Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Local state is the only location we can ftp to? I updated my Durango ftp as well, so it will have to be something that's permanent.
LocalState is not the same as LOCALFOLDER. LOCALFOLDER is a part of the Q Drive we do have full access to. LocalState are folders inside of the folders that you can find in LOCALFOLDER. And LOCALFOLDER is permanent

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LocalState is not the same as LOCALFOLDER. LOCALFOLDER is a part of the Q Drive we do have full access to. LocalState are folders inside of the folders that you can find in LOCALFOLDER. And LOCALFOLDER is permanent
Will Retroarch have access to another apps local state folder? Is there any other I could use other than Durango's?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Will Retroarch have access to another apps local state folder? Is there any other I could use other than Durango's?
No. And besides the apps that are on Gamr13's store, you shouldn't use the other folders unless you want to screw up system apps or other actual Retail apps. You should only use the folders if you want to temporarily keep the files there.

Either way, here's a tip. Don't bother moving folders, before you uninstall RetroArch, rename it's LOCALFOLDER folder (it's as simple as adding (Backup) to the name). Let the server rename it which might take a bit, and once that's done, uninstall it. Then install the new app, open it once so a folder is generated in LOCALFOLDER, and then copy the name of the generated folder, delete it, and rename your backed up folder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. And besides the apps that are on Gamr13's store, you shouldn't use the other folders unless you want to screw up system apps or other actual Retail apps. You should only use the folders if you want to temporarily keep the files there.

Either way, here's a tip. Don't bother moving folders, before you uninstall RetroArch, rename it's LOCALFOLDER folder (it's as simple as adding (Backup) to the name). Let the server rename it which might take a bit, and once that's done, uninstall it. Then install the new app, open it once so a folder is generated in LOCALFOLDER, and then copy the name of the generated folder, delete it, and rename your backed up folder.
none of the retroarch system app files are inside LOCALFOLDER?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
anything that would've been updated, once an update is released?
Let me just explain how the files are structured, this applies to both Retail and Dev Mode.

LOCALFOLDER/Q Drive includes stuff that you manually set up. Meaning the files that complement RetroArch. Stuff like the retroarch.cfg file, core settings and remaps, saves, save states, thumbnails and Playlists, shaders, etc. These are never touched by an update since these files are completely up to you to organize.

The S Drive includes the executable itself, assets like the icons you see at the menus and the splash screen, the cores themselves, and any dll dependencies said cores might use.

Only the stuff in the S Drive gets updated in Retail, mainly because you can't manually access cores and don't have the Online Updater available for them. But also if the frontend itself receives an update, then the executable might also be updated. Even the icons might be changed from time to time.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GABO1423 , do you know why the menu and text is larger on dev mode than retail by default? both showed 1.00x for menu size, so I changed dev mode's to 0.68x, so now both are about the same size if not exactly the same.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GABO1423 , do you know why the menu and text is larger on dev mode than retail by default? both showed 1.00x for menu size, so I changed dev mode's to 0.68x, so now both are about the same size if not exactly the same.
Can't recall seeing something like that. Are the video resolution settings identical on both modes?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, it's set to 1280x720 in dev mode, 1920x1080 in retail. if you change the resolution in dev mode, everything gets screwed up, and there's no way to tell what you're clicking. I figured out the problem though. the settings in dev mode were set to 720p, so I changed it, reverted the scaling back to 1.00x, and now everything is correct. thanks.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
alright, it's set to 1280x720 in dev mode, 1920x1080 in retail. if you change the resolution in dev mode, everything gets screwed up, and there's no way to tell what you're clicking. I figured out the problem though. the settings in dev mode were set to 720p, so I changed it, reverted the scaling back to 1.00x, and now everything is correct. thanks.
RetroArch can change the resolution automatically based on what the Xbox's resolution is set to, but it is not perfect as you could tell. At least we saw what the issue was.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question: I added my external drive as a media drive in dev mode, but if dev mode's drive D, is part of the internal for development stuff, and D is also the external's drive as a media one on retail, how exactly does that work? what drive letter will external be in this instance (in dev mode)?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
question: I added my external drive as a media drive in dev mode, but if dev mode's drive D, is part of the internal for development stuff, and D is also the external's drive as a media one on retail, how exactly does that work? what drive letter will external be in this instance (in dev mode)?
The Drive letter is simply different depending on the mode. The default on Dev Mode is the E Drive, and on Retail the default is the D Drive. You think of it as a result of the sandboxed nature of developer mode and also how the modes can have distinct settings and the like because of it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I got my cables, and I plugged in both the xbox formatted drive as well as the media drive. no issues in retail mode. however, in dev mode, the E drive shows nothing is on it. I checked if the drive was being detected, it is according to settings. both are detected in both modes, so I have no idea how to access games on the E drive. I checked with a manual scan for the E drive, that's what I used to test if the drive was detectable. however, it's completely blank. I'm thinking that retroarch doesn't have access to any drive except D?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: This the bt adapter i use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161B5ATM/