Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They fixed the audio in the Neo Geo core for the 2-28 nightly (yes, I actually installed the CIA this time), and with the .fs files not appearing at the SD root anymore, I'm close to replacing 1.4.1. Metal Slug 3 still needs a playlist in order to run it, but if the new programming means that directly picking the .zip is no longer possible, I might have to live with it.

Reactions: SaffronXL

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
So I have Prehistorik 2 from GOG... its runing throug dosbox.. It is possible to somehow run on 3DS ?
Its running through bat file with commands

ECHO OFF
CD PREH2
..\CDRUN PRE2.SQZ
EXIT

CCF_100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't for the life of me get the aio cia working. (I am on the 8/03/15 nightly) I put the retroarch folder in the root directory (just the one in the 7z) and black screen. If I pressed B, it would reboot my system. Then I tried putting the 7z's root in the directory (folder structure: sd://retroarch/retroarch and sd://retroarch/cias) it would give me another black screen, however pressing B did not reboot it. When I put the SD card back in my pc, I noticed it made a "retroarch.cfg" file. I tried changing the only entry to libretro_path = "retroarch/retroarch" and now I get an instant system crash when I try to launch the CIA. Then I tried changing it to libretro_path = "sd://retroarch/retroarch", and no change. I did some research, and found that that flag is used to have it automatically launch a core, but I don't know which core to launch. So yeah, I'm stumped, and feel silly.

Last edited by CCF_100,

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the latest PCSX can finally play Final Fantasy VII (without sound, and all the tweaks) at near full speed?

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone able to start any rom with Gambatte or Nestopia via 3DSX from Rosalina?
All Version from 1.6.7 to Nighlies are crashing with "Press Start" for me.

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In regards to Retroarchs Libretro PicoDrive (and bubble2k’s Picodrive);

For anyone who has tried (both) versions, what are your experiences (with each)?

Does anyone prefer libretro? Any performance differences worth mentioning?

Xyraxs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant seem for the life of me run Final Burn CPS2 nor Neo Geo, every time i run my roms (mvc and Kof98) they always crash with a prefetch abort, im currently using a N2dsXL with the latest firmware

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In regards to Retroarchs Libretro PicoDrive (and bubble2k’s Picodrive);

For anyone who has tried (both) versions, what are your experiences (with each)?

Does anyone prefer libretro? Any performance differences worth mentioning?
The latter will perform better because moves the sound processing to a separate core, but the difference may not be noticeable on a New 3DS.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On New3DS Bubble's move makes the difference for 3D/scaling effects on CD/32X. Batman driving runs at fullspeed on Bubble but chugs on retroarch, while Afterburner II is passable on Bubble and a slideshow on retro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played