Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With luck we might see GPU Drivers for the switch sooner than the HBL from Plutoo.

we may still not have Jit but trust me with GPU we will reach a big boost
But unfortunately Plutoo is delayed Homebrew launcher two weeks
Anyway about JIT. While ago he said libnx is now support JIT. If he released his kernelhax we can get JIT easily.

Reactions: lordelan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wait what?? Dayum, that...is impressive :blink:
With the GPU drivers, JIT already implemented in libnx and kernelhax working, I'd say the future for RetroArch on the Switch is looking damn fine :P
We might get an extensive amount of cores at good speeds once this hits a stable point.
After that, if GL or Vulkan are implemented, we can expect the Switch to become the ultimate gaming machine. :lol:

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the GPU drivers, JIT already implemented in libnx and kernelhax working, I'd say the future for RetroArch on the Switch is looking damn fine :P
We might get an extensive amount of cores at good speeds once this hits a stable point.
After that, if GL or Vulkan are implemented, we can expect the Switch to become the ultimate gaming machine. :lol:
That's music to my ears ;)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PSP, Dreamcast, PSX, hell yeah :P

D

Deleted User

i think we are on a good way , i asked scriesm about the plutoo issue he seems to know more than we do but yeah he dont want to talk about it which i respect , but i think it has todo with the GPU Support of Daeken...

Reactions: Kioku

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i think we are on a good way , i asked scriesm about the plutoo issue he seems to know more than we do but yeah he dont want to talk about it which i respect , but i think it has todo with the GPU Support of Daeken...
I see.
Perhaps they are thinking of doing a slight rewrite of what they had to implement GPU into HBL as well?
Speculations only of course, but it sure is nice to see thing evolving at such great pace.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck yeah, and don't forget motherfucking N to the 6 to the 4.
Finally I'll be able to play my N64 library without blurry fuzzy shit onscreen xD
And with widescreen and clean graphics :D NO GAMMA SHIT NEITHER!

Software acceleration can only go so far, but the GPU, and possibly the Vulkan API, heh, I can't wait :D

Reactions: Fadi5555

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ploggy, @the_randomizer come join me in the Hype Train, my brothers :lol:

switchhype-png.112554

Attachments

• SwitchHype.png
    SwitchHype.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,590
Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Daeken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If my approach works (which I'm getting closer to 100% on every day), we'll get desktop OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and Vulkan all at once.

As far as I'm aware, the delay has absolutely nothing to do with my GPU stuff whatsoever, and I can't imagine any reason why it would be related in any way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok