Canada
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Knight of Time I see the issue you made, Are you sure your using the latest version of the Core?
I just grabbed the latest Picodrive Core from the Online Updater, loaded Knuckles Chaotix and the Savestate/Saveload function worked fine?

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Knight of Time I see the issue you made, Are you sure your using the latest version of the Core?
I just grabbed the latest Picodrive Core from the Online Updater, loaded Knuckles Chaotix and the Savestate/Saveload function worked fine?
I updated PicoDrive as well; savestates are working fine now in the emulator, not just for Knuckles' Chaotix, but for other games, so thanks for letting me know!

Reactions: fmhugo and ploggy

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had been wanting to report on this issue for a while and I think I hinted it to @ploggy on my last post but here is a more detailed account.

When activating “Fixed Interval” under core options with the latest Unai build you can benefit from a huge enough boost on most 2D games, enough to be able to use video filters if set at 60fps, but the drawback is that activating Fixed Interval will get you flickering graphic garble and most times it will even throw font assets from the games on the screen. You can try with any game to see this but the first one I tried it with was with Capcom vs SNK.

Attachments

• IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4432.jpeg
    IMG_4432.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4424.jpeg
    IMG_4424.jpeg
  • IMG_4428.jpeg
    IMG_4428.jpeg
  • IMG_4420.jpeg
    IMG_4420.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4418.jpeg
    IMG_4418.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I had been wanting to report on this issue for a while and I think I hinted it to @ploggy on my last post but here is a more detailed account.

When activating “Fixed Interval” under core options with the latest Unai build you can benefit from a huge enough boost on most 2D games, enough to be able to use video filters if set at 60fps, but the drawback is that activating Fixed Interval will get you flickering graphic garble and most times it will even throw font assets from the games on the screen. You can try with any game to see this but the first one I tried it with was with Capcom vs SNK.
I think I've run into that issue before, I'm not sure its something that's planned to be fixed.. but there is a new release in the works that had another decent boost in FPS so with a little luck you wont need to use that option to get filters running well..
There's still some work to be done on it tho before release.

Reactions: Maxbeta

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds fine by me. Filters would really be an added bonus because mostly everything looks and is working amazing almost by default and that is a great thing. Thanks @ploggy 😎👍
I tested Capcom vs SNK Pro on the unreleased version just to check and I can say it runs fine with EMX filter on, so no need for any Fixed Interval stuff ;)

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested Capcom vs SNK Pro on the unreleased version just to check and I can say it runs fine with EMX filter on, so no need for any Fixed Interval stuff ;)
That is very awesome of you Sir. Thank you.
Hopefully we can finally play Xenogears with little to no slowdown. And if not, then we are very very close.

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated