Homebrew [Release] TWLSaveTool v1.0

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this, and got so relieved because it meant I didn't need to buy an R4 (don't ask). But then, I saw what you needed installed. You see, the only computer I have access to is a college computer that runs Windows 7. And last I checked, students don't get admin rights. So, I got worked up for nothing. Back to saving up for an R4, I guess............

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
I heard about this, and got so relieved because it meant I didn't need to buy an R4 (don't ask). But then, I saw what you needed installed. You see, the only computer I have access to is a college computer that runs Windows 7. And last I checked, students don't get admin rights. So, I got worked up for nothing. Back to saving up for an R4, I guess............
You do not need admin access for homebrew :P

Reactions: shutterbug2000

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I heard about this, and got so relieved because it meant I didn't need to buy an R4 (don't ask). But then, I saw what you needed installed. You see, the only computer I have access to is a college computer that runs Windows 7. And last I checked, students don't get admin rights. So, I got worked up for nothing. Back to saving up for an R4, I guess...
I don't understand; all you need is PokéTransporter or Pokémon Dream Radar installed on your 3DS. Where do a PC or admin rights come into the equation at all?

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand; all you need is PokéTransporter or Pokémon Dream Radar installed on your 3DS. Where do a PC or admin rights come into the equation at all?

How to build:
Have libctru and devkitARM correctly installed and set up, as well as makerom and bannertool in an accessible path, then run: make

Those programs listed require admin rights to install on a PC. Or, am I looking at the wrong link?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How to build:
Have libctru and devkitARM correctly installed and set up, as well as makerom and bannertool in an accessible path, then run: make
Those programs listed require admin rights to install on a PC. Or, am I looking at the wrong link?
You can just download the .3dsx or .cia file from the link in the OP?

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you soo much. I hope that anyone there can make a mod to insert the save into the cartridge again, I'm going to ask again on Project Pokémon to get the save back, because it's really hard/expensive to get one of these NDS Adapter Plus...

Edit:
I tried to put the save with this tool, but it still didn't work, it says that the data is corrupt.
Do you have a DS FAT/DS lite and a flashcard? If yes you can try NDS Backup wifi tool, I restored my PMD - Darkness (EU) save with it, because wooddumper can only dump it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/430190/
I hope you get your save to work.
P.S: If you don't change your rooter settings because the DS only connects to WEP, use your Phone Hotspot, it worked for me too!

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Do you have a DS FAT/DS lite and a flashcard? If yes you can try NDS Backup wifi tool, I restored my PMD - Darkness (EU) save with it, because wooddumper can only dump it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/430190/
I hope you get your save to work.
P.S: If you don't change your rooter settings because the DS only connects to WEP, use your Phone Hotspot, it worked for me too!

Posted with my LG G5 using Tapatalk
Sadly I have done that, Darkness and Time work fine, but Sky doesn't. It's something about the program, it didn't gets the entire save file, and then, it puts only a piece of the save into the cartridge.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sadly I have done that, Darkness and Time work fine, but Sky doesn't. It's something about the program, it didn't gets the entire save file, and then, it puts only a piece of the save into the cartridge.
You've probably figured this out by now, but EoS doesn't work with TWLsavetool or NDS Backup Tool to restore save files to a cart, your only hope is to buy an NDS save dongle.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
You've probably figured this out by now, but EoS doesn't work with TWLsavetool or NDS Backup Tool to restore save files to a cart, your only hope is to buy an NDS save dongle.

Wait, do you say that is impossible to edit the program to detect the correct save file?

I remember that other games as BlackWhite HeartGold and SoulSilver failed at first too...

Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry I have read another thing and I fixed it later.
Wait, do you say that is impossible to edit the program to detect the correct save file?
I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying it doesn't work and probably won't for a while.

It's not as simple as just 'editing the program', it's not as though those who wrote the homebrew made it not work with EoS on purpose, it's because EoS is unique in the way it handles saves (I imagine) and hence is incompatible.

As I said, don't necessarily expect this homebrew to be fixed to work with EoS very soon, a solid option (which Derpidius suggested) is get a save dongle like the NDS Adapter Plus.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is this program making possible to get old download contents for outdated DS games (by importing a save from a game who has them)? I have Sora to robo and Draque IX and would like to get saves including the optional contents for them (maps, dungeons, missions, etc)

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is this program making possible to get old download contents for outdated DS games (by importing a save from a game who has them)? I have Sora to robo and Draque IX and would like to get saves including the optional contents for them (maps, dungeons, missions, etc)
You can use this:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-nin...e-online-servers-for-ds-and-wii-games.362717/

I used it to get some Pokémon Guardian Signs events, it should work with these games I think.

Edit:
There's the list of games:
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki/Nintendo-DS-Download-Content

Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,
Reactions: AyanamiRei

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I tried poking around the source code the other day to try to make it work with EoS, but sadly, I could not.

Here's details of what I noticed:
-For some reason, there's an extra FF byte at the beginning of each page. Adding 'pos = pos >> 1' before the read command makes it work, though.
-The page size (I think that's the terminology?) is too small, as the backup save that's normally 50KB in appears too early in the file (again, having an FF byte at the beginning without the above fix)
-I don't know if the save chip is eeprom or flash. I would guess flash since that's what EoT/EoD uses, but I don't know. The code treats it as eeprom. The eeprom restore doesn't work, and I don't remember what happened when I tried flash. It might have failed because of similar reasons to backing up, but flash didn't clear out the first 50 or so bytes like eeprom.

D

Deleted User

Sorry if it seems like I'm hijacking the thread, but could you try dumping/restoring your EoS save with this? Just go to Titles -> (your DS cartridge name) -> Export/Import Save Data. Save dumps are located at "sdmc:/fbi/save/(cartridge header game name).sav"

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/page-139#post-6417614

Last edited by ,

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users