Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think Fix94 or Retrofan_K (one of them) said it was also meant for people who want to try building on their own, but don't quote me on that.
Not really, FIX94 stated this some time ago:
thats the output library before it gets compiled into the main executable, so I assume something wasnt packed properly if those 2 ended up in a nightly.

That was in response to the .a files, so there's still something iffy with the buildbot.

Last rpx nightly build (11-25) is missing some cores which are present in the elf file, like nestopia and mednafen pcengine.
That's expected.
The normal rpx build doesn't have all of the cores, the one which does is the rpx_test one, which seems to be the one the buildbot is failing to make and is instead uploading the .a files for them.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, FIX94 stated this some time ago:

That was in response to the .a files, so there's still something iffy with the buildbot.

That's expected.
The normal rpx build doesn't have all of the cores, the one which does is the rpx_test one, which seems to be the one the buildbot is failing to make and is instead uploading the .a files for them.

IDK, that was my bad >.> Anyways, I wonder if the PSX core works this time..

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IDK, that was my bad >.> Anyways, I wonder if the PSX core works this time..
I managed to boot up the latest Mednafen PSX core that FIX94 posted yesterday on my Wii U (the non-debug one).
It booted up just fine, however I couldn't get any bin/cue to load.
I tried SotN first and stayed at a black screen, and I got a DSI exception with Crash 1, even though I seem to have the correct Bios, but hey at least it does boot up for me.

I will try with other isos today.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to boot up the latest Mednafen PSX core that FIX94 posted yesterday on my Wii U (the non-debug one).
It booted up just fine, however I couldn't get any bin/cue to load.
I tried SotN first and stayed at a black screen, and I got a DSI exception with Crash 1, even though I seem to have the correct Bios, but hey at least it does boot up for me.

I will try with other isos today.

Er, I meant the one included in the 11-25 build, excluding the one from FIX94, is what I meant :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Medanafen PSX still doesn't work in latest nightly, so uh, I wouldn't advise anyone to use it for quite a while, heh. Fix94's is the only version that works for now.
thats because its included as a .elf version for whatever reason but it only works in .rpx form as I provided those few pages back.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats because its included as a .elf version for whatever reason but it only works in .rpx form as I provided those few pages back.

That does explain a lot, weird issue though, either way, like you said, there'll likely won't be a working PSX core outside yours for quite some time. Wonder why it compiles as ELF and not RPX.

I wish, but the problem is he's doing all the work for that, IDK if he'd want to switch systems.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Medanafen PSX still doesn't work in latest nightly, so uh, I wouldn't advise anyone to use it for quite a while, heh. ...
That does explain a lot, weird issue though, either way, like you said, there'll likely won't be a working PSX core outside yours for quite some time. Wonder why it compiles as ELF and not RPX.
can you please stop spreading misinformation, the 2016-11-24_RetroArch_rpx_test.7z has been there since yesterday and contains a working rpx of mednafen PSX.
rpx building can sometimes fail on the buildbot due to RAM issues so I occasionally upload a package myself (the one ending with rpx_test).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you please stop spreading misinformation, the 2016-11-24_RetroArch_rpx_test.7z has been there since yesterday and contains a working rpx of mednafen PSX.
rpx building can sometimes fail on the buildbot due to RAM issues so I occasionally upload a package myself (the one ending with rpx_test).

Was referring to the ELF build, not RPX build, my apologies. -_- I didn't know what happened, that's all.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recommend everyone to check out Virtual Boy Wario Land with the mednafen Virtual Boy core! The 3D works really great with those cheap paper glasses from Final Destination 4.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I recommend everyone to check out Virtual Boy Wario Land with the mednafen Virtual Boy core! The 3D works really great with those cheap paper glasses from Final Destination 4.
i played the game without 3d glasses becuase i only have the new 3d glasses not those red and blue papper ones like the old ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong