Homebrew Question Restoring Switch Backup

RHOPKINS13

Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I screwed up and am kicking myself right now. Had 5.0.2, and was enjoying the Mario Tennis Aces online demo this morning. I was getting the update nag, but I was planning on using maintenance mode to delete the update, which I've done before.

Anyway, dummy me was hitting buttons too fast and accidentally hit update. I tried to turn the Switch off but the update only took like 3 seconds and to my dismay I ended up on 5.1.0.

I really badly want to get back to 5.0.2. Does anybody know if the 5.1.0 update burned any efuses? Because if not, I'll gladly restore my backup I made from Hekate (though I may try to use Checkpoint to backup my Pokemon Quest save first).

RHOPKINS13

Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade...

5.1.0 did not burn any fuses so if you mount the Switches emmc using hacdiskmount you can use a disk image writer to downgrade or copy/paste files.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That's exactly what I needed to know!

It doesn't really matter anyways. You can do the same stuff on 5.1.0 that you could do on 5.0.2
To my knowledge, this is not the case. The homebrew menu still needs to be updated, along with other homebrew. I'm just hoping Checkpoint will still work.

I'm also worried about if Nintendo added any CFW-detection methods to 5.1.0.

D

Deleted-442439

To my knowledge, this is not the case. The homebrew menu still needs to be updated, along with other homebrew. I'm just hoping Checkpoint will still work.

No problem, lower is always better so as long as you are able to downgrade there is no reason not too.

I don't think there is a writeup on the method anywhere, but is simple enough to understand without.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

https://mega.nz/#!f19UlSRK!YOdG-Be-Ny6YUPH-ZETIOhPsQEUBow10yVpmAqyexZc

try this, no idea if that will help tho

Has touch support too!

But I think the loader (kip or exefs) is actually at fault, not the hbmenu, but idk.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Reactions: m4xw

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Relax dude, atmosphere will be around in a couple days
huh ? you sure ? lmao, it may boot but according to the github progress it's not even functional, you are better off with hekate for now until they reimplement the suspend feature....(you'd have to wait 6 months more until you get something stable;))

Reactions: thaikhoa

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to SciresM the loader isn't at fault.

Its the version everyones using till now, thats affected

Just like when everyone was using the 4x and 5x hekate forks when they couldve just used the main one (by now)...

The loader that was shared everywhere was based of a early version of the atmosphere loader

Last edited by m4xw,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?