Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Juulpodtwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I tried turning framebuffer off and whenever I play any of my games the bottom half of the screen is just messed up in majoras mask it just renders the skybox.
Any ideas on what’s happening or a fix for it would be awesome thank you guys :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in response to my last post here’s a picture of this happening in majoras mask

Attachments

• 199BCFA7-E89C-4EB6-9E41-8770D0B62C91.jpeg
    199BCFA7-E89C-4EB6-9E41-8770D0B62C91.jpeg
    875.9 KB · Views: 191
D

Deleted User

So noticed something kinda game breaking for ocarina of time. Now this is really really weird but anyway. Game played flawless around 1.7.5 with an old mupen plus next core. Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL 1.0 e56c935 is latest version I can confirm worked. I no longer have this core and would love if someone can upload it for me. One of the reasons I like to record myself playing this stuff. Anywho I left the game and came back and have noticed problems with newer versions of retroarch for sometime. Specifically 64 emulation. While for the most part excellent ocarina has had various issues for me. Frustrated me cause I really wanted to get a replay it with hd textures. I figured i would just play other stuff and check it from time to time. With hd texture pack installed I couldnt launch the item screen or make a savestate. So while game was playable I could not save progress. I figured with the latest build with 64dd support I would try again. I discovered I could not save my state but that with the hd pack and framebuffer on I could only open the item menu in certain areas. Seemed like it was smaller rooms mainly. Opening the item screen in a large area or the field of hyrule instantly froze my game. Figured I would just work around this and start my playthru. Now I am several hours in and I have noticed something that apparently happens even with hd textures off. Basically stopping my progress. Once you acquire the hammer in the firetemple I can no longer open the item screen. I reason this has to do with the number of items. I made sure to update all my assets and even tried updating cores. I am on a fairly recent nightly about a week old. This happens with both framebuffer set to off and on and with hd pack on or off. Hope this can be fixed.

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have a rom sgemf.zip (Pocket Fighter),
I can play in win10 RetroArch (FB Alpha core),
But I cannot play in Switch RetroArch (FB Alpha core),
Is it normal ? Same core but different platform are not same result? :O

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using 1.8.4 and when I try to open an n64 game in mupen it crashes sx OS, however I had been playing ocarina of Time fine on my 1.7.6 nap version, but now upgrading retroarch and playing the nro version even with the redirect just crashes my switch.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: nvm, wiped my core-specific p-uae options and no more crashes for now.

Edit2: does the cycle-exact option work with A1200 now?

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated Retroarch today and GoldenEye is sluttering. My last RA version was in 2019 (cannot remember which one) and the game worked fine. Do you have the same problem ? All other N64 games I have tried work with the new RA but I cannot get GoldenEye to work smoothly. Any config advice ?

Is Tomb Raider 1 still unplayable on PSX rearmed ? My backup crashes RA.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated Retroarch today and GoldenEye is sluttering. My last RA version was in 2019 (cannot remember which one) and the game worked fine. Do you have the same problem ? All other N64 games I have tried work with the new RA but I cannot get GoldenEye to work smoothly. Any config advice ?

It just doesn't work 100% never has. It works in Lakka though.

Edit: just read that you said it worked fine in 2019, Ive never been able to get it working fully so maybe you did something i didn't. I thought it always stuttered.

Last edited by JayMathis,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Dunno about PSX ReArmed but have you checked OpenLara?

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It just doesn't work 100% never has. It works in Lakka though.

Edit: just read that you said it worked fine in 2019, Ive never been able to get it working fully so maybe you did something i didn't. I thought it always stuttered.

I thinks this was one specific core that has been posted by the dev.

Dunno about PSX ReArmed but have you checked OpenLara?

Yes I have. TBH I would like to see it running via RA. Thanks for the tip.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Both Tomb Raider and GlodenEye run just fine for me. Tomb Raider is perfect, i'm using .chd (converted from .cue and .bin's) and GoldenEye has stuttering, but it's playable.

Last edited by bad361,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Both Tomb Raider and GlodenEye run just fine for me. Tomb Raider is perfect, i'm using .chd (converted from .cue and .bin's) and GoldenEye has some stuttering sometimes, but it is very smooth and playable.

Thanks I will try to convert my backup. For Goldeneye, this is what I remember, few sluttering but smooth enough. I did the 5 first missions before. Now I do not want to even do the 1st one.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you guys playing n64 games I updated my retroarch and any n64 rom crashes my switch. I had previously been using 1.7.6 nsp fine but this new 1.8.4 doesn't work for me.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How are you guys playing n64 games I updated my retroarch and any n64 rom crashes my switch. I had previously been using 1.7.6 nsp fine but this new 1.8.4 doesn't work for me.
Remove n64 playlist and core-config and just scan again.. I had similar problem after certain update. Don't quite remember if it was the config or something playlist data related. But after cleaning everything n64 related the problem gone.

1stmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rom sgemf.zip (Pocket Fighter),
I can play in win10 RetroArch (FB Alpha core),
But I cannot play in Switch RetroArch (FB Alpha core),
Is it normal ? Same core but different platform are not same result? :O
I recommend switching over to using the FB Neo core since FB Alpha is outdated. Biggest advantage of using FB Neo is that you can use roms from the latest MAME romsets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily