Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

mpolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is that the same for the regular r4 card? I might have one of those laying around. I used to have a custom 3ds launcher set up and everything but it was quite a hassle to get going. Is it possible without or do you absolutely need to have some custom stuff installed to be able to do it?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that the same for the regular r4 card? I might have one of those laying around. I used to have a custom 3ds launcher set up and everything but it was quite a hassle to get going. Is it possible without or do you absolutely need to have some custom stuff installed to be able to do it?

It’s only needed if running the card from the home menu doesn’t do anything. All it installs is an app that launches the card.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

khafail

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry
Can you use any cheats? I have the same cart but cannot get cheat to work, both on YSmenu and the time-bomb kernel

Sorry for the late message...I'm not on this site much. As for cheats I typically don't use them ever but just tried Bubble Bobble on my R4 with the YSmenu + infinite lives cheat enabled and it didn't work. I think I'm just gonna order the R4i Gold 3DS Plus.

maahscreamo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i try and show me a white screen with "? menu" my cart is r4 sdhc gold pro / r4isdhc dot com, i dont know if i do this correctly, im brazilian and maybe dont understand this at all

Erinne

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a r4i gold unlimited upgradable from r4i-gold.hk; is just overwriting the .dll files sufficient or do I also need to copy from one of the other folders (if so, which one)?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my R4iSDHC GOLD PRO 2018 keeps corrupting my 8GB microSD. I am not sure why it does that. I used my Chromebook to format the SD card... should I have used the Panasonic SDFormatter?

Alvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello y'all. I'm kinda sad today, I bricked my good R4iGold.cc (2014) by trying to run YSMenu.
I had an old R4 before with YSMenu and it was great till my card got lost :( now I had this r4igold (2014) and tried to install YSmenu, I followed every step, formatted my SD card, everything, but after pressing "A" on the YSMenu.nds software all it did was show up a white screen on the bottom and nothing else, I waited like 10 minutes, but nothing. Then I pressed home button on my 3DS to "reboot the R4" but my surprise was... THERE WAS NO R4 icon (Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis) anymore :sad:.

I tried EVERYTHING I know, even tried to recover the dump I made with ntrboot but the card seems nowhere to be found on the 3DS even when it's there inserted, ugh... If anybody knows what can I do, please let me know.

Please don't tell me to buy a new one because where I live it's really expensive to get one. This is making me so sad and mad at the same time. :cry:

Reactions: MrMcTiller

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Unfortunately I got a R4 deluxe with the R4iDeluxe_v1.30_English.rar firmware. So dual boot or replacing the firmware with TTmenu doesn't work, I tried DLDI patching but doesn't work, should the patch be other that "R4(DS) - Revolution for DS M3 Simply compatible" V1 or V2?

The instructions are for the DSTT/i clone card R4 Deluxe:

"R4 Deluxe v1.20 - www r4deluxe com : Rename TTMenu.dat to _DS_MENU.DAT and then DLDI patch _DS_MENU.DAT"

It probably doesn't work because of the different kernel but I have no clue how to downgrade,

Is there any way to downgrade it to R4iDeluxe_v1.20_English.rar?

Otherwise i will just keep using it to play Gameboy games and as a MP3 player so no big deal.

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This R4iDeluxe_v1.30 should be compatible with the AKAIO kernel, I do not have this flashcard :unsure:, but you can try and update us :)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This R4iDeluxe_v1.30 should be compatible with the AKAIO kernel, I do not have this flashcard :unsure:, but you can try and update us :)

Help me if you can because I have no clue. I mean I know a bit on how to do stuff on the Wii but that's it.

AKAIO kernel?

Or someone could point me a guide to downgrade the official kernel...

I mean I did get a new DS Kart, a R4 SDHC Dual Core 2018 and it works okay but I found this r4 deluxe crap in a box the other and I wanted to see if I could update it.

robyspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A flashcard works with v1.20 and another works with v1.30, they are 2 different flashcards with a different kernel.
You can not downgrade.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The AKAIO kernel is only for for Acecards not R4 clones.

There is a workaround for YSmenu but is eight years old and might not work on the modern kernel. And is also quite technical. And it requires to use Windows. And is not for this card. The problem is that I have the R4i Deluxe not the R4deluxe.

Anyway, can YSmenu load anything that Wood for the original R4 can't?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Last edited by raxadian,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello :)
The Cart: R4 Clone from http://r4isdhc.com/
R4 Clone.jpg

I´ve updated from 7.04 to 7.05 (backup and delete the TTMenu Folder and copied over all files from the RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.05 to the R4 Clone Folder).The Menu works fine,Games boots/working better than before (a lot of Games now running:)).

The issue is:the InGameReset no longer works correctly.

V1- sometimes ends on a white Screen (both Displays)
V2- sometimes ends onm Black Screen (Upper) and White Screen (Lower)
V3- sometimes an "Error: can´t fatInitDefault"
V4 -sometimes ends with black Screen (both displays)

By pressing shortly START on the DSi it returns to the DSi Launcher means it´s not freezing in no case.

Tried many Games one of the above mentioned appears.
With 7.04 every Game worked

a little excerpt:

3381 - Emergency DS Code V4
3383 - Foto Frenzy Code V3
3979 - Moon Code V3
4890 - Sports Island Code V3
6036 - Murder onj the Titanic Code V2
0201 - Mario Kart Code V2
0479 - New Super Mario Code V2
5547 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong Code V4
0884 - Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 Code V4
5645 - Yohies Island CodeV2
and many more....

The InGameReset WORKS with 7.04....:unsure: maybe an entry in the YSMenu.ini ?

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over