Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried a number of PS1 roms and all working good apart from Castlevania Chronicles. It doesn't load for some reason.

Rather bizarrely it just boots to the PS1 memory card menu.
huh, working fine here. I'm using the USA version, CHD format.

EDIT: Using the latest build from the Online Updater.

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
huh, working fine here. I'm using the USA version, CHD format.

EDIT: Using the latest build from the Online Updater.
Hmmm I might need to try and redownload the game but my copy works fine ony pc using epsxe. Anyhoo I made a quick shaky and shitty video of my problem.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm I might need to try and redownload the game but my copy works fine ony pc using epsxe. Anyhoo I made a quick shaky and shitty video of my problem.

Try turning off show bios boot logo in the quick menu system settings :)
Post automatically merged:

Ok changing that makes no difference, just tried it myself :P yea. try getting your game from another source? perhaps even though it works on epsxe it maybe broken on pcsx?

Last edited by ploggy,
  • Haha

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try turning off show bios boot logo in the quick menu system settings :)

Ok changing that makes no difference, just tried it myself :P yea. try getting your game from another source? perhaps even though it works on epsxe it maybe broken on pcsx?
Well rather bizarrely turning off the boot logo actually did work for me :rofl2:.

Although I do have a strange need for the boot logo to work for every emulator I use for some crazy reason lol. So gonna try a different download of the game.

• Haha
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well rather bizarrely turning off the boot logo actually did work for me :rofl2:.

Although I do have a strange need for the boot logo to work for every emulator I use for some crazy reason lol. So gonna try a different download of the game.
Ha I thought that would be the solution till I tried it myself lol weird.
I just tried bin format and that worked too. soo it must be iffy copy of the game?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ha I thought that would be the solution till I tried it myself lol weird.
I just tried bin format and that worked too. soo it must be iffy copy of the game?
Who knows what on earth is going on lol Anyhoo thanks as always for the help. Will try a different backup and report back later. Another more pressing issue has just happened my satellite tv box has just buggered up and I need my TV shows :rofl2:

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who knows what on earth is going on lol Anyhoo thanks as always for the help. Will try a different backup and report back later. Another more pressing issue has just happened my satellite tv box has just buggered up and I need my TV shows :rofl2:
No probs always happy to help if I can :)
Sorry, cant help with satellites Im a Cable man (was going to say Virgin man but that wouldn't sound right) LOLOL

• Haha

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is pcsx rearmed out yet? I'm tired of using a jig just to play Mr. Driller on Switch or play it at a sluggish rate on the new 3DS

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is pcsx rearmed out yet? I'm tired of using a jig just to play Mr. Driller on Switch or play it at a sluggish rate on the new 3DS
Yes!! you can get it from the Online Updater ;)

Just tried it, runs fine with dithering off+vsync off+frameskip set to auto threashold. :)
Strange I thought this game would be perfect as is considering how basic it looks for a ps1 game, is it known as a difficult game to emulate normally?

Last edited by ploggy,

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's very slow for a 2D game yet a 3D game like Pac-Man World runs almost at high speed. Probably the blocks' graphics rendering makes that game slow

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It does run fine on my switch. The slowness is only experienced on New3DS
Honestly the PS1 core for RetroArch on the 3DS runs surprisingly decent for 2D games, at least on New 3DS, I converted games like mega Man X4, Marvel Super Heroes, and Sexy Parodius and they all run at almost full speed.

I’m kinda surpised the 3DS got a PS1 core years before the Wii U but I suppose WiiSXR was an option.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @ploggy, is anyone still working on any of the other cores? I'm having some trouble with the Atari800 core. My problem is that I'm playing a game that requires to use the keyboard along with the joystick. Juggling between the two is not a problem. My problem is that selecting a keystroke and the joystick fire are the same button press. So selecting a keystroke hits fire, and that's not desirable for some games. If they could be mapped as separate inputs, that would be great, but I'm not seeing a way to do that in the button mapping menus. It's a small complaint, but it makes playing The Eiddlon troublesome. Any ideas or is that cute still being supported? Thanks man.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @ploggy, is anyone still working on any of the other cores? I'm having some trouble with the Atari800 core. My problem is that I'm playing a game that requires to use the keyboard along with the joystick. Juggling between the two is not a problem. My problem is that selecting a keystroke and the joystick fire are the same button press. So selecting a keystroke hits fire, and that's not desirable for some games. If they could be mapped as separate inputs, that would be great, but I'm not seeing a way to do that in the button mapping menus. It's a small complaint, but it makes playing The Eiddlon troublesome. Any ideas or is that cute still being supported? Thanks man.
Each core tends to have their own maintainers that come and go, best bet is to make an issue on the Cores git page and hope it catches the maintainers eye and looks into it :)
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-atari800/issues.
Or if you want a more direct answer ask on the Retroarch discord, perhaps its not just a WiiU Core issue and others there have had the same issue and have a solution? :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Glad to see PlayStation already on the buildbot! It surely was a long time ago when all this started, but it's nice to finally see it come to fruition :D
Aside from that, has there been any advancements in bringing RetroArch to Aroma lately?

Reactions: Walwii

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to see PlayStation already on the buildbot! It surely was a long time ago when all this started, but it's nice to finally see it come to fruition :D
Aside from that, has there been any advancements in bringing RetroArch to Aroma lately?
Yea, not gonna lie it feels good seeing a Pcsxrearmed Core on the buildbot after all this time especially considering what its taken to get here :)
I think its fair to say Quarky's a little burned out with Retroarch atm, they've been pretty much the sole dev for a while now.
I think things will pick up again tho, the Aroma Port is mostly done? looks like bug busting mostly (I think) :P
I always keep cheeky eye on Quarky's git just incase for updates :D

Reactions: Walwii

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried a number of PS1 roms and all working good apart from Castlevania Chronicles. It doesn't load for some reason.

Rather bizarrely it just boots to the PS1 memory card menu.
run ps1 games in bin and cue format.

now for games with more than one disc like for example: final fantasy
convert the game to bin/cue with the (ultra iso), and place the isos in the folder with the name of each corresponding game to be organized and then inside the folder with the name of the game where you have all the discs of the game that you have already converted you create a notepad and open the notepad put in order the name of the same game is in the converted files with the .cue extension at the end.

example:

final fantasy VIII disc1.cue
final fantasy VIII disc2.cue
final fantasy VIII disc3.cue
final fantasy VIII disc4.cue

inside the notepad and then you go to (save as) leave the type in (all types) and put the name of the game all right and save as Final Fantasy.m3u

now when you create the list in retroarch and load your game it will create the save for all discs 1 2 3... of your game and you can change discs when you finish the first part to the second part without problems

when creating the list in retroarch it in the extensions you put the .cue .m3u to appear the games in cue and the games in m3u or you create the m3u for all the games.
If you have any doubts about this go to my channel I'm Brazilian but if you see what I'm doing in time 13:15 of my video it will help you a lot

for all bios ps1 version ps1: copy all bin files in retroarch/cores/system
run games with show bios boot logo on.

It's on the buildbot NOW! :grog:

Dynamic Recompiler off? are you sure? turning off the recompiler will certainly make the performance worse.
Also Show Bios Boot Logo shouldn't have any effect either.
I forgot about the PSX Clock Speed option. that can have an effect on performance :)
yes exactly. those settings I mentioned and to play final fantasy VIII in retroarch with this core.
remembering that you can save the settings for each game so when you load them they will already have the settings that were made specifically for it.

if you activate the dynamic recompile for this game the texts do not appear and then the game is bad in the first battle because you cannot see the texts but if you deactivate the recompile and do what I said above the game will work normally with just the intro of the game with slow audio but otherwise after the start screen the game is perfect.

Last edited by Zeox-gamer,
Reactions: ploggy and Walwii

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
run ps1 games in bin and cue format.

now for games with more than one disc like for example: final fantasy
convert the game to bin/cue with the (ultra iso), and place the isos in the folder with the name of each corresponding game to be organized and then inside the folder with the name of the game where you have all the discs of the game that you have already converted you create a notepad and open the notepad put in order the name of the same game is in the converted files with the .cue extension at the end.

example:

final fantasy VIII disc1.cue
final fantasy VIII disc2.cue
final fantasy VIII disc3.cue
final fantasy VIII disc4.cue

inside the notepad and then you go to (save as) leave the type in (all types) and put the name of the game all right and save as Final Fantasy.m3u

now when you create the list in retroarch and load your game it will create the save for all discs 1 2 3... of your game and you can change discs when you finish the first part to the second part without problems

when creating the list in retroarch it in the extensions you put the .cue .m3u to appear the games in cue and the games in m3u or you create the m3u for all the games.
If you have any doubts about this go to my channel I'm Brazilian but if you see what I'm doing in time 13:15 of my video it will help you a lot

for all bios ps1 version ps1: copy all bin files in retroarch/cores/system
run games with show bios boot logo on.

yes exactly. those settings I mentioned and to play final fantasy VIII in retroarch with this core.
remembering that you can save the settings for each game so when you load them they will already have the settings that were made specifically for it.

if you activate the dynamic recompile for this game the texts do not appear and then the game is bad in the first battle because you cannot see the texts but if you deactivate the recompile and do what I said above the game will work normally with just the intro of the game with slow audio but otherwise after the start screen the game is perfect.

The no text bug has been fixed, just waiting for the pr to be merged ;)
also a heads up "run games with show bios boot logo on." can potentially mess with compatibility in some games.

My Ps1 to Wii controller adapter turned up today!
Now I can play PS1 on Wii with the OG PS1 and PS1 analog controller!!
It connects to the wiimote to its wireless too :D :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1