Homebrew [Release] TWLSaveTool v1.0

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking the thread, but could you try dumping/restoring your EoS save with this? Just go to Titles -> (your DS cartridge name) -> Export/Import Save Data. Save dumps are located at "sdmc:/fbi/save/(cartridge header game name).sav"

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/page-139#post-6417614

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEES! It worked! At first try! Well, I had to use my O3DS with emunand, but it worked (The program needed kernel acces).

Thank you very much, really, I was hopeless at this moment, at least I have it back on the cartridge. Thank you!

Reactions: ihaveahax and TuxSH

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
I tried to extract with that the Learn with Pokémon Typing Adventure, and it failed at all, but I don't think that people care too much about that game (me neither).

At least we finally have one important title operative more, if @TuxSH fixes that, I'm sure that more people is going to be happy, nice job everyone :yay3ds:

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Attachments

• TWLSaveTool.zip
    564.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited by TuxSH,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use this:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-nin...e-online-servers-for-ds-and-wii-games.362717/

I used it to get some Pokémon Guardian Signs events, it should work with these games I think.

Edit:
There's the list of games:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki/Nintendo-DS-Download-Content
For DS, an Action Replay DS(i), flashcard or emulator is required
If you can't or don't want to use Action Replay cheats, you can patch your game directly.
I have no external device, be it a cheat device, a roms creator or a roms reader. That's why I was hoping for a solution through save backup exchange.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, everybody! This website is very interesting, I've been reading posts on it for years, and this is my very first post! I've gotten my Gateway 3DS last June, and I finally got around to start using it 3 weeks ago when classes finally ended! I would like to applaud TuxSH and all other contributors for this homebrew, its capability to backup and restore saves is incredible. This is the first homebrew app I ran using my Gateway.

I would like to confirm that you can get as many Manaphy eggs as you want from Pokemon Ranger using this! That's the game that led me to search for this. I bought a used copy of Pokemon Ranger online and I have given myself 6 illegitimate legitimate Manaphy eggs on my Platinum file using this. Haha :) I was able to get the illegitimate legitimate Phione that I wanted :)

This works fine for me with Pokemon Platinum using the normal 512 kb .sav file type.

I just received my NDS Adapter Plus today so that I can back up and restore my Explorers of Sky save file and can confirm that it works, so that's an option. So far, I used my NDS Adapter Plus on my Win 7 64 bit. I don't know about other operating systems, but for that particular one you have to manually manipulate and install custom USB drivers in order to get it to work properly (so that the device can be recognized). Other operating systems might work easier, I don't know if it works on windows 10, however. Again, this is an option that definitely works for Explorers of Sky, for other games, I plan to use this homebrew to not wear out the USB adapter, I have a feeling that the build is chintzy.

All in all, many applause to TuxSH and all other contributors! This tool is really amazing and I'm happy to be here!

Regarding my post, Im not sure how to fix?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is this program making possible to get old download contents for outdated DS games (by importing a save from a game who has them)? I have Sora to robo and Draque IX and would like to get saves including the optional contents for them (maps, dungeons, missions, etc)
I have no external device, be it a cheat device, a roms creator or a roms reader. That's why I was hoping for a solution through save backup exchange.
Accessing old event distributions without an external device would be possible by either getting a save from someone where the save has whatever content you want available/unlocked, or by extracting your save and editing it so that what you want is unlocked. The latter would require a save editor (this thread has a save editor for DQ IX) for the particular game(s), and the former can be done by finding the necessary save and injecting it with TWLSaveTool. I found this thread, which might be of some help for that, and for DQ IX, you can look through this or this and see if either of those has a save file with Wi-Fi stuff unlocked.

Failing all of that, you'll have to go out and grab a flashcard or Action Replay.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: AyanamiRei

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
is their any way to unlock events in pokemon diamond like darkrai i used poke gen to inject wonder card but thats not working eh i don't want just the pokemon liek the event where you go to the island

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is their any way to unlock events in pokemon diamond like darkrai i used poke gen to inject wonder card but thats not working eh i don't want just the pokemon liek the event where you go to the island
You have to inject the 'Member Card event' wondercard. Open your save file in PokéGen and go Tools -> Mystery Gifts -> Open -> select the wondercard .pcd file, then click the left arrow in the middle.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just add the Azure Flute to your Key Items pocket.
I'm pretty sure you need a little more than that? IIRC there's a flag that gets set when you receive it that makes it capable of working. Same goes for the Gen III event map/tickets, which I am more certain about. I could be wrong, but it seems unlikely they'd remove a protection like that in a later gen. I've had success adding it to the queue of things to be received from the clerk using pokesav back in the day, that should work for them.

Last edited by configchan,

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is a truly incredible tool and it allowed me to dump saves of most of my DS games... But my Pokémon Diamond and Pearl give me trouble.
When I run the TWL tool with one of these cartridges in my console, I usually get the message about "Unsupported save file type" and how the game might not have a save. But they do. Any idea why this might be happening and/or how to solve it?

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tried it on another console, same results. That's odd. Seems like it's the cartridges' fault, yet they're perfectly good DP cartridges, I don't get it.
I guess I can live without dumping two of my games, it's just weird.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Tried it on another console, same results. That's odd. Seems like it's the cartridges' fault, yet they're perfectly good DP cartridges, I don't get it.
I guess I can live without dumping two of my games, it's just weird.

This the same happened to me when my plat cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herolarcio

The difference is night and day.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really helpful! Never been able to save edit NL before!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean ACWW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean ACWW

JakeTheOneDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came on here to say thank you so much for this, it has been working perfectly for me!

I'm finally able to get those pesky event Pokemon that have been long since lost in my official copies of HG/SS/Pt. It's amazing to me that this is possible!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch