ROM Hack [Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 1 English Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I didn't know that's possible at all. But this would require a lot of code to be injected, right? I'm not sure that would be possible.

And I have to admit - I don't belive that everyone here claiming to own a legit eShop copy really does. There might be one or two, but I don't believe there are that many. Especilly when they claim they can't afford to buy it again - why import an expensive Japanese 3DS in the first place then?
Again, old 3DSes can access out-of-region Eshops.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that's possible at all. But this would require a lot of code to be injected, right? I'm not sure that would be possible.

And I have to admit - I don't belive that everyone here claiming to own a legit eShop copy really does. There might be one or two, but I don't believe there are that many. Especilly when they claim they can't afford to buy it again - why import an expensive Japanese 3DS in the first place then?

It would absolutely be possible, but would require you to write a fair amount of code -- FBI can read tickets, so you could look at that codebase for an example of how to do that. You'd then locate the RSA signature, and validate the SHA hash in it. Only Nintendo can produce valid signatures, so if the signature is real and the console id stored in the ticket matches the current console, it's a legitimate copy.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would absolutely be possible, but would require you to write a fair amount of code -- FBI can read tickets, so you could look at that codebase for an example of how to do that. You'd then locate the RSA signature, and validate the SHA hash in it. Only Nintendo can produce valid signatures, so if the signature is real and the console id stored in the ticket matches the current console, it's a legitimate copy.
Yeah, I got that part, but all of this would need to be injected into the code.bin - finding that much space would be difficult, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Me? Nope, I didn't.
So let me get this straight - you say we're dicks for assuming everyone without a physical copy is a pirate (which we didn't say) - but it turns out you really are a pirate?

Why were you offended in the first place? You seem like a huge hypocrite to me.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got that part, but all of this would need to be injected into the code.bin - finding that much space would be difficult, right?

I'm pretty sure there'd be enough space, but it would probably be easiest to just make code.bin bigger if you went down that route instead of carving out code caves in limited "unimportant" regions.

masterofmoms

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we just never fight in this thread so I can translate in peace

Editing this so it's not just a low-effort shitpost: Real, honest request here. I hope you guys enjoy the patch itself, and if not, I really want to hear your feedback. Any and all issues with it, big or small. I wasn't super involved in this episode's release, but I want to know for future releases. And I hope that future discussions about this patch, whether it's here or anywhere else, can kind of move past the AP garbage. I know it's a big deal here, and another fantrans I was part of always had shitslinging any time it was mentioned. It'd be cool if people could talk about just the patch itself later on, that's all. Thanks.

Last edited by masterofmoms,
Reactions: DarthDub

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while I disagree with the ap check and how it was handled, the fact it's been dragged on for about 12 pages is insane.

so I'll just say I respect all the work done going into the translation itself and game patching to make it possible. I can't wait to see future episodes translated. :)

also, slight error...

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Someone know a let's play or streaming of this first case that already going on? I have a trouble searching for any let's play or streamer for this translated patch.

Last edited by mwahaha,

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
*snip*

In any seriousness though, I hope the team won't get discouraged by this many people against them because of the AP and then suddenly abandon this project.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Kyrio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: iridescent12

SpiritofAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot to the whole team for the hard work in managing to get this release out. Will be a few weeks before I get my copy, but looking forward to playing it!

SpiritofAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much for this hard work! Besides I have the legit eshop game, I found the patch on that iso site and works perfectly so thanks for the team and for @astronautlevel

For me the AP thing doesn't make any sense but it's my opinion.

Lol attitudes like that towards piracy are part of the reason why Ace Attorney has gone digital only in the west.

Reactions: DarthDub

Stepperer

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The issue was that there are no mods. You brought up the strawman of salery, not me. I countered that, but the real argument was the lack of mods. Astronautlevel confirmed there are enough trustworthy people who would do it for free.

The real argument is lack of salary. With a salary of a 10000$ a month there will be as much mods as you like. When a person is saying "I will work for free" - it is suspicious at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1