Retron 5 Save Help Requested

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I recently purchased an Retron 5, and like it so far. I bought a few games, but I did read online that it can also play ROMs, but need physical cart inserted to boot said ROMs (ex: NES game in slot to load NES ROMs. I am not asking where to get roms on here, but can't get saves to work for the life of me. I was trying to import save for Earthbound. I converted save "srm"? to "sav" type used by the retron 5, but it fails to load save when I restart game/rom. Does anyone have experience with this? Any help appreciated :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I recently purchased an Retron 5, and like it so far. I bought a few games, but I did read online that it can also play ROMs, but need physical cart inserted to boot said ROMs (ex: NES game in slot to load NES ROMs. I am not asking where to get roms on here, but can't get saves to work for the life of me. I was trying to import save for Earthbound. I converted save "srm"? to "sav" type used by the retron 5, but it fails to load save when I restart game/rom. Does anyone have experience with this? Any help appreciated :)
I've never used roms with the retron 5, but the system copies the carts to internal memory, and it saves to the retron rather than the cart. That's why I prefer the retron 3.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again guys. I have been playing roms on R5, but wanted to use cheats on them also. I have read elsewhere that I need to edit the cheat file to point to game cart instead of rom name. For example, using Race Drivin game cart, but loaded ips patched Earthbound SNES rom. I was able to get cheats to show and can toggle them, but they do nothing. Earlier today, I was reading that the R5 can use CFW to load roms directly? Does anyone on here have experience with Retron 5, and or CFW for the R5? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E