Hacking Removing B9S

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't tell anybody about the hack and they won't even notice it's there, just be sure to install the latest possible stable versions of GodMode9 and Luma3DS to the NAND before you sell it.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
System transfer doesn't remove A9LH, and you can back up your NAND and uninstall A9LH easily despite a non-functional top screen.

Hourglass9, though outdated, has very few menu options and someone could probably help you navigate to dump your NAND, and uninstalling A9LH is as simple as running SafeA9LHInstaller as a payload, then pressing Start and inputting the button combo to uninstall A9LH.

Someone on A9LH/willing to read the source code will have to help you with that, though, because I've already forgotten what the Hourglass9 menu+SafeA9LHInstaller button combo looks like to give you precise details.
Uh, earlier in the thread, it was said a modded NAND backup cannot unmod a console.
I know System Transfer doesn't remove A9LH.
I'll ask this in the help threads.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, earlier in the thread, it was said a modded NAND backup cannot unmod a console.
I know System Transfer doesn't remove A9LH.
I'll ask this in the help threads.
I think I might not have been clear: the NAND backup is a safety measure in case something goes wrong (which it shouldn't, but you never know)

You can uninstall A9LH using SafeA9LHInstaller itself, and you don't need to be able to see your top screen to be able to do that as long as you know the button combo to uninstall it after you press Start to initiate it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I think I might not have been clear: the NAND backup is a safety measure in case something goes wrong (which it shouldn't, but you never know)

You can uninstall A9LH using SafeA9LHInstaller itself, and you don't need to be able to see your top screen to be able to do that as long as you know the button combo to uninstall it after you press Start to initiate it.
Which I don't know the button combo.

marcoz9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so to sumarize is download the firm that matches my model and version renamed to firm0.bin copy it to godmode9 on the virtual drive accept and reboot ?
thanks in advance

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which I don't know the button combo.
I understand why you are upset, but please do not take your frustration out on me, especially because I am trying to help you.

I looked up the source code: As soon as SafeA9LHInstaller boots up, you press Start, then Up, Down, Left, Right, B, A, START, SELECT

After you do that, you can press any button and it should shut off, uninstalling A9LH.

so to sumarize is download the firm that matches my model and version renamed to firm0.bin copy it to godmode9 on the virtual drive accept and reboot ?
thanks in advance
Yes, that is correct. However, please consider what @Lacius stated in a previous message:

If someone tries to remove B9S on a console that, for example, was unbanned in part by generating a new SecureInfo_A, removing B9S will result in a brick. The original SecureInfo_A needs to be restored first.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I understand why you are upset, but please do not take your frustration out on me, especially because I am trying to help you.

I looked up the source code: As soon as SafeA9LHInstaller boots up, you press Start, then Up, Down, Left, Right, B, A, START, SELECT

After you do that, you can press any button and it should shut off, uninstalling A9LH.
That's it? Alright, I have the installer, going to try now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, I have SafeA9LHInstaller.dat, /3ds/SafeA9LHInstaller, and arm9loaderhax.bin. Which one do I use and where do I put it?

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it? Alright, I have the installer, going to try now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, I have SafeA9LHInstaller.dat, /3ds/SafeA9LHInstaller, and arm9loaderhax.bin. Which one do I use and where do I put it?
All you need is arm9loaderhax.bin

For simplicity purposes, copy it to your SD root so it runs on boot without holding any buttons, but otherwise run it as a Luma payload in SD:/luma/payloads/.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
All you need is arm9loaderhax.bin

For simplicity purposes, copy it to your SD root so it runs on boot without holding any buttons, but otherwise run it as a Luma payload in SD:/luma/payloads/.
Thanks! It worked.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't tell anybody about the hack and they won't even notice it's there, just be sure to install the latest possible stable versions of GodMode9 and Luma3DS to the NAND before you sell it.
No, don't do that, it's a bad idea and dishonest to the buyer.
Sooner or later Nintendo will release an update that breaks CFW and then they will be left with a brick since they don't know to update Luma.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, don't do that, it's a bad idea and dishonest to the buyer.
Sooner or later Nintendo will release an update that breaks CFW and then they will be left with a brick since they don't know to update Luma.
That's why you also send a note explaining the mods with it and put no return address on the package.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0) Make sure you have a functional NAND backup before you start, in case anything goes wrong.
1) Download the .firm for your matching firmware+model on 3ds.guide's hardmod page: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod)
**If you download and flash the wrong one, you will hardbrick.
2) Rename the .firm to firm0.bin and copy it to your SD card
3) Boot up GodMode9 and copy/paste the firm0.bin from your SD to the SysNand Virtual (S:/ ) drive. Heed all of the warnings.
**The system will warn you several times and also tell you that your super small ~300kbish file is nowhere near the entire 4mb you're replacing. This is fine: Do it anyway (as long as you're 100% sure it's the right file)
4) Reboot and perform a system update to clean your firm1.

When I try paste the firm0 on S:/, GodMode9 say "failed". I am using Luma 8.1, the lastest Godmode9 and Boot9Strap 1.2. Why happen this?

Mike15678

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CrispyYoshi Isn't the "firm1.bin" an exact copy of "firm0.bin". Therefore, instead of doing a system update, couldn't I just copy the hardmod "firm0.bin" to the "S: SYSNAND VIRTUAL" and get the same hardmod "firm0.bin" file, but rename it to "firm1.bin"?

Mike15678

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't. I only have one after I completed 3ds.guide. It told me to install everything and then do a NAND backup. This was for soundhax. That's why I'm following CrispyYoshi's advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: