One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you click the 'report' button, please consider the following:

- Are you reporting the post because you don't like what the person said? Don't use the report button.
- Are you reporting the post because you don't like the person? Don't use the report button.
- Are you reporting the post because you don't agree with what a person said? Don't use the report button.
- Are you reporting the post because you think the person is trolling?

First, be sure that you know what a "troll" is: Someone that deliberately posts material with the intent to stir up the biggest amount of argument/disruption in people's responses. People that fall victim to this have been 'trolled'. Not liking/disagreeing with someone's legitimate opinion is NOT trolling.

If the post is not a legitimate troll, please don't use the report button.

It is a huge waste of the mods time to read reports that are not legitimate. Please use the report button with thought and care. Thank you.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
is it really so difficult to add more than "yes" or "no"?
"yes it is possible" is not much more difficult to type, and is more clear to the members who don't speak English as their first language.
Cases of legitimate one-word answers are ignored from time to time, but we would really rather see you type more than three letters for the +1 to your postcount.
Okay.
I agree with your stance on this and will try my best to cease doing this in the future.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
"yes it is possible" is not much more difficult to type, and is more clear to the members who don't speak English as their first language.
Cases of legitimate one-word answers are ignored from time to time, but we would really rather see you type more than three letters for the +1 to your postcount.
True but it just seems the same as saying yes by itself, but I will abide by the rules and will try not to submit 1 word posts!

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:

And yes monkat, people do use the report button. Not just a handful of them, either.
Oh.

smileipb2.png

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:

it seems like a lazy way for some people who post yes. also a different way is to say you just reported the person after that person posted the info he/she did not know about

also can you get banned/warned for abuse the report bar?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:

it seems like a lazy way for some people who post yes. also a different way is to say you just reported the person after that person posted the info he/she did not know about

I don't really see the point to this as Mods put a reason when they trash someones post so that person knows what they did wrong and tries not to do it again, unless that's what you mean.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
DJPlace said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:

I don't really see the point to this as Mods put a reason when they trash someones post so that person knows what they did wrong and tries not to do it again, unless that's what you mean.

ok i'm going say for example

poster A makes a topic about SuperCardTwo in the R4 section

poster B sent's a report to the mod's with the mod button then post in poster A's topic saying like your going get reported if you say that.

then the mod move's the topic to supercard and poster B's post gets trashed. cause the person was all ready reported and there's no need to report any more.

that's what i was trying to say. to clear things up.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon, Vulpes. My post wasn't even a 1 word post. I had white text underneath it.

Glad someone fell for it though.

D

Deleted-246289

Nice and useful topic.
BTW why haven't you became an English teacher
tongue.gif
""People that fall victim to this have been 'trolled'""
Thanks for the very useful topic.

iamvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
question: i view the ROM-hacking and translations board for DS frequently and sometimes see others rushing tranlators to release thir patches faster, translate more, etc.etc. A few projects that were in progress have been stopped altogether because of the incessant whining of said others. Would these others be eligible to be reported?

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
What is easiest for mods when we have a troll loose of the variety that signed up to troll, in multiple threads etc?
I have been on forums where they want you to click report, on every troll post they make, in other peoples threads. But I have equally been on others were you are told to only report this type of troll once and the mods will 'disappear' all of the trolls posts together automatically.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If there's a troll that signs up and begins flooding, even reporting a single thread is enough for us to spot him and spambot him, which deletes the posts and IP bans the user. If there are multiple threads, you may report more than one, though if the user is brought to our attention even from a single report we will often spot the other threads too.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
If there's a troll that signs up and begins flooding, even reporting a single thread is enough for us to spot him and spambot him, which deletes the posts and IP bans the user. If there are multiple threads, you may report more than one, though if the user is brought to our attention even from a single report we will often spot the other threads too.
Okey dokey. Just wanted to check because one board I was on went mental at you if you reported multiple instances of a flood type troll spamming the place.
Thanks

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It would also be nice for the reporting feature to have drop-down menus with common violations to select. This would make it a bit faster and easier to report violations.

Speaking of which, there should be a drop-down menu entry for "ryanrocks462 account" because lately he has been creating a new account every day to evade his bans.:glare:

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think this needs to be said, but whenever you report someone you think is trolling please report where they're trolling and not just their profile, it makes it so much easier for us moderators when we know where to look.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-