Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Some Linux
I just bricked one of my N3DS XL because of trying to downgrade get the OTP for arm9loaderhax. How this happened, doesn't matter, it was an error from my part. I'll try a hardmod later, but I'm more a software man, so maybe I could need to ask help to a friend.

Anyway, the point is I wanted to test SocketPunch and FBI on Updated Sysnand using AuReiNand on arm9loaderhax, since there seemed to be problems when using it in that kind of setup, and I didn't have any arm9loaderhax hacked console.

Would someone be willing to tell me about their experience when using SocketPunch with an arm9loaderhax installed console? Just try the latest version with wjchen's FBI build (as explained in the OP), install some CIA files, and please tell me if you get any issue.

There's a common issue that happen too in normal CFW: it freezes while transferring because of network timeouts. If you get some other problem than this one, please comment about it.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry to here that, good luck.

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you create new push for every percent? Coz this is what it looks like on my pebble

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just bricked one of my N3DS XL because of trying to downgrade get the OTP for arm9loaderhax. How this happened, doesn't matter, it was an error from my part. I'll try a hardmod later, but I'm more a software man, so maybe I could need to ask help to a friend.

Anyway, the point is I wanted to test SocketPunch and FBI on Updated Sysnand using AuReiNand on arm9loaderhax, since there seemed to be problems when using it in that kind of setup, and I didn't have any arm9loaderhax hacked console.

Would someone be willing to tell me about their experience when using SocketPunch with an arm9loaderhax installed console? Just try the latest version with wjchen's FBI build (as explained in the OP), install some CIA files, and please tell me if you get any issue.

There's a common issue that happen too in normal CFW: it freezes while transferring because of network timeouts. If you get some other problem than this one, please comment about it.

Thanks everyone!
It works well on this setup, just as well as on 9.2 menuhax pasta and emunand

Attachments

• IMG_2016-04-02_220637_1459624021568.jpg
    IMG_2016-04-02_220637_1459624021568.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 207

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you create new push for every percent? Coz this is what it looks like on my pebble

It works well on this setup, just as well as on 9.2 menuhax pasta and emunand
Yes, a new notification per percentage.

Thanks for testing it out.

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, a new notification per percentage.

Thanks for testing it out.
Can you make it the other way? I don't want to mute socket punch, I want "Done" notification. But 100 notifications during installation is too much for a poor watch. Chrome is showing progressbar and sends only start and finish notification. Is it managable?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you make it the other way? I don't want to mute socket punch, I want "Done" notification. But 100 notifications during installation is too much for a poor watch. Chrome is showing progressbar and sends only start and finish notification. Is it managable?
I can add an option for that. Maybe just showing the notification when it completes.

I'll see if there's another way of updating the percentage without pushing the notification again.

Reactions: WallK

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thanks everyone!
I used only A9LH installed consoles and i've never had problem with SocketPunch. I installed Pokémon OR without problems (using pre-patched firmware option)

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used only A9LH installed consoles and i've never had problem with SocketPunch. I installed Pokémon OR without problems (using pre-patched firmware option)
Thanks for testing! I just wanted to know. It could be an isolated issue, then (someone reported having problems with their micro SD card not being read after failing an install). But we'll need more people testing ir for confirming that.

Reactions: Real.96

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Olmectron just gave this a try tonight after changing memory cards and my god it's nice not having to babysit these installs for hours lol, thank you for keeping this going it works great and saves so much time and hassle.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Olmectron Just used socketpunch (java) + wjchen FBI build on my french N3DS AuReiNAND 4.2 + A9LH (on sysNAND 10.7) to install some CIA (various sizes, from 5MB to 800MB) : works flawlessly

(Do you need more testing with specific CIA ?)

this software is really convenient to use, thanks :)

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Olmectron Just used socketpunch (java) + wjchen FBI build on my french N3DS AuReiNAND 4.2 + A9LH (on sysNAND 10.7) to install some CIA (various sizes, from 5MB to 800MB) : works flawlessly

(Do you need more testing with specific CIA ?)

this software is really convenient to use, thanks :)
Thanks for testing ot! There are still some issues with larger files and when your 3DS has timeout connections with the network, but since most people is saying it's working as expected on A9LH, I think it should work the same as without it (with MenuHax + EmuNAND).

No, no specific files to try out. Thanks again!

@Olmectron just gave this a try tonight after changing memory cards and my god it's nice not having to babysit these installs for hours lol, thank you for keeping this going it works great and saves so much time and hassle.
Thanks for testing it! If you happen to get any kind of error, please let me know. There are still some problems with network timeouts handling, and I'm working on them.

DragoonAdept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I messed up pretty bad here.

I was trying to install a newer version of FBI so I could use SocketPunch from my phone and apparently it was the same ID, so i had to uninstall the old version first. After that, it basically crashed and I couldn't install the new version.

I don't have a9lh and I'm not able to install it after booting into FBI from HBLauncher, or anything else apparently.

Since I don't have a9lh, I can't inject into the health and safety app, either.

Now, I've got some saved games that I'd like to keep so I can't exactly just start over without losing my progress, right?

Is there anything I can do at this point to save my games or install FBI?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I messed up pretty bad here.

I was trying to install a newer version of FBI so I could use SocketPunch from my phone and apparently it was the same ID, so i had to uninstall the old version first. After that, it basically crashed and I couldn't install the new version.

I don't have a9lh and I'm not able to install it after booting into FBI from HBLauncher, or anything else apparently.

Since I don't have a9lh, I can't inject into the health and safety app, either.

Now, I've got some saved games that I'd like to keep so I can't exactly just start over without losing my progress, right?

Is there anything I can do at this point to save my games or install FBI?
You don't need a9lh to inject to h&s. And what did you do again? I'm confused as to what you actually did and the problem you're having.

Reactions: DragoonAdept

DragoonAdept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a9lh to inject to h&s. And what did you do again? I'm confused as to what you actually did and the problem you're having.

I attempted to install the FBI cia in the thread OP as I was having problems transferring cias through the official version, and it apparently had the same title ID as the original FBI app, so I had to uninstall the original FBI first before proceeding, but this caused a crash. Now, I can't re-install FBI or install any other cias.

Everything I've read says I need to be able to use Decrypt9 and Decrypt9WIP requires a9lh.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to install the FBI cia in the thread OP as I was having problems transferring cias through the official version, and it apparently had the same title ID as the original FBI app, so I had to uninstall the original FBI first before proceeding, but this caused a crash. Now, I can't re-install FBI or install any other cias.

Everything I've read says I need to be able to use Decrypt9 and Decrypt9WIP requires a9lh.
Na. Follow this and make sure you're on 9.2 when you do it or D9 won't work:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

Reactions: DragoonAdept

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU