Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success. I put it as game, and I was able to access the local folder via durango ftp (probably via windows explorer as well). anyway, I have both config files, and all 18 playlists (9 for each mode). both modes work. I didn't have to remake my playlists in retail either, just change the playlists folder to retail, so all is working. :D

Reactions: GABO1423

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
we have success. I put it as game, and I was able to access the local folder via durango ftp (probably via windows explorer as well). anyway, I have both config files, and all 18 playlists (9 for each mode). both modes work. I didn't have to remake my playlists in retail either, just change the playlists folder to retail, so all is working. :D
Awesome, enjoy.

Reactions: godreborn

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such an awesome development No need for "Developer" mode on XBox series consoles to use Retroarch.... Now, it's time to unleash its full power in all of its glory :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such an awesome development No need for "Developer" mode on XBox series consoles to use Retroarch.... Now, it's time to unleash its full power in all of its glory :)
tbh, I haven't noticed any increase in capabilities in retail mode, it's just you don't have to go into dev mode now.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Retroarch on my laptop [as well as PPSSPP]. And I'm still trying to make it emulate the game Killzone Liberation to run smoothly. PPSSPP doesn't run it well either [awfully glitchy on both emulators]. But the rest of my games seem to run quite well on iether. WTF? And yes I've tried tweeking it. No go, er should I say, got it to run a tiny bit better [meaning, the opening screens where it says press X to start, and then the weapons you want to use screens] on either one glitchy and the Sounds are just crackling away. But then when playing, it sort of settles down on the PPSSPP, but on Retroarch ALL glitchy. Any Help Guys?

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Retroarch on my laptop [as well as PPSSPP]. And I'm still trying to make it emulate the game Killzone Liberation to run smoothly. PPSSPP doesn't run it well either [awfully glitchy on both emulators]. But the rest of my games seem to run quite well on iether. WTF? And yes I've tried tweeking it. No go, er should I say, got it to run a tiny bit better [meaning, the opening screens where it says press X to start, and then the weapons you want to use screens] on either one glitchy and the Sounds are just crackling away. But then when playing, it sort of settles down on the PPSSPP, but on Retroarch ALL glitchy. Any Help Guys?
Use the standalone version of PPSSPP... RetroArch's core has been known to not function properly compared to the standalone app.
S/N: your question being asked is in the wrong section.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help. I have no psp games on my series x or any of the classic consoles. some games are just glitchy I guess. wind waker's music skips every now and then, but there seem to be no problems with sunshine. this happens in both retail and dev mode.

Reactions: AncientBoi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the standalone version of PPSSPP... RetroArch's core has been known to not function properly compared to the standalone app.
S/N: your question being asked is in the wrong section.
I thought so, because I remembered there being a standalone version in the op's link. yep, there is, and that's probably why.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't downloaded the psp emulator or duck station for the series x, don't know much about them as I don't emulate games too often. I did buy symphony of the night, think it's called castlevania legacy collection, which apparently is the psp version of the game instead of the psx one. it's for the ps4, and I got it for less than $5. such a great game for damn near nothing. I heard it has wonky psp controls though, haven't played it yet, been too busy with tales of arise. I have like 28 hours in it, hunting down my fourth lord out of five. :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a 360 one called I believe xenia. some things don't work on it. I tested about four games for someone on here, who made them with I think unity, all worked on my jtag without a problem. however, he said they don't work in xenia for some reason.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Err, question lads, is this Series specific? I grabbed it for my Xbox One X (I have a Series S too but it's at a family members at the moment), installed it no problems just like the old whitelisted releases.. but the lag is brutal! Fiddling with latency doesn't help as even snes9x grinds to a halt with the amount of frames I have to add... I am using an OG Xbox One controller which I think might be the issue, or is this version simply tailored for the Series, er, series and not the last gen consoles?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, question lads, is this Series specific? I grabbed it for my Xbox One X (I have a Series S too but it's at a family members at the moment), installed it no problems just like the old whitelisted releases.. but the lag is brutal! Fiddling with latency doesn't help as even snes9x grinds to a halt with the amount of frames I have to add... I am using an OG Xbox One controller which I think might be the issue, or is this version simply tailored for the Series, er, series and not the last gen consoles?
that, I'm not sure, but I could've sworn that it worked on either. thought I saw that somewhere.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that, I'm not sure, but I could've sworn that it worked on either. thought I saw that somewhere.
Yeah it 'works' as usual, I think it just might be the original model Xbox One controller and its poorer wireless functions: once the missus finally decides to get off the feckin TV I'll have another tinker - if the lag improves when wired (or I'll borrow my sons Series controller) then yeah I'll blame that! Cheers anyway!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it 'works' as usual, I think it just might be the original model Xbox One controller and its poorer wireless functions: once the missus finally decides to get off the feckin TV I'll have another tinker - if the lag improves when wired (or I'll borrow my sons Series controller) then yeah I'll blame that! Cheers anyway!
something that's both good and sad at the same time is that there doesn't appear to be much in the form of changes with the series version the one, not even with the controller. have to feel the back of it, just to know that one is for the series x. that's pretty damn cheap tbh.

Reactions: mightymuffy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the guide button might be slightly different as well, but almost everything just feels like an upgraded xbone. I like some, but not all, of the changes with the ps5. the controller is one of the best I've ever seen.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the guide button might be slightly different as well, but almost everything just feels like an upgraded xbone. I like some, but not all, of the changes with the ps5. the controller is one of the best I've ever seen.
I've had 2 Xbox One controllers, one being the original version, and a second being a newer 'One S' model that also has standard bluetooth functions (and a headphone jack!) Gave the 2nd one away to a family member when his controller broke. Also have 2 white Series controllers (my youngest actually owning one for his PC, the other being out to another family member - don't fukkin ask! :lol:) - there is absolutely a difference between the One and Series controllers: not just the guide button, the dpad is much improved and the textured grip on the front of the series controllers is a good qol improvement.. I'm just stuck with the shitty old controller at the moment! My thought on the massive lag I'm getting with the older controller is due to the wireless feature - maybe the program favours bluetooth, then reverts to the older 'MS method' as a backup.. Will find out later hopefully!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one