Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if someone could still help me out with a copy of those early nightly builds, you would be a lifesaver to me! I need it before tomorrow afternoon.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll give it a shot! :-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, strange. I got the same crash as before with all my other tests of the builds from 2-13-18 to 2-16-18?

I used the "snes9x_libretro.rpx" which is roughly 6mb's. I placed that inside the wiiu/apps/retroarch folder, and renamed it to "retroarch.rpx"

I put the sd card back in my WiiU, I select RetroArch from the main menu of my WiiU, and after about 10 seconds I get the DSI error screen.

https://imgur.com/a/wV6CD
Mmmm perhaps someone with a pre-Feb 10th core could lend you an RPX for testing?
Any core should do.
Give me a while, if no one uploads a core in an hour or so I'll upload one of mine, hopefully that does it.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stable build is from Christmas though. Id like to be as close to 02-10-18 as possible.

I tried doing a test of just using the retroarch.rpx from the 1.7.0 stable build, but with all my other cores from the 02-16-18 nightly. I kept getting a DSI error. But when I backed up all of my retroarch files ad eradicated them from my SD card, and just installed the 1.7.0 stable build, I got a very, very plain looking retroarch. I then saved and quit, and tried using the 02-13-18 build over what was created on my sd card from the 02-13-18 build, and again I got a DSI error. I just cant believe this happens literally the night before I host a gaming party, and this emulator was the main attraction. I hope I can get this situated before tomorrow afternoon.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The stable build is from Christmas though. Id like to be as close to 02-10-18 as possible.

I tried doing a test of just using the retroarch.rpx from the 1.7.0 stable build, but with all my other cores from the 02-16-18 nightly. I kept getting a DSI error. But when I backed up all of my retroarch files ad eradicated them from my SD card, and just installed the 1.7.0 stable build, I got a very, very plain looking retroarch. I then saved and quit, and tried using the 02-13-18 build over what was created on my sd card from the 02-13-18 build, and again I got a DSI error. I just cant believe this happens literally the night before I host a gaming party, and this emulator was the main attraction. I hope I can get this situated before tomorrow afternoon.
Oh well looks like @worm28 beat me to the punch, but still here you have three of my core from around last weekend I believe (when Twinaphex shared a vid about Snes9x Overclocking).
You could always try these out in case something else goes apeshit.

Attachments

• cores.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
Reactions: lordelan

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Has any of you reported the new crashes?
FWIW, retroarch.rpx is just some loader / stub. Every core contains retroarch on consoles. This means, every time you update a core you're in-fact updating the core and retroarch.

If you are having crashes, can you try opening the config in a text editor and setting this

auto_shaders_enable = "true"

To

auto_shaders_enable = "false"

Let me know if this cures the problems.

Last edited by Radius4,

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any of you reported the new crashes?
FWIW, retroarch.rpx is just some loader / stub. Every core contains retroarch on consoles. This means, every time you update a core you're in-fact updating the core and retroarch.

If you are having crashes, can you try opening the config in a text editor and setting this

auto_shaders_enable = "true"

To

Let me know if this cures the problems.

I just did as you instructed, using the 2-16-18 nightly build.

I still get the same crash after loading RetroArch from the WiiU menu.

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that still have the crash and can't get the program to run, I had the same problem. I had to install the forwarder and then the program worked great. Here's the forwarder. Download the RPX build and install that like normal and it should work. If you get the white screen, download the assets and then on the SD card, extract them to the media folder.

Attachments

• [0005000010102172] RetroArch Forwarder.rar
    6.1 MB · Views: 151
Last edited by cagerhager,
Reactions: lordelan

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues when switching from different cores with the 2-10-18 build. If I'm on mame2003, and load up a 2600 title, I'll get a crash. If I'm in Nestopia and want to load a Genesis game, I'll just get a black screen where I have to power off my WiiU.

I'm not sure what to make of the new developments I've been seeing the last few minutes, does this mean there is a 2-17-18 build now that is stable?

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
There isn't any real testing done to particular builds outside PC/android unless users commit to the testing on a platform.

It's sad but then again, imagine if you had to test all these builds yourself.

Thats why we ask for issues to be opened on our issue tracker so there is only one place we have to check.

If there's a crash, please do show a picture of such crash.

Last edited by Radius4,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't any real testing done to particular builds outside PC/android unless users commit to the testing on a platform.

It's sad but then again, imagine if you had to test all these builds yourself.

Thats why we ask for issues to be opened on our issue tracker so there is only one place we have to check.

If there's a crash, please do show a picture of such crash.

I confess that I need to be more diligent about reporting such issues. My apologies -_-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram