Returning to an old game version

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible to return to an older version of a game? one is updates the game wont let you play unless you have the latest newest version you play,

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i recently updated Diablo 3, and it warned me that i cant return to an old version once i continue (once i update my save). so you may want to look out for this, but this may only be a problem with diablo...

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhh ok, I knew of the reset manually but didnt know bout if installed by dbi part. thanks for the info. must have missed it in the readme

bibliomon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It was from scratch. If you install/delete title via DBI, required version adjusted automatically. And also you can reset required version for titles installed by other ways.
Totally unrelated but just wanna say thanks for developing and maintaining DBI! Great multifunctional tool with a simple UI and love using it. Appreciate the work

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I asked this question many times and worked it out in the end!

Use DBI to locate the game you wish to roll back to a previous update version (even back to base game)

Backup the save using DBI rather than the switch file manager, so that if you install the latest update again you can use DBI to restore that save easily.

Delete the update and then reset the required version number through DBI.

And that's it, worked perfectly with no prompt to update! Hope that helps.

Edit: I see you're already solved, oops ahaha!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu