Homebrew RetroArch Switch

D

Deleted User

if somebody have some more knowledge about whats up with the sdcard branch and how it works let me know

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good work. But this version of vba only supports GBA games for now (no backwards compatibility (for anyone who thought he can kill three birds (GB,GBC and GBA) with one stone).

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thank you @Nekokun97. Still. ;) Build works, seemingly full speed. Retroarch has the same issues as with the SNES build, and of course saving isnt in.

I've noticed one more problem though.

- Standby and resume (short press power button) work with these Retroarch builds - BUT - once you've resumed once, the system is still in "prevent accidental button press mode", so after you resume screen timeout is set to about 5 seconds (could be ten), and simply pressing buttons, doesnt reset it to its normal state.

The "press a button three times in quick succession" screen also isnt displayed.

This should also not survive until the final build - if it can be helped.

Photo of the Switch running the translation project of Ace Attorney 3 for GBA: :)
VOH0tXQ.jpg

edit: And solved it... :) (Found a workaround.) Although the "press any button three times in quick succession" screen doesnt show up, pressing a three times in quick succession solves the issue of the premature screen timeout after resuming from the standby state. :)

Last edited by notimp,

Galaxysm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, just so I can stop looking.

In order for me to use RetroArch on my Switch and run VBA I need to build the nro and also build my own games?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I just drop the VBA.nro file on /Switch folder and it should work? (Well aside that I need to build the game.nro file?) That's just what I was reading on the other thread that got closed.
If I'm correct the path should be:
sd:/switch/vba_libretro/vba_libretro.nro

You can change the name of the folder, but just be sure the NRO matches with the name of the folder as well.

Galaxysm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm correct the path should be:
sd:/switch/vba_libretro/vba_libretro.nro

You can change the name of the folder, but just be sure the NRO matches with the name of the folder as well.
Thanks. If it is correct, will it boot into the green screen I've been seen in the videos?

NVM all my questions, I got it all working out :).

Last edited by Galaxysm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: omg, He's got even more sayings?