you do and how you act towards devs and the wider community no matter what it is you're/they're doing or you/they want to do, otherwise stuff like this happens.

Reactions: olec04

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I found this thread finally...... But for real everyone this seems like 1 big megaman battle net plot and I find that sad. XD in all seriousness I like the bootntr keep it up.

Last edited by Feeling it!,

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's nice how so many people are judges of how others react to pestering ^^
I thought people were supposed to be allowed to react differently from how the Internet would like them to.
Agreed, some people I was talking to this morning were judging some persons just on how they reacted. We're different, and people should just start to understand that already.

Prince Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
hey, uhm @cell9? I.. was an ntr user before. I used your ntr app for many times. Even my lil brother love your work/project. Uhm.. I just want to say that.. Don't stop. Continue your project. I want to share many beautiful screenshots from my games. I even make drawings based from the screenshots! Don't stop the project okay? Me and my friends are using ntr too. But that was 5 weeks ago... I was on 11.0 (present) and I cant use ntr anymore. But to see them happy using your project? It makes myself to play games even I can't use ntr screenshots anymore, and that's how I felt from your project. Happiness is still with me because of your project @cell9. :)

I Love Your Work/Project! ^___________^

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. He gave you what he wanted to give you. Be glad he did even that. It is a privilege to be able to use these things. What right does anyone have to ask him for more? How did you become so entitled?

Another lesson in life (and I have been trying to teach my CHILDREN this) is this: If you do not get your way, do not expect rude behavior to help in any way. In my kids case I gave them all tablets. If they want to use it and I say no, yelling at me will not change my mind. In fact I will then tell them they do not get it for a week. If they accept the answer and do something about the reason they were told no, they may get their tablet then.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use NTR myself, but don't get the bashing, if @cell9 wants to keep his work closed source, that's up to him; You should be grateful he considers sharing anything at all.
If you want an open source version of NTR, feel free to write one of your own.

Even if someone did, I would bet bet that it would turn out just like the 5.50GEN firmware and the person doing so would be harassed even worse because he dared to do some reverse engineering on NTR in the process of making it?

SOLSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
does it work with (original)gateway card?i currently use an original gateway card,and it works fine,but there are a lot of trainers in .plg plugin format that apparently only works with this ntr cfw.how can i use it with gateway without messing up anything else ?

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to the video streaming feature offered in this new application, @cell9, may I ask if it'll also have cheat support and screenshot support?

The reason I ask is because these are the three main features I use the most with NTR CFW. NTR's screenshot support is a lot better than HANS' simply because it can also work with some system applications, which is really useful.

By not updating to 11.0, does this also mean even if we have A9LH installed, or is this just a warning about how currently 11.0 doesn't really offer many homebrew entries?

I apologize for the large amounts of questions in this post, but I'm really looking forward to this replacement of NTR. My biggest concern with it now being discontinued is that if a new firmware.bin ends up being used, it might cause issues with NTR and break it entirely.

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to the video streaming feature offered in this new application, @cell9, may I ask if it'll also have cheat support and screenshot support?

The reason I ask is because these are the three main features I use the most with NTR CFW. NTR's screenshot support is a lot better than HANS' simply because it can also work with some system applications, which is really useful.

By not updating to 11.0, does this also mean even if we have A9LH installed, or is this just a warning about how currently 11.0 doesn't really offer many homebrew entries?

I apologize for the large amounts of questions in this post, but I'm really looking forward to this replacement of NTR. My biggest concern with it now being discontinued is that if a new firmware.bin ends up being used, it might cause issues with NTR and break it entirely.

Video streaming is basically just taking screenshots continually so yes, screenshots should be supported. As for cheat support, Cell9 will have to answer that. When he tells us to not update to 11.0, that only applies to people without a CFW, probably because in version 11.0, svcBackdoor was removed. This doesn't apply to people with CFW on 11.0 because CFW has the capability to re-implement svcBackdoor. From what I understand, all you need is access to the HBL (with svcBackdoor) to get this working.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cell9

Whew, so many deleted post...unsure what was happening but thanks for sharing your progress with Boot NTR CFW !

So is there no plans to make an update for the old-3DS ?
Nope, he stop working on NTR cfw.
But he'll transfer some features of the cfw in an homebrew app which can be launch from the HBC. ;)

Reactions: breaktemp

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will only be luched via HBL, or will it have a cia version?
For those who have CFW is much better to just have a cia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging