ROM Hack [Release] Theme Customization Tools

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
You can also manually edit the color with a hex editor.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu/Themes
Have you actually done this?
I'm finding it difficult. I even switched the entire first block of code between 2 premium themes and it didn't change anything. (though the numbers did change and save, and the theme worked as normal)
A noob-friendly guide would be much appreciated, though I atleast want to know if you've succeeded in custom color schemes.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working for me. Import and Export do nothing, and when I try to open body_LZ.bin a command prompt window opens with some "file not found" errors, and the program crashes.

Also, why no source code?

Reactions: Gereirhadeigne

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete
ok you NEED to reword this right away

"Requirements:
Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0
It can hang if it stays in folders with spaces in their name, so be sure to not have spaces in the tool's path."

you did not define what IT is you say "not to have spaces in the tools path"
yeah i did that i put the tool.exe in a folder with no space and in path with no spaces in any folder names and it still didn't work , i interpret this statement as do not put the tool.exe file in a folder path with spaces,
but it says nothing about the body_LZ.bin file you are trying to open, it wouldn't work for me till i put the body_LZ.bin file in a no space folder path
that statement seems like you are trying to say not to put the actual tool.exe in spaced folder path

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to open the body_LZ.bin file this came with, it says the app is not responding and forces me to close out. Help?
And it opens up a console window for a second too, right? I had the same problem. I ended up just using Every File Explorer, which can open body_LZ.bin files and edit them just fine. I still haven't actually gotten a custom theme CIA to work, but that's not the fault of either program.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to open the body_LZ.bin file this came with, it says the app is not responding and forces me to close out. Help?
This should be put in the OP
Put BOTH the theme editor folder with the .exe
AND the body_LZ.bin in a folder that has no spaces in it or in any folders name in the path
I used the same folder and it worked didn't work for me with just the theme editor in space free folder path didn't work till I moved the. Body_LZ.bin in there too

Reactions: bigcookie

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be put in the OP
Put BOTH the theme editor folder with the .exe
AND the body_LZ.bin in a folder that has no spaces in it or in any folders name in the path
I used the same folder and it worked didn't work for me with just the theme editor in space free folder path didn't work till I moved the. Body_LZ.bin in there too

Uhm Wot? Could you explain? I don't understand what you mean by "No Spaces". Do you mean the folder name? The amount of free space that's in it? EXPLAIN! PLEAASE!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm Wot? Could you explain? I don't understand what you mean by "No Spaces". Do you mean the folder name? The amount of free space that's in it? EXPLAIN! PLEAASE!

the name of the folder that the body_LZ.bin is in , that folders name cant have any spaces in it and if that folder is inside another folder then that folder also need to not have any spaces in the folders name etc for any other folders in the file path , same goes for the theme editor tool.exe
just extract the themeeditor folder to
your c drive then put the body_LZ,bin in there if you are unsure, make sure there is no spaces in the folders name

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the name of the folder that the body_LZ.bin is in , that folders name cant have any spaces in it and if that folder is inside another folder then that folder also need to not have any spaces in the folders name etc for any other folders in the file path , same goes for the theme editor tool.exe
your c drive then put the body_LZ,bin in there if you are unsure, make sure there is no spaces in the folders name

K. Got it working. Thanks.

Reactions: weatMod

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still no support for custom themes with Gateway yet? In the OP it states he's looking for a way to make it work, something to do with signing the .cia, any updates?

That's something for Gateway to fix (.cia installs of custom themes)

You can use this method for them though

http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds_homemenu_extdatatool-aka-custom-themes-on-ninjhax-gateway.377379/

There is a .cia of the app here, so you don't have to use ninjahax.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-theme-customization-tools.374206/page-8#post-5237811

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know all the image settings the image file should be saved as every time I import a modified image is causes a error but importing a unmodified one works.

I tried a very basic edit and got the same (just exported the default and used the pencil tool to draw a smiley face then saved the resulting file causes a error

I'm running the software under Wine on Linux and using Gimp for the image editor. I also noted the exported image files can't be opened by my basic image viewer but they work fine in Gimp.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if the issue with looping the top image in panaoramic themes is fixed? i keep getting a black blot in the upper left hand corner,some people have reported the same issue only with white block
anyway to fix this?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know all the image settings the image file should be saved as every time I import a modified image is causes a error but importing a unmodified one works.

I tried a very basic edit and got the same (just exported the default and used the pencil tool to draw a smiley face then saved the resulting file causes a error

I'm running the software under Wine on Linux and using Gimp for the image editor. I also noted the exported image files can't be opened by my basic image viewer but they work fine in Gimp.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-custom-themes.377558/
Download the tool here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-theme-customization-tools.374206/)
  • Create a new BLANK BMP image with the dimensions 512 x 256 pixels for the top screen.
  • At the coordinates (0, 0) of that new image, insert the picture you want with the dimensions of 400 x 240. This will be the top screen.
  • Create a new BLANK BMP image with the dimensions 1024 x 256 pixels for the bottom screen.
  • Starting at coordinates (0, 0) of that new image, insert the three different images you want to transition on the bottom screen.
  • These three images should be each 320 x 240 pixels, and at coordinates (0, 0), (320, 0), and (640, 0) respectively.
  • Remember that these images will not fill up all of the white-space within the container BMP images. This is supposed to happen.
  • In the 3DS Theme Editor that you downloaded in step one, import the default theme by pressing File>Open and navigating to data/body_BZ.bin.
  • For slide 0, press File>Import and select the BMP Image you need for the top screen.
  • For slide 1, press File>Import and select the BMP Image you need for the bottom screen.
  • Once you're done importing, press simulator to do a test-run of your theme thus far.
  • If you're happy with your results, press File>Save to save your body_BZ.bin file.

Boysbigbig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Im still getting that error i tried everything still wont open.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still getting that error i tried everything still wont open.

did you extract the the theme editor tool.exe to a folder with no spaces in the name and no spaces in any folders name in the path an dthen put the body_LZ.bin in that same folder?

just make a new folder on c:/. c:/themeedittool
extract everyhting to it, and then put your body_LZ.bin in that same folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe