Not open for further replies.

AllenHirai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering if anyone experienced can make a ROM hack forever oasis and make it so it looks like the Breath of the Wild with the music and te grass and stuff. And if you are going to say it is impossible or anything like that then DON'T SAY IT because I'm asking if someone can do that.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That second part has me baffled. To me, it reads like "If it's not possible, then don't tell me it's not possible, because I'm asking if it's possible"
Yeah, got love what people demand right? One thing is asking for it, another is literally demanding like they're someone's boss or something.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I don't care what you want me not to say. I am gonna say it. It's probably impossible. Breath of the wild isn't even for the 3ds. It's for the wiiu and the switch. What you are asking is asking like: "Give me free games on the switch, and don't say it's impossible because i want free games on the switch".

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The romfs files are actually packed into a .gar format and afaik, these .gar files don't work with previous unpackers for this format. So someone would have to make an unpacker for the format first as I doubt anyone want's to export each files via hex editing.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, short answer: no. Long answer: no, everything in breath of the wild is too high poly and the textures too high resolution to allow for anything near acceptable performance. if you want new models and textures made from scratch, dont bet on it. replicating the athstetics would be far too time consuming, and would take quite a bit of dedication to do, and for something of which there is no demand. for the music, technically its probably possible, but again, dont count on it ever happening.

Last edited by samcambolt270,

unipablojorge

Totally not an FBI agent.
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The romfs files are actually packed into a .gar format and afaik, these .gar files don't work with previous unpackers for this format. So someone would have to make an unpacker for the format first as I doubt anyone want's to export each files via hex editing.
yeah, I was looking after that because I wanted to change some textures, I will have to wait for a new .gar extractor since I dont know how to do it via hex editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j