Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well i got a bunch of them from going to the movies in 3d i have like 10 :P
Damn, I thought you ment those for 3D TVs. ;) (Virtual Boy emulation with real 3D would be crazy, too!)

If you want a great bit of 3D try the unreleased but officially legal to share VB game bound high.
so cool!
Thanks! I will give it a try! :D

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cant wait for dos box or atleast the hatari core to be compatible aswhell this should be easy to do since there are wii ports so maybe there is a wii compile option?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting that a few times lately and I'm sure it's down to constantly taking the card in and out to update files. I'm quite worried actually that the slot is going to get worn out.

I used to own the KI2 arcade cab and have been kicking myself ever since I sold it. I don't know how well it would run but being able to play it on the gamepad would be amazing.

I'm pretty sure KI 1-2 will never run on wiiu (not at a playable speed at least). :( If the wiiu gets fullspeed n64 and ps1, then you guys should be thrilled. Nobody said it was happening for sure. They said they would try. Implementing ppc libjit may or may not work out, so for those of you keep saying over and over "oh its definitely for sure without doubt happening in a month or two" you might wanna cut back on that. And for those of you who think the wiiu will be running psp or dreamcast fullspeed, lol, dont hold your breath. I'd love all those things just as much as anyone else, but plz stop setting unrealistic expectations (for yourselves and the devs) unless the devs confirm that something is without doubt going to happen.

Reactions: niuus

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure KI 1-2 will never run on wiiu (not at a playable speed at least). :( If the wiiu gets fullspeed n64 and ps1, then you guys should be thrilled. Nobody said it was happening for sure. They said they would try. Implementing ppc libjit may or may not work out, so for those of you keep saying over and over "oh its definitely for sure without doubt happening in a month or two" you might wanna cut back on that. And for those of you who think the wiiu will be running psp or dreamcast fullspeed, lol, dont hold your breath. I'd love all those things just as much as anyone else, but plz stop setting unrealistic expectations (for yourselves and the devs) unless the devs confirm that something is without doubt going to happen.

PSP isn't that demanding, not much worst than DS, Dreamcast however...good luck with that.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Would it be possible to open something like a new thread for specific rom problems?
Because i'm trying to follow the progress made on retroarch and half of the posts or even more are about people having issues with their roms which cause me to need to browse a shitload of pages just to see recent developments on retroarch itself. I guess i am not the only one annoyed by this?
This. Really pointless for the thread, Google always can help resolving romset problems. The main problem i have been observing is the lack of knowledge about the system that they're trying to emulate, thinking about every game in terms of ROMs, or even worse, ROOMs.

This should also be stated everytime. The unrealistic expectations, bug whiners and beggars always tend to ruin every homebrew scene.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My android phone isnt very powerful and I can play ps1, n64, ds ppsspp games at full speed, and dreamcast games, well, they run on it, but they arent very playable. So I dont know why the wii u cant get those emulator (althought we have to wait a long time) running at good speed

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My android phone isnt very powerful and I can play ps1, n64, ds ppsspp games at full speed, and dreamcast games, well, they run on it, but they arent very playable. So I dont know why the wii u cant get those emulator (althought we have to wait a long time) running at good speed

Because phones use ARM and the Wii U uses IBM PPC, it's not an easy language to code for at all, porting code from one architecture to another is extremely time-consuming. Be patient.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Because phones use ARM and the Wii U uses IBM PPC, it's not an easy language to code for at all, porting code from one architecture to another is extremely time-consuming. Be patient.
That is why I put that we have to wait a long time, I am patient, developers are making an excellent work, I cant blame them, I know that the code is very difficult, very time-consuming, and that they have a life so we cant demand more from them, they are doing the maximum effort possible.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if Dreamcast will ever be ported to the WiiU, but I'm sure the WiiU IS capable of running it fullspeed. Just look at the 360 version of nulldc360.

Goddamnit, if it weren't for Nintendo and it's odd console's hardware architecture we could be playing that right now on the Wii U. :c
Hopefully the Switch will be made in a much more friendly hardware, hopefully ARM for easy portability.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iirc the 360 version of nulldc was run through xell not through the 360 os. So do you think getting linux up and running on WiiU would help if it came to porting it?

Reactions: KiiWii

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
iirc the 360 version of nulldc was run through xell not through the 360 os. So do you think getting linux up and running on WiiU would help if it came to porting it?
Hard to tell.
A lot of things on Linux also depend on the architecture, even from the very same installation packages of the distro.
The only Dreamcast emulator I could find for Linux was LxDream, which apparently does have PPC support:
http://ngemu.com/threads/lxdream-0-8-4-released.108988/#post-1412697

I couldn't find much more, and for N64 there's only Wii64/Not64, and apparently another emulator made for PPC called Sixty Force from this list:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/mac/

A list of emulators for PPC is really scarce and hard to find. :/

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: ploggy

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone ports linux to the wii u, that would be AMAZING. The gamepad could work as a keyboard, eliminating the annoying requirement for a usb keyboard from wii-linux

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hard to tell.
A lot of things on Linux also depend on the architecture, even from the very same installation packages of the distro.
The only Dreamcast emulator I could find for Linux was LxDream, which apparently does have PPC support:
http://ngemu.com/threads/lxdream-0-8-4-released.108988/#post-1412697

I couldn't find much more, and for N64 there's only Wii64/Not64, and apparently another emulator made for PPC called Sixty Force from this list:
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/mac/

A list of emulators for PPC is really scarce and hard to find. :/

There's also Mupen64-360 but I think that's also based on wii64 :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp