Russia
Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: Smoker1

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mupen64 next runs very well on switch. If 1 game runs better on your tablet, it doesn't mean that "n64 is a stuttering mess" on switch, the majority of tiles run fullspeed without any problems. Use OC and experiment with settings. And if you think that your Fire HD performs better than switch, then just play your n64 titles there.
the whole point was a much weaker tablet should not outperform it especially not on the same game. in comparison yes it is a stuttering mess and it shouldn't be the case and there seems to be a split of people saying the same as I do and others saying it runs almost perfectly you see conflicting results everywhere you look.

. If you want increased res with psx titles, use lakka with Duckstation. I personally see no problems playing psx with native res.
neither Lakka or android support the Hori Split Pad Pro and normal joycons are horrible drifting garbage

Last edited by deathblade200,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
the whole point was a much weaker tablet should not outperform it especially not on the same game. in comparison yes it is a stuttering mess and it shouldn't be the case and there seems to be a split of people saying the same as I do and others saying it runs almost perfectly you see conflicting results everywhere you look.

neither Lakka or android support the Hori Split Pad Pro and normal joycons are horrible drifting garbage
Haha, yeah ok then, play where its better for you. I've just tested paper mario out of curiosity and it runs fullspeed for me with 1.5 oc with some minor graphical artifacts that i'm pretty sure are fixable. Haven't noticed a single stutter.

I'm not sure about Hori, i've never had nor used it, gotta ask in discord if its supported or not in latest lakka. Have you even tried the latest 3.0+ lakka? Maybe it supports hori controllers now? A lot of quality of life improvements were made in lakka 3.0.

...also you can easily fix the drift in joycons, there a plenty of different methods.

Last edited by bad361,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yeah ok then, play where its better for you. I've just tested paper mario out of curiosity and it runs fullspeed for me with 1.5 oc with some minor graphical artifacts that i'm pretty sure are fixable. Haven't noticed a single stutter.

And fyi lakka supports a great variety of controllers, i mostly use x360 pad, you just need to remap it and its done. I'm not sure about Hori, i've never had nor used it, gotta ask in discord if its supported or not in latest lakka.
so I decided to go back and try it again and now its working perfectly fine without even overclocking slight stutters but nothing horrible like it was before which makes zero sense to me. according to status monitor most of the load is on the GPU (even further increased with framebuffer enabled) instead of the CPU which would explain why it works better for dock users since dock clocks GPU to 768 while the default 307 has a high 90% load most of the time but with just a slight GPU overclock I no longer see the stutters the cpu overclock seems pretty useless in this case

Have you tried changing the settings for Paper Mario?

And the hori split pad has worked in android for a few months now, lakka recently too

just tried Lakka and you are correct I assumed it didn't because every site I checked said they were not supported

Last edited by deathblade200,

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am also having this issue, I've tried Pokemon Stadium, Bomberman 64 and Crash Bash and encountered the exact same issue in all 3. Only player 1's controller works, all other controllers, regardless of whether they are joycons or pro controllers, do not work.

I'm currently running the latest nightly build but I was running 1.9.6 stable and had the same issue. I've reinstalled twice to no avail. I am also connecting my controllers prior to opening HBMenu/RetroArch.

I've pretty much reached the end of google at this point and don't know what to try next.

Has the problem been identified somehow? Wanted to play in multiplayer, but only the player one controller works for me as well. Multiple controllers can be controller one, but none are recognized as controller 2.

reflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the suggestion! 1.9.4 works nearly perfectly out of the box, and just needed multitap turning on for 4P to work in PCSX!

I can confirm that versions > 1.9.4 do not work multiplayerwise... I was trying to play Secrets of Mana (SNES) and Tony Hawk Pro SKater 2(Flycast) with friends lately. Then after spending an hour or so we gave up... Rolling back to a fresh 1.9.4. fixed that problem for me instantly, but whenever "updating cores" again, only one controller is detected. Do I miss "important" updates when remaining on 1.9.4. instead of 1.9.7 performance-wise?

Instandhaltung

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can confirm that versions > 1.9.4 do not work multiplayerwise... I was trying to play Secrets of Mana (SNES) and Tony Hawk Pro SKater 2(Flycast) with friends lately. Then after spending an hour or so we gave up... Rolling back to a fresh 1.9.4. fixed that problem for me instantly, but whenever "updating cores" again, only one controller is detected. Do I miss "important" updates when remaining on 1.9.4. instead of 1.9.7 performance-wise?

Are you sure that the problem comes back if you update cores? If so, it would mean that the cores are the problem, and not the new Retroarch versions, right?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Instandhaltung

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

RosalinaSama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
i managed to do it by manually editing retroarch.cfg and pointing my png in menu_wallpaper entry. :)
do you happen to have the exact text string you used? for mine ive put
menu_wallpaper = "/retroarch/assets/xmb/custom/png/bg.png"
and it does nothing, the image is the right size and everything, is this the same as yours?

reflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To everyone that's been having issues with split joycons or multiple controllers:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/1d988d374a2e0a28e519f891bac4e4e7f6f8f735
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commit/0f5f8798ea02cc946610619e59df6977fbb0940b

Be sure to check out the latest nightly.
There has been a couple of commits regarding controllers and input fixes.
Maybe one of these fixes those issues.

well, opposite to Instandhaltung, downloading the 01.08.2021 nightly didn't do the trick. I completely started from scratch on the SD-card and I'm using an 8bitdo Pro Plus as 2nd controller (which gets recognized just fine in HOS as a pro controller).

Regards

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
I have done as suggested but the mame xml dat is too large and RA complains of out of memory. I'd rather not edit this for the selected games I have to get it to work - is there another workaround?

Arcade roms (FB Alpha and MAME) are the only exception.
Not only do the roms have to stay in the name you "got" them (like dkong.zip) in order to work, also thumbnails and cheats are named after their "official scene release name" (let us call it like that).
In most cases you are fine, when you look for a complete rom set with a dat file which you then use with Playlist Buddy.
Then you either download the thumbs from within RetroArch or here or here.
On that last link you can also browse the git repo and look how specific games need to be named.

Instandhaltung

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, opposite to Instandhaltung, downloading the 01.08.2021 nightly didn't do the trick. I completely started from scratch on the SD-card and I'm using an 8bitdo Pro Plus as 2nd controller (which gets recognized just fine in HOS as a pro controller).

Regards

That's really odd. I just updated the "nro" file and updated the other stuff with the retroarch updater inside the app. :S

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Is the newest build of RetroArch supposed to be less functional than the older ones? Loading up a simple SNES game seems to result in really poor sound.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the disc swap feature for two disc games broken i tried to go to disc control using flycast and change discs but it dont work? Im using the nightly build from 8/1/2021.

Last edited by worm28,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the newest build of RetroArch supposed to be less functional than the older ones? Loading up a simple SNES game seems to result in really poor sound.
I guess they changed the default sound driver to a buggy one for whatever reason a few releases ago.
Try changing it in settings. Don't remember what's the good one, you have to try. :P

Reactions: Francesca

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries