Homebrew Question Retroarch Save State not loading with Gambatte; Need help please.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.. so, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this issue I just started having with save states.
v1.7.5 retroarch on a nintendo switch on 6.1.0 FW, FAT32

I've been using save states for without any issues for over a month. I always save to slot 0. I was able to load a state, then overwrite it multiple times each play session.

Today I went to load a save state with latest GAMBATTE core, and retroarch says "loading state, 100% loaded", like usual, except no state is being loaded at all --- and the rom continues to play without interruption.

I checked a few other roms that have save states and the same thing happens... the save state does not actually load, despite it saying it loaded 100%.

So I made sure the save states still existed, and it does. I tried reinstalling the core. I have tried rebooting the switch. Neither worked.

NOTE: The last thing I did before this started happening was I updated everything listed in the Online Updater menu. Also, if i create a save state now for a rom, it DOES load. Any prior save states that existed before I ran the online updater do not load.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to load the save state (.state) file successfully on a mac. So the state is not corrupt.
It's something else with retroarch on the switch.... any ideas?

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of an alternate source (discord ftw), I was able to get help and find a solution.

I loaded the save state in an emu on a computer, and then saved in-game. Then I renamed .sav to .srm and put it in the retroarch savefiles folder. I proceeded to load the in-game save in retroarch and recreated a save state. Viola! Save states are now working again in retroarch.

Last edited by morrison22,

BLCKBLuR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
random question kind of off topic a bit...

How exactly do you LOAD a state on RetroArch on the Nintendo Switch?

I am trying to beat battletoads but I wanna practice and I have made a save state but I cannot figure out how to Load a state for the life of me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: