Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There isn't any real testing done to particular builds outside PC/android unless users commit to the testing on a platform.

It's sad but then again, imagine if you had to test all these builds yourself.

Thats why we ask for issues to be opened on our issue tracker so there is only one place we have to check.

If there's a crash, please do show a picture of such crash.
I must admit I'm guilty of posting the issues here and not on the Github too. I'll start reporting more to Github..

Reactions: DarthDub

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been scanning for almost a week on how to create a channel to boot directly to a game from the Wii U menu like this video:

I have asked the individual and there is no guidance. I have the HBL2HBC haxchi files downloaded, just can't figure where/what the path needs to be to directly start up a game. I want to create a channel for the FBA or MAME core. Want to create the original Ninja Turtles, Simpsons, X-men games on the Wii Menu. If someone could hep out on how to alter the path, I'll post up the packages when completed.

Reactions: lordelan

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've been scanning for almost a week on how to create a channel to boot directly to a game from the Wii U menu like this video:

I have asked the individual and there is no guidance. I have the HBL2HBC haxchi files downloaded, just can't figure where/what the path needs to be to directly start up a game. I want to create a channel for the FBA or MAME core. Want to create the original Ninja Turtles, Simpsons, X-men games on the Wii Menu. If someone could hep out on how to alter the path, I'll post up the packages when completed.

I saw the vids too. I'm not sure how he does it either but it's interesting.

Reactions: cagerhager

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the other cores from 2-10-18 that i use are working. It's prboom that is not.

I have a Mame2003 question. Pac-man is upside down when I play it. I found "TATE Mode" in mames options menu. I set it to on, restarted the core, and the game is still upside down. Is there some other thing I'm missing? Thanks!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah the other cores from 2-10-18 that i use are working. It's prboom that is not.

I have a Mame2003 question. Pac-man is upside down when I play it. I found "TATE Mode" in mames options menu. I set it to on, restarted the core, and the game is still upside down. Is there some other thing I'm missing? Thanks!
Here are both my PrBoom core and Mame 2003 core, hopefully these help you out.

Attachments

• prboom_libretro.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • mame2003_libretro.rar
    7.1 MB · Views: 157

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for those! But will this MAME2003 core you have fix the upside down issues I'm having with certain games? Other than that issue MAME2003 is working fatasticly. Thanks!
Oh for Mame I'm not sure to be honest, I don't play that core as much and never had the issue, so I'm not sure if the rotated screen problem happens there as well :/

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh for Mame I'm not sure to be honest, I don't play that core as much and never had the issue, so I'm not sure if the rotated screen problem happens there as well :/

Ah gotcha. Yeah it's the old school standup games like Pac-Man, Galaga, Mercs, that are giving me a hard time rotating. Thanks for all your help & assistance!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for those! But will this MAME2003 core you have fix the upside down issues I'm having with certain games? Other than that issue MAME2003 is working fatasticly. Thanks!
It tends to happen on all Arcade Cores.. I cant remember when it creeped in but it was a while ago now :/
You can manually rotate the screen in the Video Settings once in game, but you'll have to enable "Show Advanced Settings" first (in Settings/User Interface) ;)

Then once you rotated the game to your liking you can save a per game config ("Save Game Overrides" in the In-game Menu) :)

Last edited by ploggy,

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It tends to happen on all Arcade Cores.. I cant remember when it creeped in but it was a while ago now :/
You can manually rotate the screen in the Video Settings once in game, but you'll have to enable "Show Advanced Settings" first (in Settings/User Interface) ;)

Then once you rotated the game to your liking you can save a per game config ("Save Game Overrides" in the In-game Menu) :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that out today.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that out today.

Random: My gaming setup all set for tonight.

https://imgur.com/a/OReLn
https://imgur.com/a/wp7UP

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow dude!
You got quite the setup right there. :P
I'm glad to know you got everything working just in time for your gaming reunion!
Happy gaming! :D

Yeah it was a process getting it all, heh.

Top left to right:

PS4

WiiU

N64 modded with Ultra HDMI, using Everdrive 64 v3

XRGB-mini Framemeister

Bottom left to right:

Atari VCS (lightsixer) (unmodded for now)

NES modded with HI-DEF NES, using N8 Everdrive

SNES 1-CHIP 03, modded with Voultar RGB bypass, using SD2SNES

Genesis VA6 TMSS modded with RGB bypass, NANO motherboard to hard reset system via controller, using Mega Everdrive X7

My SNES & Genesis with 32x, use euroscart RGB cables. My NES & N64 use the HDMI ports on the Framemeister as passthrough only.

Last edited by infidelity,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah it was a process getting it all, heh.

Top left to right:

PS4

WiiU

N64 modded with Ultra HDMI, using Everdrive 64 v3

XRGB-mini Framemeister

Bottom left to right:

Atari VCS (lightsixer) (unmodded for now)

NES modded with HI-DEF NES, using N8 Everdrive

SNES 1-CHIP 03, modded with Voultar RGB bypass, using SD2SNES

Genesis VA6 TMSS modded with RGB bypass, NANO motherboard to hard reset system via controller, using Mega Everdrive X7

My SNES & Genesis with 32x, use euroscart RGB cables. My NES & N64 use the HDMI ports on the Framemeister as passthrough only.
Hot damn dude.
You really got a hefty setup.
I am drooling over that N64 with HDMI :lol:

Reactions: infidelity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👀 no. :tpi::rofl2::tpi::evil: