Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
<Stuff here>

Already got this a microsecond before you sent this.
Just as a test, I only ran Bionic Commando through FBA and (Shockingly /s) it works fine.

Though, I kinda wished for general FBA shenanigans, it referred to the button mapping by Button #x rather than Weak Punch, Weak Kick, etc...

So MAME is a lot slower than FBA. Is there something that only mame can perform?

That's just how MAME always acted when in comparison to FBA. The latter is far more optimized while the former is made for accuracy (Especially as we are not using a 0.37 era build which was the last "portable" build made).

Now, only issue I have with these builds is because of the specialized hijacking method that Daxtsu mentioned earlier, it seems like the FBA/MAME cores are locked to a black screen when quitting normally, forcing a system restart (Emergency Reset doesn't work in this case, yellow screen crash).

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: daxtsu

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Now, only issue I have with these builds is because of the specialized hijacking method that Daxtsu mentioned earlier, it seems like the FBA/MAME cores are locked to a black screen when quitting normally, forcing a system restart (Emergency Reset doesn't work in this case, yellow screen crash).

They often freeze on the CIA builds when exiting, too. I think it's a general problem with both for now.

Am I right in assuming that this doesn't apply to the .cia builds?

They don't need it, no.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They often freeze on the CIA builds when exiting, too. I think it's a general problem with both for now.

I THINK just going direct to Emergency Exit and not using the Exit in Retroarch works, I just tried it from an FBA crash (Tried loading Street Fighter, but I don't think it works), and it returned to Gridlauncher just fine.
Edit: I'm convinced that's the working way to exit as of now. Again tried from crash when loading Kicker (I guess it also doesn't work...?) and again, returned to launcher just fine.

Last edited by SeongGino,

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. I'm playing Parodius on my 3DS full speed with crystal clear sound. Everything else this MAME core offers is icing on the cake, and from a quick compatability sweep, I just may develop diabetes before the night is through. Again, thanks to all contributors for sharing your work!

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New running 9.2 Gateway CIA Installer

Dont get your hopes up for Fighter's History though. Cant see the Fighters, and even MAME says it does not work

Ardend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how. All I know is that blargsnes looked way better without this issue but now we can't use it because of hax 2.5

No I just checked and vsync was on. It's not normal tearing, it's extremely obvious sprite lag that happens on both vertical scrolling shooters in CPS2 and sidescrollers on CATSFCS (snes).
This is the exact thing I have been talking about for quite a while now. It started somewhere between the 10/2 and 10/15 builds and hasn't improved. I think @aliaspider is looking into it, but not sure if he has had any progress...

And for me, in CatSFC+, integerscale and 1:1 only minimize it a lot, but its still there...

Last edited by Ardend,
Reactions: RegularMoron

loco365

Trophies
XP
GPSP (latest nightly build) doesn't work now for Crash Bandicoot. Although the sound is very smooth and there is no lag, the game crashes randomly and the audio goes all buggy too.

(Don't know if this matters but, the game crashes with the audio set to disabled as well.)
Which Crash Bandicoot are you testing?

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the MAME core super-picky about which games it accepts? Because I can't find MAME .78 ROMs; just more modern ones. I'm really eager to get my Mega Zone fix and regrettably, the PSP version of MAME just doesn't handle the game well. (Hm, I wonder if all those games are from .78? Gonna hafta dig through my PSP and find out.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: