Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about the retroarch library lists, I have scanned my sd card and have multiple lists (which took forever) when browsing I experience crashing every time. Is there anyway I can delete these lists ?

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about the retroarch library lists, I have scanned my sd card and have multiple lists (which took forever) when browsing I experience crashing every time. Is there anyway I can delete these lists ?

Yes, inside /retroarch remove it rename the playlists folder.

If you copy your ROM collection to your PC you can scan for collections there, such will be quicker, for when this actually works well enough to use.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, inside /retroarch remove it rename the playlists folder.

If you copy your ROM collection to your PC you can scan for collections there, such will be quicker, for when this actually works well enough to use.

thanks however just checked I cant find a playlists folder in /retroarch

EDIT: Found it /Retroarch/cores

Thanks alot bro

Last edited by Hi-Dro,
Reactions: matt!

majoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
can someone please tell what do i specifically need to replace ? replacing the whole thing takes ages via the wifi share thingy that the n3ds has
( other than the cia of course)

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please tell what do i specifically need to replace ? replacing the whole thing takes ages via the wifi share thingy that the n3ds has
( other than the cia of course)

I think the best way is to just remove the sd card and connect it your PC, transfer over the retroarch folders and, merge folders and copy and replace all when asked. that way you should save all your saves etc.

You have to also delete all the installed CIAs related to retro arch as well. and then reinstall via FBI, It may overwrite the old CIA but I removed it as im not 100% sure.

Edit: Everything seems to be updated and working fine, I actually find megadrive/genesis 32x speeds faster so far on this new build (pictodrive)

Last edited by Hi-Dro,
Reactions: majoru

webhead101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening everyone,
I have tried to load MvC on FBA 2012 CPS-2 but when I select "Load Content" then choose the zip file, 2 options appear: "Browse Archive" and "Load Archive", neither of which can detect the rom. I haven't done anything with the emulator aside from trying to load mvsc.zip. Was I supposed to do something first? What do can I do to be able to play MvC on my n3ds?
I saw someone else mention problems with being able to play it, but the topic died out.
Thanks in advance.

edit: I am now getting the infamous
"RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames."
Still curious on how the person from the youtube video did it. Help would be appreciated.

Last edited by webhead101,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening everyone,
I have tried to load MvC on FBA 2012 CPS-2 but when I select "Load Content" then choose the zip file, 2 options appear: "Browse Archive" and "Load Archive", neither of which can detect the rom. I haven't done anything with the emulator aside from trying to load mvsc.zip. Was I supposed to do something first? What do can I do to be able to play MvC on my n3ds?
I saw someone else mention problems with being able to play it, but the topic died out.
Thanks in advance.

"RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames."
Still curious on how the person from the youtube video did it. Help would be appreciated.
is the retroarch folder on the root of your sd card with everything in it?
does that emulator need a BIOS? do you have one?

webhead101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the retroarch folder on the root of your sd card with everything in it?
does that emulator need a BIOS? do you have one?

My retroarch folder is in the correct place. As for the BIOS, I don't have one. What is it supposed to be called, and where on my microsd card do I put it if I am using FBA 2012 CPS-2 (is the same like all other bios where it goes in the system folder)?
Thanks!

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good evening everyone,
Thanks in advance.

FBA does not need a bios file. It is however quite picky on which roms it loads or can't load. I've tried a few roms from which only a handfull loads. Also a correct rom is needed since fba checks CRC. You did every step correct, just need to find the 'working' roms for this core.

BTW, the message "RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames" in NOT an error. Just some info about performance it can't compute since you closed the core before it ran 4096 frames. Ignore this message!

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as i understand, core switching is introduced in 1.4.0. Playlists use this ability, so playlists will not work on 1.3.X.

Last edited by MrHuu,

webhead101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBA does not need a bios file. It is however quite picky on which roms it loads or can't load. I've tried a few roms from which only a handfull loads. Also a correct rom is needed since fba checks CRC. You did every step correct, just need to find the 'working' roms for this core.

BTW, the message "RetroArch [INFO] :: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames" in NOT an error. Just some info about performance it can't compute since you closed the core before it ran 4096 frames. Ignore this message!

Any suggestions on how I could get working roms for this core?
(thanks btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."