Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a different architecture altogether. You can't compare PPC and ARM/X86 clock per clock.
IPC is most likely very poor compared with a modern smartphone, remember the architecture dates back to 1997. Besides clock speed the biggest architectural improvement over Wii/GCN is out of order execution.

I think WiiU may be as fast as a midrange PC from ~2009.
I understand that it's wrong to compare the architectures, but this emulator being so well optimized can definitely run on the Wii U. The smartphone example was just to point out that less powerful hardware is still able to run the emulator.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, just tested. If it works like this NOW, how can it run?

Uploading video as i write

With 1 frameskip Dracula X runs great, but Ridge Racer 2 runs even better! Native resolution, still some PC prompts, "Nintendo" key mapping and save encription failed me with RR2, but the save still worked.

EDIT: For those in doubt, here are two videos:

Last edited by Osakasan,

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely touchy over here. Seems to lock up on loading your ISOs folder any time that you add more ISOs to it, also any files with an uppercase file extension (ISO rather than iso) seems like it will lock up every time.

I got Castlevania working but it locked up 5 minutes or so in.

Davor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone provide a download link of the compiled core? I wish to try it out after I wake up :P I mean, if that's okay to ask if someone could upload? Thanks ^_^

Haven't tried it myself, but I think this is the link to a compiled core.

Guess he cats out of the bag :P PPSSPP is indeed being worked on for WiiU!! Here's a build from a few days ago.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SMetLLqG4XHVtHa7MecaoF-xPf35XD78
Remember this is still very early and is nowhere near complete, but I'd say some games are reasonably playable..
Castlevania Dracula X
Parappa the Rapper
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered up
(with frame skip set to 1)

Please don't bug the guy for updates :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone provide a download link of the compiled core? I wish to try it out after I wake up :P I mean, if that's okay to ask if someone could upload? Thanks ^_^

Dude, you could also download the version ploggy uploaded. It's the standalone PPSSPP, and its interface it's maybe the best emulator interface EVER.

Definitely touchy over here. Seems to lock up on loading your ISOs folder any time that you add more ISOs to it, also any files with an uppercase file extension (ISO rather than iso) seems like it will lock up every time.

I got Castlevania working but it locked up 5 minutes or so in.

Either the emulator it's unstable (something completely logical) or your SD card is diying, because i just spent 1 hour playing Dracula X Chronices and Ridge Racer 2 right after adding a game to the directory.

Haven't tried it myself, but I think this is the link to a compiled core.
I didn't see Ploggy's comment, my apologies, and thank you.

That's not a Retroarch core, but the standalone emulator.

Last edited by Osakasan,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW! This thing is already .CSO format compatible!
- both SFA3 Max and Darkstalkers The Chaos Tower ran smooth right off the bat without toggling any settings.
- Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins has some sort of fog texture error (didn't bother to correct it in settings but you probably can) but runs smoothly with frameskip 1.
- I wanted to test games with speed in mind and can report that both WipeOut Pure and WipeOut Pulse are choppy even at frameskip 2.
- BlazeBlue Calamity Trigger and Tekken 6 both crashed with errors right after the first loading screen. Probably memory related.

Also not sure if anyone else gets a freeze in the emulator menu if you have many games in 1 folder?
I had to make three separate folders for games and stored them in pairs and had no issues after that.

Overall I'm very excited this is being worked on as I have many fond memories with my PSP.

Last edited by Maxbeta,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazed to read just how many games already work using PPSSPP. I Would love it if someone could try to see if Final Fantasy IV complete and Little Big Planet works. Would do this myself but like i said a few posts ago I am no where near my WiiU all week lol.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Amazed to read just how many games already work using PPSSPP. I Would love it if someone could try to see if Final Fantasy IV complete and Little Big Planet works. Would do this myself but like i said a few posts ago I am no where near my WiiU all week lol.
It randomly crashes so I wouldn't recommend it right now.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've created a thread to discuss PPSSPP until it gets a Retroarch core

Yest, it's still not recommendable for general use, but it still works quite nice with some of the big games, ad we should all use it for testing and feedback, in my opinion at least.

Getting PPSSPP has been a miracle and we should reciprocate accordingly.

Reactions: DarthDub

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I played a whole game of Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max from start to finish for about 20 minutes and had no problems, although that game does seem to run without any issues whatsoever.

I think any game that is heavy in size or requires any type of frameskipping should be troublesome at this early stage.

I loaded both DEMOS from God Of War:Chains of Olympus and MGS PeaceMaker and they crash gloriously with a loud audio garble after first loading screen. YEEESH! SO my guess is trying to load the complete game ISOS is out of the question and a waste of time at this point.

Parodius Collection (J) works very well too! locks up if you try to go back to the very main menu though.

I may venture and try running some Popstation (PSX) titles tomorrow if someone doesn't try it first.

Last edited by Maxbeta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The third one ducked. +1