Homebrew [Release] Ugopwn

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ThisIsDaAccount What Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributable runtime does the SRL extractor use?

It wanted me to have MSVCR100.dll installed, and I grabbed one from DLL files dot com. Maybe that's why my SRL extractor won't start.
Sorry, I have no idea how srl extractor works. I'll see if I can add a note about your problem to the guide later.

q_q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uugghh ive tried it multiple times now with multiple sd cards... im not sure why, but i still cant see the ugopwn folder in flipnote...
When you open flipnote, you probably see a folder called 001. That's because it's looking at the folders on the Nand, not the SD. Above the 001 folder, click on where it says "normal" and switch it to "user".

Reactions: jamezfat

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So, after downgrading and installing other entrypoints like sodukuhax, 4swordshax and others, I noticed that each one of them loads the boot.nds in a different way. Some of them crash on the dsi homebrew menu, other crash inside the emulator, some of them don't even load the homebrew loader correctly.

Why is this happening? What is the best entrypoint right now with the most compatibility? Where can I find DSi homebrew?

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ThisIsDaAccount What Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributable runtime does the SRL extractor use?

It wanted me to have MSVCR100.dll installed, and I grabbed one from DLL files dot com. Maybe that's why my SRL extractor won't start.
Got that error before. You need to put the dll in a specific location, i don't know where but should work in the same folder as the exe.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after downgrading and installing other entrypoints like sodukuhax, 4swordshax and others, I noticed that each one of them loads the boot.nds in a different way. Some of them crash on the dsi homebrew menu, other crash inside the emulator, some of them don't even load the homebrew loader correctly.

Why is this happening? What is the best entrypoint right now with the most compatibility? Where can I find DSi homebrew?
The best one in terms of compatibility is sudokuhax, I think (based on personal experience). There's no single place to find DSi homebrew, you have to look around various places. The ones I recommend are the port of quake (I used to have this, but I can't find it now for the life of me), gameyob, nesDS, and srloader.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will this work on a flashcart? :unsure:

probably not so do not bully me
This does not work with a flashcart, it's purpose is to play homebrew and games without a flashcart.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sudokuhax is the one who work with nds-bootstrap and all homebrew who need generictwlpayload. 4sword boot faster but need rocketlauncher to be fully compatible.

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The ones I recommend are the port of quake (I used to have this, but I can't find it now for the life of me), gameyob, nesDS, and srloader.
Hmm, are you referring to this one?

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Fixed

On my Third dump, I forgot I messes up the offset of the footer.
---

error: 1-2435-8325][/I]
Kinda random question, But does anyone know what would cause an error: 1-2435-8325 ? (no&gba)

I had to brute force my console ID, as my dsiXL had only the pre installed titles (no data management option)

I thought it was weird that I got '0820211919113109' as I though XL's were supposed to start with '08201' or something.

Anyway, it seemed to work, and I was able to get my nand decrypted, but when I tested it (with the footer) I got that error.
So I tested my dump with the same footer.

44 53 69 20 65 4D 4D 43 20 43 49 44 2F 43 50 55
XX 32 41 XX A7 03 XX 30 XX 46 50 XX 00 00 15 00
XX 31 11 XX 19 XX 20 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

And I got the same error,

I tried dumping a few more times, same deal.

I already made sure no&gba is setup for booting dsi mode, as I had to downgrade my non-xl dsi (nand files in a separate directory.)

I double checked both ID's, and they're the same ones I used to decrypt the dump.

I don't think it's normal to get 3 bad dumps in a row, ... Any ideas?

Last edited by BOBdotEXE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D