Homebrew [Request] Homebrew to quickly choose to sync your pro controller(s) to the vWii or Wii U

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as the title reads, I'm wondering if a certain kind of homebrew could be made. With the newer ability to quickly launch into Gamecube games and Wii Homebrew apps like WiiSXR playable with a Wii U pro controller from the Wii U home menu, we may be finding ourselves in situations where we may be alternating between these such games and other standard Wii U titles also playable with the Wii U pro controller. So, I'm curious, could a homebrew app be made that we launch (I guess ideally one we could make into a quick launch title from the main menu) and from there we choose if we want to sync our Pro controller to the vWii or the Wii U proper, and then we hit they sync button on the back of the Pro controller, and if it worked properly, it would then be connected to that part of the Wii U. I know that if this got working properly, this could be a real time saver. But is it even possible? I genuinely don't know, but it sure would be great if it was!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So as the title reads, I'm wondering if a certain kind of homebrew could be made. With the newer ability to quickly launch into Gamecube games and Wii Homebrew apps like WiiSXR playable with a Wii U pro controller from the Wii U home menu, we may be finding ourselves in situations where we may be alternating between these such games and other standard Wii U titles also playable with the Wii U pro controller. So, I'm curious, could a homebrew app be made that we launch (I guess ideally one we could make into a quick launch title from the main menu) and from there we choose if we want to sync our Pro controller to the vWii or the Wii U proper, and then we hit they sync button on the back of the Pro controller, and if it worked properly, it would then be connected to that part of the Wii U. I know that if this got working properly, this could be a real time saver. But is it even possible? I genuinely don't know, but it sure would be great if it was!
In what possible way is this going to be a real time saver like you claim???

By the time you load the homebrew and sync the controller then boot vWii you could have just synced it the conventional way.

duffmmann

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what possible way is this going to be a real time saver like you claim???

By the time you load the homebrew and sync the controller then boot vWii you could have just synced it the conventional way.

Seriously?! It's kinda annoying to have to enter the vWii mode (which alone is time consuming) then once you're there, stand up walk over to the Wii U, press the sync button, go back to shit down, and then go back to the Wii U mode just to launch Gamecube games and the like from the Wii U menu.

If we could do all that without having to go push that dang sync button on the Wii U to sync with the vWii, maybe i wouldn't mind so much, but even still, entering the vWii for something so trivial needlessly takes up some time that you can tell that if we could get it working as a Wii U homebrew app (again ideally one we can launch as its own title and not have to enter the homebrew launcher) then its clear that would save some real time by not needlessly switching to the vWii, and not requiring us to physically interact with the WiiU if we want to sync with the vWii.

Perhaps that doesn't interest you, but it absolutely interests me. So please, don't discourage anyone that may see this that might actually try making such a thing and actually agrees with what I'm talking about here.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work