Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
It's available on the 3DS now.

The standalone Neo Geo core still sounds bad, but I tried the big FB Alpha cia and Neo Geo games sound fine on that. Huh.
how do CPS 1 and 2 games sound, have they improved compatibility? last time I tried it (sometime last year) It was pretty poor.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The standalone Neo Geo core still sounds bad, but I tried the big FB Alpha cia and Neo Geo games sound fine on that. Huh.
Sorry for quote you.

But I can't run NeoGeo on my Nintendo 2DS friend. I have a NEW 3DS and works fine, but Nintendo 2DS wont load.
I tried my gold 1.3.9 version and the last Nightly!!

It's says simething about can't allocate... etc.

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a minor heads up for those who downloaded the 1.7.1 stable release before the 19th, FreeIntv was updated with a unique ID so it doesn't overwrite the retroarch.cia.

The stable version was rebuild on the 19th, so redownload if you got it before that. (Just the freeintv.cia and .core file are needed)

Reactions: nightbreed813

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently right now, I am searching for Cheats in CPS2. Using Gateway ;) .

000400000BAC1200

*Dynamic Addresses possible. Running Test

Last edited by Smoker1,

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what if we delete Activity Log from the 3DS? :creep:
Apparently the data is still sent to nintendo if you are connected online running a CIA, but they don't check your activity log, only currently running games. So if you wear a tinfoil hat then run 3DSX versions of everything and never connect to the internet playing homebrew. Otherwise deleting the activity log is pointless since they don't check it anyway.

Last edited by trecko1234,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Gateway Users only:
I need you to test these Codes I worked on for FBA CPS2. There are some Issues I am confused on though. Especially sfa2.
Issues:
sfa : Had to search for the Codes 2 times. First time, worked perfectly. 2nd time, the Addresses were different. But now, they are staying at what I found the 2nd time.
sfa2 : Here is where it is MOST confusing. Codes work perfectly.......but I seem to have a problem because it does 3 Rounds, then gets stuck after the Points get Calculated. You can still go into the Diagnostic Menu and Exit it back into the Game, but you will get the same effect. Need to know what might be the Issue.

Edit: Problem found in sfa2. Time Code for some reason. So I am removing it.

Edit 2: NOTE - If I am correct, these Codes might not work, depending on the RetroArch Version. The Version I am on is
Revision: TBD
RetroArch FBA-CPS2
000400000BAC1200
Created by Smoker1
-------------------------

[sfa-Inf Time]
09099F68 00000063

[sfa-Inf Health P1]
090975A0 00900090

[sfa-Inf Super P1]
0909761C 00900000

[sfa2-Inf Health P1]
09DC76B8 : 00900090

[sfa2-Inf Super P1]
09DC7704 00900000

Last edited by Smoker1,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I find amazing is that the PC Engine port in the new 1.7.1 Retroarch has the same exact broken aspect ratio issue that exists in my old 1.3.0 Retroarch. Only in Retroarch could something this obvious persist unchanged for dozens of revisions. Yeah, so don't bother using any of the preset ratios -- they're all broken.

For those of you who want this fixed, I have custom video settings to share with you:

Set the screen resolution to 256x243 with the screen moved over to the right 72 pixels. Enable bilinear filtering so games that use alternate resolutions behave themselves. The bilinear filter won't blur games that use 256x243 natively.

I have no idea why the vertical res is 243. It's supposed to be 224, IIRC.

Now for a request: How do I use separate configs between emulators? Call me picky, but I don't want to play Zelda or Sonic with the custom resolution settings I set up for Bonk. It would also be nice to have each emulator pointing to it's own roms folder.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use separate configs between emulators? Call me picky, but I don't want to play Zelda or Sonic with the custom resolution settings I set up for Bonk. It would also be nice to have each emulator pointing to it's own roms folder.
Save core settings for resolution. No way to set rom folders for each emu though.

Reactions: LumInvader

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save core settings for resolution. No way to set rom folders for each emu though.
That works! Thanks, Palom. Remembering rom folders for each emulator should be an easy fix, but I don't expect it to get fixed as the 3DS maintainer doesn't seem to GAF. The best workaround is to point Retroarch to a single roms folder with all the system romsets in their own subfolders.

For those of you wanting to fix mednafen_pce_fast's broken aspect ratio, first open up a rom
Then open up Settings -> Video
Choose Custom Aspect Ratio 256x243 with Bilinear Filtering ON, Integer Scale OFF
With rom still loaded, go to Main Menu -> Quick Menu -> Save Core Overrides
While still in the Quick Menu, Close Content
Finally, you need to save the Configuration. Do that in Main Menu -> Configurations -> Save Current Configuration

mednafen_pce_fast should now have it's own custom video settings separate from the other emulators. When setup properly, it performs much better than TemperPCE on the n3DS, imo.

Reactions: SaffronXL

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i can't make NEOGEO to work with a NIntendo 2DS friend.

Someone can help me? I already search a lot!
Do research about MAME romsets and split/merged romsets. You probably have a bad rom, FBA expects a certain romset. The retropie wiki and docs for FBA in retroarch should have more info.

It helps to try and launch the rom in the real retroarch app on PC that way you can read logfiles or the console window to see the exact errors.

Clrmamepro is a tool you can use to verify your romsets and rebuild them correctly.

Reactions: Redirr

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do research about MAME romsets and split/merged romsets. You probably have a bad rom, FBA expects a certain romset. The retropie wiki and docs for FBA in retroarch should have more info.

It helps to try and launch the rom in the real retroarch app on PC that way you can read logfiles or the console window to see the exact errors.

Clrmamepro is a tool you can use to verify your romsets and rebuild them correctly.
Its works fine my new 3DS. But wont work with my friend 2DS. Same roms.

I tried 1.3.9 version and 1.7

Just wont load rom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel