Homebrew RetroArch Switch

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
with the new OC jag could run quite nice in retrospec however as for fmsx i get black screens on a lot of games where with blue msx i didnt?

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
honestly of the top of my head i cant remember but there was a few. mayb im using the wrong bios or something who knows....

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That error would happen if the patches dont apply - as in you used fusee.
Tho I rule that out based on the informations he gave me.
Also I call that ghost Issues :P
It’s so frustrating for me I would of loved to test your new n64 emulation out brother with banjo it would of given me great pleasure but everything I try it just will not have it, it goes to load the rom and then crashes with 2168-0001 or 2168-0002 but apart from that maybe one day I can try it but loads of respect for what you have done also helping me it’s been a headache lol maybe TX implemented a gremlin in their update somehow? Paranoid maybe..

Reactions: m4xw

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally have updated the retroarch.nro that goes in the switch folder and then any cores that are in active development that I’m interested in such as mupen64.

The only time I’ve overhauled everything is stable releases.

Is there a method to obtain only that nightly .nro file or do you download the entire compressed nightly build and just use said file? Thanks.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Try not using the TX dongle?
Tried that still the same. Ran it through several different sources. I’m thinking now maybe I should factory reset my switch but that was something I didn’t really want to do. I’ve done some challenging homebrew related setups in the past and mainly I’ve sorted them out but this has got me stumped, this is a real head scratcher! I mean if I can setup Coldboot on the wiiu when it was first leaked this should be easy compared but it seems not to be, it’s just ridiculous thank god m4xw has been very good and patient with me I feel like we have both bonded close through all this.

Last edited by Reecey,

minomore

Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to be having the same crashing problem with n64 as a few others and have tried all of the things I've read and am slightly stumped can I get a better guide on how to do it or a bit more help

Many thanks

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd rather have some stable SEGA Saturn emulation to play Road Rash and SEGA Worldwide Soccer. :P

Classic games, I love Road Rash. Haven’t played it on Saturn for a while but I’ve been playing it on 3DO lately, basically the same game, it was that which was ported to the Saturn/PS.

Reactions: lordelan

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried that still the same. Ran it through several different sources. I’m thinking now maybe I should factory reset my switch but that was something I didn’t really want to do. I’ve done some challenging homebrew related setups in the past and mainly I’ve sorted them out but this has got me stumped, this is a real head scratcher! I mean if I can setup Coldboot on the wiiu when it was first leaked this should be easy compared but it seems not to be, it’s just ridiculous thank god m4xw has been very good and patient with me I feel like we have both bonded close through all this.
Your frustrations make me interested to try this new hekate and stuff out myself.
Since day 1 i’ve only used sx os but wondering with a fresh sd card i might try out this alternative cfw to see how it goes just outta interest more than anything.
So if i copy over kosmos and overwrite the hekate payload then copy over retroarch along with the new mupen core and banjo backup i should have a good test setup right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel