ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Any chance someone could post a method for a money-hack? I'm enjoying the game, but between grinding for gear AND grinding for money, I'm going to be sick of the game much sooner than if I just had to deal with grinding for gear.

disgaea36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance someone could post a method for a money-hack? I'm enjoying the game, but between grinding for gear AND grinding for money, I'm going to be sick of the game much sooner than if I just had to deal with grinding for gear.

you don't have to worry too much about money in this game the nice thing about it is that when you go grind for levels or materials to build gear you will have a bunch of left over materials so you can sell a few and get a bunch of money. (learned that late after realizing I wasn't making any money lol) I always saved at least 2 materials and the old armor pieces so I could see what to make next. I never messed with the lottery tho so if some one else can shed some light on that department for others.

Reactions: dude1709

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I went the super-roundabout route. After attempting hex editing (there was AP involved so I couldn't just hack it like it was 1990) I remembered my old flash cart had the cheats feature (Acekard2) so I set about figuring out if it was possible to make use of that.

It turns out it IS possible to utilize those cheats if you do the following:

1. Add the original JP version to the flash cart.
2. Rename your save file to match up with the original ROM.
3. Enable the cheats you want.
4. Activate/utilize them, then save.
5. Rename your save file to match up with the patched ROM.

Behold, money!

Reactions: dude1709

tullfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
max money
94000130 FFFB0000
0216BDA4 05F5E0FF
D2000000 00000000

look up retrogamefan dats here at gba look inside the folders for the usrcheat.dat then run it in the r4cce cheat editor youll find thousands of codes for games you can copy these cheats in your dsi action replay too.

Zio Name

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, i finished the story (or at least, what i think is the first ending...). I can't say i'm really pleased with the game both story and gameplay wise. So, considering how i found the game, is it worth to hunt down the unlocked giants and the various slates or not?

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, if you are having the black screen of death, give this patch a try:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydjzj97n3jg9qtc/bobpatch_ver15.patch

(Or this if you want the whole package with new slate solutions and all)

Actually, everyone can give this patch a try. It doesn't add anything new but may...should(?) fix the issues with black screens on some carts.

Zio> the extra missions and all the side missions with the unlockable Behemoths are much harder than the main story in many cases but the gameplay will be more of the same. Multiplayer is interesting but hard to find multiple players. If you really just want the final endings it might be worth using a cheat to get all the items and max levels and stats for all characters just to see how each plays and to mash up the harder Behemoths.

Opinions in general on this game are mixed but I honestly expected that. Quite a few of my friends really didn't like this but a couple thought it was amazing and based on the messages I'm getting it seems the west has a similar love or hate extreme divide. All in all I still think it is a unique game compared to the usual Squeenix releases, and one that at least deserved a look.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Mu little tribute to Aaron amazing work, Abilities names may be fixed too :

_0bobfix.png

Reactions: Aaron Chmielowiec

Patuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm enjoy this game a lot, however in some of the mission objectives is clearly that you need a companion, for example "hit the back core of the behemoth's", if you go alone you will have a hard time, i know that you can make them turn around by attacking X or Y spot, but the momentum and the window is too short,
with two players one in each side of the map is incredible easy to hit the back cores.

As for the party S rewards, im sure you can only obtain S rank by having 4 players; since i only have 2 system's a DsiXL and a 3dsXL can't test this theory.
So decided to try to make a code that instead of 2 players B rank reward gives the S rank.
Found the offsets and every reward is +64 in hex or -64. however the 4 players S reward code didn't work.

Why i wanted to make this? because i don't want to purchase 2 more systems, for completionist and it seems the more players you got, the better the rewards are after clearing a mission.

These codes are for the supercards ds two Rewards after Mission "S"

#%title name:MissionTimeZero
%@state:1
1216d2cc 00000000

#%title name:MissionDamageZero
1216d330 00000000

#%title name:"S"4p (Not working)
1216d394 00000004

I was checking the Japanese wiki for some strategies, but google doesn't make a very good job, and can't find anything in English
other than gamefaqs Message board, the faq there is very lacking, Does anyone is planning on doing and English wiki?

Anyway thanks for the English patch!

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1394302419643.jpg

I.. I dunno what to say. I've been waiting soo long to finally be able to beta test it back when the "old team" was working on it and now it's suddenly finished. Awesome work, man!

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Patuli> This was a decent wiki though it is in Japanese : http://www12.atwiki.jp/bahamut/

It has all the details on all the Behemoths, items, weapons, ranks, materials, etc. I can't think of too much to add to that, actually (cheat codes perhaps), but yes, having that in English would be a help. Maybe I could do that?

hackotedelaplaqu> Thanks again for your help. I got your patched file and those ability names work, but the clear space routine is needed elsewhere in the game and there are now lists that do not clear before updating, titles getting overwritten, etc. This is good progress, though.

Edit> Oh, about the tentative 1.5 patch, I didn't trim the ROM image so it is 64MB. I could trim it again should more of the lingering issues be squashed and I have to make a new patch anyway.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i tried to give this a try just now, played the first mission with 3 characters, but when i go and teach the ifrit guy a new ability, the game just freezes after leaving the ability menue. repatched the game, still the same thing.
any idea what could cause this? i'm using a r4i-sdhc.com cart (the 3ds rts version)

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Clydefrosch> Can you try this patch? It's one that removes the AP Checks for troublesome carts...in theory. I have heard of black screen crashes on the R4i Max and EZ-Flash V but this is a first. I'll add it to the notes. If the other patch works, great, if not...I'll have to see about this case.

Oh yes, about the requested Strategy Guide (I have had a few to do the Japanese one in English), it shouldn't actually take as long as I thought. Last night I downloaded all available information in the guide and started putting it in a single file. I could probably generate a PDF with all this (missions, materials, items, ranks, etc.)

Small sampling of what I did last night:

zdTK51s.png
VhCa5yQ.png

Patuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you make that guide, i will have it printed in gloosy paper and put some nice artwork as cover.
Thanks again man, you are great!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Clydefrosch> Can you try this patch? It's one that removes the AP Checks for troublesome carts...in theory. I have heard of black screen crashes on the R4i Max and EZ-Flash V but this is a first. I'll add it to the notes. If the other patch works, great, if not...I'll have to see about this case

using that patch, I get to see the very first screen (think&feel) and then everything turns black... and remains as such. It also takes forever to load at that point

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, so I tried the original patch again and it's working now. at least so far. I turned off DMA, that might have something to do with it? Not sure what DMA was again..

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of 'guides', I am having an impossible time as Diago in handling the following two Bahamut missions:

War Given to the God - Destroy both wing cores!
Fort Summoners - Cut off both side guards!

I simply cannot hit either of those points, and it's actually really exhausting. I've been loving the game overall, even though my hands have not been loving me in return, but it really sucks to hit a roadblock like this. Is it just a matter of the character I've chosen? I hear Ryuma can tackle these two extremely easy but, ugh... I'll resort to a max-level cheat before I actually level the guy.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, after copy/pasting all the Japanese guide information I could find, the "guide" is about 120 pages long...ouch. Most of these titles and abilities, etc. I can copy/paste from the translated game files easily enough. It will just take some time.

There are some missing fields in these data tables, though. Most notably with the actual character abilities and the strengths, consumed MP, etc. at each "level" of the ability. Minor point, maybe, but if you want completeness...

Oh yes, retrogamefan has been helping me in trying to patch the game for people with flast carts that don't work well with this game. The "diable DMA" trick above is a good suggestion, actually. Additionally, retrogamefan helped make another patch that you can try. Give this a whirl:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k4m7c600fmk1x2k/BoB_v1.0b.rar
(However, disabling DMA Mode if you can seems to work for a few others from what I'm told)

I'll try to post later tonight with what I have done or post some kind of progress on the guide. It's pretty messy, but I want the actual information there first and then I can beautify it at the end.

EDIT> All right, the guide is up to 130 pages now. I'm putting in all the honors/titles and descriptions now. I have the main story missions almost done completely. Haven't touched the items, weapons, abilities, etc. sections nor the Free Missions post-main-game yet. There is also missing data, but if I really have to I can pick up the official strategy guide from the book story here or Amazon and find out that way if I can't find it online elsewhere.

Reactions: windwakr and Patuli

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway