Hacking Remake of Super Mario Bros (SMB Team)

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
well i got the two different saves working
yay.gif

but now its a new problem
laugh.gif
sorry im a perfectionist (this is why the teams themes take so long)
the save icon and banner found them in the iso easy its save_banner.arc
extracted it and the two files are bti files
used btidump to convert them to dds files which open in paint.net
tried editing and replacing the dds files but only renaming to .bti (i cant find a converter for it)
pic was all messed up

tried making dds files in to tpls renamed to .bti pic looked like it should but all the colors are wrong

if anyone knows the way to get this working would be great if you could let us know

+ anyone know where the title text and description in the save in stored id like to change that too

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
diddy81 said:
well i got the two different saves working
yay.gif

but now its a new problem
laugh.gif
sorry im a perfectionist (this is why the teams themes take so long)
the save icon and banner found them in the iso easy its save_banner.arc
extracted it and the two files are bti files
used btidump to convert them to dds files which open in paint.net
tried editing and replacing the dds files but only renaming to .bti (i cant find a converter for it)
pic was all messed up

tried making dds files in to tpls renamed to .bti pic looked like it should but all the colors are wrong

if anyone knows the way to get this working would be great if you could let us know

+ anyone know where the title text and description in the save in stored id like to change that too

I believe we have someone who is willing to do all of that once we have a final name
laugh.gif
but i maybe wrong!

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i found a tga 2 bti packer but it still messing the colors up
wacko.gif

EDIT:
yay.gif
fixed the colors if you use RGB565 the colors mess up but RGB5A3 works right

EDIT2: double
yay.gif
found text for save its in Message.arc at offset 0x00004BF9 thats in the EU version

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey diddy, why not join our forums and post your info there. Or even better a link to the files you have changed so we can all check it out. I'm sure it would be helpful to the team/project.

If you check the forums you can also see what the official name *could* be, still not definately certain lol, I'm sure if you modded the files needed to reflect our logo and game name, you would get a mention in the credits.........:-)

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiihackerz101 said:
Godson777 said:
and what are you guys gonna do about the credits? I'm working on a hack as well but I don't know what I'm going to do with those credits...

I made a credits gameplay file... in other words the credits and gave it to Hamradio for bug fixes and to add some sexyness!
uh.............. wut? your saying you made a gameplay file? crap! how did you make the credits? you gotta teach me!!!!

zamlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
He used a little imagination and the text tileset thats included with reggie lol

Exactly, and I believe it will work if you replace the original credits level!!!
yaywii.gif

hamradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The SMB levels are ready, now we are working on all the little details like save icon, music, title screen, credits, etc. and putting it into a patch.

zamlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hamradio said:
The SMB levels are ready, now we are working on all the little details like save icon, music, title screen, credits, etc. and putting it into a patch.

SMB: Levels ready: Working on little details.

SMB LL: Still working on levels.

SMB Both: Look at both of previous options.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This does seem like an awesome idea, to be honest. I'm very impressed with screens I've seen so far.

I previously asked if there would be a simple way to play it, but after reading a bit more, I see that it will be put in a patch and the patch will just be applied to the .iso, I'm guessing. Awesome.
smile.gif

Second is, do I need the NTSC-U Ver. for this to work? (i'm guessing yes, but why not ask.) Just 'cause I have the PAL ver. (Since it came out there first
tongue.gif
) so yeah.

Anyway, just wondering.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to play it.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... wait... when you patch the iso with this game... Will it change the channel information and all the things you changed? if so... AWSOME!!!!

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what you mean by channel information?? If you mean the name and animation that plays in the disc channel when you insert the disc, then yes, it will change that. Also it will give you a different save name and disc id.
cool.gif

Also it will insert everything that we have done, levels, backgrounds, tilesets...... everything
tongue.gif

No plans for a specific release date, but you can check how things are coming along at the forums
yay.gif

You can even download individual levels and try them out, please do so and leave us your comments!!

http://originalsmbw.forumotion.com/index.h...f5807d713954eb6

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent. I got all the levels imported into the iso and I'm playing it now. absolutely excellent.

I'd be more than happy to compose a soundtrack for it, somewhat reminiscent of the actual NES title, more like remixes of the songs. Only if you're interested. Let me know!!!

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will encounter some bugs playing thru our levels at the moment, IF u r starting a new game. Best way to test.....Use a 100% (or close to) game save. The bugs should be avoided then. Check the forum for more details on the particular bug we have found involving secret exits and pathways, there may be more too
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D