Hacking Retrogames on the switch. (Probably Retroarch)

Tigran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. So a while ago, I was one of the ones that won the SX Pro.

I've used it a little bit to test it, but I have no real desire to play real games on this particular switch. I want this almost exclusively for retro games.

Now when going through several of the threads *and I'm not on 90 percent of the discords*, I see that some people say SX OS has problems with homebrew, and some of the homebrew communities will not support it.

So now, I am trying to figure out what I should do, and perhaps get some links to the tutorials, as.. lets be honest the tutorial section is a bit of a mess right now.

I understand I can use the SX dongle to load a payload besides SX OS for my CFW?

If so, which one would be the best?

What retroarch or RetroNX *because I heard they are not being supported anymore?* versions are the best?

I prefer not to use Laka though.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually using SX OS for the most part and I don't have compatibility issues currently.

It depends on what you want to play. My favorites are:

SNES - Psnes (although the retroarch core does have more features)
GBA - VBA-NEXT
NES - Nintendo Switch Online (with custom rooms)

But that's pretty much all of the emulators I *actually* use. Whenever I've dabbled in other emulators, I haven't gone wrong with the retronx cores but I like to use the standalone cores rather than the whole retronx package.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. So a while ago, I was one of the ones that won the SX Pro.

I've used it a little bit to test it, but I have no real desire to play real games on this particular switch. I want this almost exclusively for retro games.

Now when going through several of the threads *and I'm not on 90 percent of the discords*, I see that some people say SX OS has problems with homebrew, and some of the homebrew communities will not support it.

So now, I am trying to figure out what I should do, and perhaps get some links to the tutorials, as.. lets be honest the tutorial section is a bit of a mess right now.

I understand I can use the SX dongle to load a payload besides SX OS for my CFW?

If so, which one would be the best?

What retroarch or RetroNX *because I heard they are not being supported anymore?* versions are the best?

I prefer not to use Laka though.
CFW Reinx. Emulator RetroNX was/is a work in progress retroarch port for the switch. RetroNX is in the process of being merged into official retroarch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night