Homebrew [Release] Ugopwn

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Awesome!

And to make things even better, lets just say I've been working on a little something that will make downgrading and hax-installation easier, similar to twl-nf but a bit more flexible (because it doesn't require writing scripts). It'll make things more convenient for all consoles with ugopwn access. More info coming soon!

Running downgrading/hax-installing scripts is surely more convenient than doing that manually? and safer? for example the 3ds.guide use the scripting feature from godmode9.

https://3ds.guide/gm9_scripts/setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running downgrading/hax-installing scripts is surely more convenient than doing that manually? and safer? for example the 3ds.guide use the scripting feature from godmode9.

https://3ds.guide/gm9_scripts/setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9
Yeah it's definitely easier for guide following, the thing I'm working on will mostly be for after following the guide, to make installing games and managing things easier (to avoid having to write a new script every time I want to add something to my DSi). I'll still recommend TWLnf for the guide, it's been great so far so there's not much of a reason to change it.

Another note, I also starting making my own thing so I could practice some coding, I just decided I wanted to share it when it's finished. Its not meant as a replacement for TWLnf.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah it's definitely easier for guide following, the thing I'm working on will mostly be for after following the guide, to make installing games and managing things easier (to avoid having to write a new script every time I want to add something to my DSi). I'll still recommend TWLnf for the guide, it's been great so far so there's not much of a reason to change it.

Another note, I also starting making my own thing so I could practice some coding, I just decided I wanted to share it when it's finished. Its not meant as a replacement for TWLnf.
Since you're saying "practice some coding", I'd suggest forking twlnf - after all it's open souce - instead of starting your own, nand file access is the most difficult part, not immediately available from libnds.

Ignore this post if you're more skilled than me.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need to write a script for backing up games or saves. Installing games doesn't require a script.
It will be able to do both of those things (without a script), but that's not the point. Again, it's not meant to be a competition or anything. I just put together some (kind of poorly made) code to practice, and I'd like to share it. I'll still recommend TWLnf to people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since you're saying "practice some coding", I'd suggest forking twlnf - after all it's open souce - instead of starting your own, nand file access is the most difficult part, not immediately available from libnds.

Ignore this post if you're more skilled than me.
I plan to do that but I haven't learned any C yet. I plan to contribute to TWLnf when/if I do, but for the time being I'm not there yet.

Because it's not coded in C, the tool I'm working on will be for PC-side nand editing. Most people will probably prefer TWLnf for the convenience of it being console side, but it's always good to add some variety I guess. If no one ends up using it, at least I'll have gotten to practice.

Also, I'm definitely not more skilled than you, lol. I only recently learned some coding

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

WeZ423

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When ugopwn for EUR version will be released, could shutterbug2000 work on dsibrowserhax or you will do JPN compatible before. And dsi browser has html5 support i think so it would be easy to run code :wink:.

GOD SHUTTERBUG2000, PLEASE MAKE DSIBROWSERHAX:bow:

Last edited by WeZ423,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ugopwn for EUR version will be released, could shutterbug2000 work on dsibrowserhax or you will do JPN compatible before. And dsi browser has html5 support i think so it would be easy to run code :wink:.

GOD SHUTTERBUG2000, PLEASE MAKE DSIBROWSERHAX:bow:
DSiBrowser hax is not a real thing, it is made up, asfar as i know, no one was even working on it

ChampionLeake

NTR/TWL Exploiter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiBrowser hax is not a real thing, it is made up, asfar as i know, no one was even working on it
There's no flaws/vulns found within the browser anyway. Plus OperaMini is closed sourced so It's going to be twice as hard to find anything interesting. Unless there was an SDK leak of the browser's source, way different story.

WeZ423

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no flaws/vulns found within the browser anyway. Plus OperaMini is closed sourced so It's going to be twice as hard to find anything interesting. Unless there was an SDK leak of the browser's source, way different story.
But OperaMini support html5 or javascript.

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A dsibrowserhax should be the thing that the dsi scene needs. You know that Flipnote Studio is not pre-installed on DSi but DSi Browser is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-