Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently updated to a much newer and more stable build posted by @Dean_ which i am very happy with

The new build of course has the firm folder insider the rxtools folder

I have some files on the root of my card and want to know if they are still needed or can be deleted ??

The files are...

firmware.bin
slot0x25KeyX.bin
rxTools.dat

Can these be removed or must they stay ?

Thanks

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can delete firmware.bin and rxTools.dat for sure. I don't know whether they've managed to do without slot0x25keyX.bin; it was necessary some time ago.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can delete firmware.bin and rxTools.dat for sure. I don't know whether they've managed to do without slot0x25keyX.bin; it was necessary some time ago.

thank you for that @Earth97 i will delete the firmware.bin and rxtools.dat and i will just wait for confirmation on if i need to keep slot0x25keyX.bin or can be deleted

Thanks for replying

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need it on a N3DS anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up @VerseHell (always appreciate your help)

So i can tidy up my card now and delete the 3 files

firmware.bin
slot0x25KeyX.bin
rxTools.dat

Final question (for a while) i promise :D

I have the file msetdg.bin on the root of my microSD card

I think it is there from where i originally setup MSET to access rxTools

Does this need to stay there for MSET to continue working or can it be removed ?

Thank you in advance

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do we have a working DevMode with one of the nigthlies?
Dev Mode is the equivalent to Pasta Mode right? SysNAND with syschecks disabled?

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a strange problem with rxTools emuNAND. Since i updated my emuNAND to the latest firmware (O3DS), my 3DS freeze after a few seconds in rxTools emuNAND.
In Gateway emuNAND i have no problems.
I tried the latest nightlies, but still freezes with rxTools. The problem exist only in emuNAND, in rxTools sysNAND i have no freezes.
The only thing that i have changed is, that i switched from a 32GB SD card to a 64GB SD card. Does rxTools supports 64GB cards or does rxTools have problems with the latest 10.3.XXX emuNAND?

Last edited by MaNiAlJoWo,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
(Edit) Both Oct.02 and Nov.15 builds have a 3 black squares issue on my two rxMode SysNAND 4.5.0-10Js (both of them were upgraded by Sysupdater) even I have reformatted their SysNAND.

I have had a look on them with BBM / Dev / FBI and nothing was pre-installed.
Haven't directly seeked the NAND though.

The 3 black squares doesn't exist on my rxMode SysNAND 9.2.0-20Js (they were upgraded directly from System Setting but not Sysupdater).

The 3 black squares doesn't appear on Pasta mode.

(Update) A new created emuNAND 4.5.0-10J also has the 3 black squares. After upgraded it to 10.3.0-28J, the 3 black squares vanished.

(Update2) I just injected a 4.4.0-4J, which was the backup just after directly updated by cart from 2.1.0-4J, into emuNAND. It still has the 3 black squares.
According to this I think the 3 black squares on rxMode Sys/emuNAND 4.X issue is probably an rxTools bug.

(Update3) CTR decrypted and compared 4.4.0-4J (Pure) with 4.5.0-10J (Sysupdater upgraded).
4.5.0-10J has a 0001000f folder on nand://data/<ID>/sysdata, which is strange.
But no more strange files/folders than that.
Since both of them has the 3 black squares issue, the 0001000f folder may be useless for this.

(Edit) 0001000f is SEEDDB. But now I'm confused that why I can get a SEED on 4.X? Since SEED is 9.6+ only.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone give me a good reason why I absolutely need to update to the latest nightly over the 10-2 build which launches DSTWO on N3DS?

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does the new rxtools have any type of pasta or interface when booting it up on emunand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44