Homebrew RetroArch Switch

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm on RA 1.7.7. Will using the Online Updater within RA to update my installed cores, core info, and assets get me to the latest version? Or do I need to replace the nro or other files as well?
You need to do both, update everything inside RA AND get the latest .nro from buildbot... Or you can get everything from buildbot and replace manually as well.

Reactions: stick267

Shaneus

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone know if/when we might see the ECWolf core ported over to Switch? I've tried myself but I'm useless at attempting this sort of stuff.

Edit: Never mind, it's there :D

Last edited by Shaneus,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

DennyThray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pinned post shows beetle as a Sony Emulator, but it's not on the core list for the latest 1.8.4 Retroarch, and it's not in the collection of cores in the nightly builds.

Is that a typo? And if so, is there a good standalone PSX emulator for switch that can play Chrono Cross?

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pinned post shows beetle as a Sony Emulator, but it's not on the core list for the latest 1.8.4 Retroarch, and it's not in the collection of cores in the nightly builds.

Is that a typo? And if so, is there a good standalone PSX emulator for switch that can play Chrono Cross?

Beetle is experimental so far so it's not on the official list. PCSX Rearmed plays Chrono Cross fine just don't expect better graphics than the original.

DennyThray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, it doesn't play it just fine. The title screen is choppy, and it's extremely choppy before every battle. No other PSX game I've tried so far has that choppiness. :)

Z-bake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are there any news on the vitaquake2 core?
When I load the core, or open PAK0.PAK via a playlist entry, RA just crashes.
Is it even optimized for the Switch yet or is it still an automated untested builedbot build?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

DennyThray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much risk is there to your switch by overclocking, and how do you overclock with Retroarch?

I am doing title redirect to give me extra ram without NSP though.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much risk is there to your switch by overclocking, and how do you overclock with Retroarch?

I am doing title redirect to give me extra ram without NSP though.

Devs of Retroarch say its 100% safe, and I have done it for about 15 months I leave Retroarch on max overclock and just play games that way whenever and have had zero problems, although to be fair my Switch is usually docked. The only thing it does it lower the battery life in handheld mode while using it, if fact the Switch is underclocked for the purpose of longer battery life.. It's in the main menu of Retroarch. 1750 ghz is not really that much and that's max.

This is more referring to the standalone overclock that is available, but the same general rules apply to overclocking in Retroarch I believe. It's the same dev that does Retroarch that made the standalone overclock application. It's totally up to you and if you want to air on the side of caution it's your Switch. But I find it completely safe from personal experience.

upload_2019-2-8_22-54-47-png.157335

Last edited by JayMathis,
Reactions: lordelan

orbstar8

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Query, do you know from which version of retroarch it worked well? I went to 1.8.4 and I noticed that there is stuttering in SNES, even in NES !!!, I remember this did not happen :huh:

kakkoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone had any luck getting Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon to emulate on the N64? It has the same issues that have plagued it in the past where it has extreme stuttering/lag when outdoors due to the sky. Overclocking has not helped at all.

hlb96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I access and use the service menu on Naomi games. I can get into the test menu but I cannot move around and select anything. Wanting to unlock all the characters in MvC2.
I have the DC version but trying to save space if I can get the Naomi versions characters unlocked.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How can I access and use the service menu on Naomi games. I can get into the test menu but I cannot move around and select anything. Wanting to unlock all the characters in MvC2.
I have the DC version but trying to save space if I can get the Naomi versions characters unlocked.
There's great romhack called capcom fighting collection, it includes cvs2, mvsc2, sst2, 3rd strike and a couple of others and it's only 800mb. I've tested it and it works fine, even the saves from standalone roms work (i had saves that unlocked all chars in cvs2 and mvsc2). You might take a look at it, cause i don't use naomi version atm and can't help you...I tried it once expecting different performance but it was the same so i ended up using dc version.

You could also convert dc mvsc2 into .chd (if you haven't already), it'll be around 150mb which is not much bigger in size compared to naomi rom.

Last edited by bad361,

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's great romhack called capcom fighting collection, it includes cvs2, mvsc2, sst2, 3rd strike and a couple of others and it's only 800mb. I've tested it and it works fine, even the saves from standalone roms work (i had saves that unlocked all chars in cvs2 and mvsc2). You might take a look at it, cause i don't use naomi version atm and can't help you...I tried it once expecting different performance but it was the same so i ended up using dc version.

You could also convert dc mvsc2 into .chd (if you haven't already), it'll be around 150mb which is not much bigger in size compared to naomi rom.
mvc2 is unplayable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: