Homebrew [RELEASE] PotatoHax - A free haxchi

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. That’s really weird, you should see FST_Patcher.rpx too, try copying it again
2. Those are the options you should run mocha
3. If launching mocha puts you into the home menu, try holding B when opening mocha
4. Get it from here https://wiiubru.com/appstore/zips/ftpiiu-cbhc.zip

I did the steps, and when I launch wii u chat, it goes to HBC to select the apps installed,

is this ok or did I miss something?

Because I dont get the step 11. Do I have to change some settings now?

Is it possible to run wii u chat and it runs mocha automatically and goes back to home menu screen?

When launching mocha holding B there is a menu, but it doesnt match what you wrote in the guide. I dont see

relaunch os off and return to system menu on

I see

Dont relaunch OS,
set to ON

Launch System Menu,
set to OFF

am I supposed to change them?

Last edited by pbsk8,

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I did the steps, and when I launch wii u chat, it goes to HBC to select the apps installed,

is this ok or did I miss something?

Because I dont get the step 11. Do I have to change some settings now?

Is it possible to run wii u chat and it runs mocha automatically and goes back to home menu screen?
I think you missed something, when launching wii u chat hold b and set launch system menu to on and press a, next reboot when launching wii u chat you should go directly to the wii u menu, also, did you delete mocha.elf? Don’t delete it, keep it in wiiu/apps

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you missed something, when launching wii u chat hold b and set launch system menu to on and press a, next reboot when launching wii u chat you should go directly to the wii u menu, also, did you delete mocha.elf? Don’t delete it, keep it in wiiu/apps

thanks it worked, it goes automatically back to home screen after changing settings in mocha!

Last edited by pbsk8,

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So this is basically taking parts of Aroma which are already public (PayloadFromRPX / homebrew_launcher_installer) combined with the FailST installer?
Not sure if I would call this "A free haxchi". This is basically just a guide for using those tools.

Also keep in mind that manually messing with FtpiiU everywhere can be dangerous! Also this will do permanent modifications to the system since no backups of Wii U Chat are made during the installation.

Where can this source code be found?
Is there a further guide to follow including backing up of modified content and an uninstallation process ? or maybe if a user factory resets ?
Check newer edits

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When OP releases source code and addresses the backup situation, it will be a different story. Until then, modifying system.xml to launch this potatohax, is dangerous.
Noted. I'll probably stick with the DS game method for now, then. I can cough up the $7 for Brain Age :P

Reactions: jeannotte

Wiizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can also put a (non legit) 'haxchified' DS Game in the FailST patched app and effectively have free Haxchi.

And if you don't want to mess with system apps you can use any free app from the eShop (like the useless Lost Reaver Notice that most people shoud have in their download history)

oh... and the FailST patcher is now 1 year old.. there is a thread here on gbatemp:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-failst-works-at-the-moment.590033/
but it was called buggy and not mutch was talked about it... guess everyone was (and still is) waiting for aroma...

Last edited by Wiizo,

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can also put a (non legit) 'haxchified' DS Game in the FailST patched app and effectively have free Haxchi.

And if you don't want to mess with system apps you can use any free app from the eShop (like the useless Lost Reaver Notice that most people shoud have in their download history)

oh... and the FailST patcher is now 1 year old.. there is a thread here on gbatemp:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-failst-works-at-the-moment.590033/
but it was called buggy and not mutch was talked about it... guess everyone was (and still is) waiting for aroma...
That’s piracy tho, and I’m not cool with that

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does not work for me. When loading Wii U Chat it gives me the message:

And the new installer also didn't launch. I replaced the files manually with WiiUFtpServer v6.2 by Laf111.
Well, the message is self-explainatory, you have to create and link a nintendo network account to use it, I'll look into that later, but not as a priority

Yes, the installer doesn't open for some reason, will try compiling it again with a different setup

Toscanelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
launch mocha, you want to have these settings: relaunch os off

Not sure about that. When I set "Don't relaunch OS" to [ON], the Wii U will freeze when I launch Homebrew Launcher Channel 2.1 fix by GaryOderNichts. Therefore I set it to [OFF]. Or maybe you just missed the "don't" in your instructions and we mean the same thing ;)

Reactions: godreborn

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure about that. When I set "Don't relaunch OS" to [ON], the Wii U will freeze when I launch Homebrew Launcher Channel 2.1 fix by GaryOderNichts. Therefore I set it to [OFF]. Or maybe you just missed the "don't" in your instructions and we mean the same thing ;)
Yup, copy-paste error, thanks for catching that, fixed it.

Also, the installer has been fixed and the guide updated to use the new installer instead

Last edited by Xpl0itU,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ban, ban, ban