Reveal your weird food combinations that your friends don't understand

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make it clear that mayonnaise on french fries is an abomination, and you should feel bad about yourself.

Most of us know someone who eats something a bit odd, and you wouldn't consider consuming it yourself. I am not talking about pregnant women; they are in a category of their own.

What do you like that you have to justify to your friends when they see you eating it?

I know folks who like Kool-Aid pickles. People who put ketchup on their eggs. Or their mac and cheese. Peanut butter on their hamburger.

Mine is rather tame. I like nuking a bowl of applesauce with cinnamon sprinkled liberally on top of it until it's just shy of hot, then using like eight slices of criminally overbuttered white toast as if the applesauce were Indian curry.

Show me your weird.

Trophies
XP
What's weird about that? All piza joints around where I stay use BBQ sauce instead of tomato.

Really? Damn. I used to do it a ton and literally everyone I knew where I used to live all looked at me like I was utterly insane lmao. I also used to put Ranch on pizza, not sure if that's weird or not but.. eh.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I put HP Brown sauce on top of the cheese of a pizza whatever the toppings... Outstanding!

As a kid i would also devour bread smeared with Heinz Salad Cream. Tried it again recently and what the fuck was I on back then? :wacko:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I put HP Brown sauce on top of the cheese of a pizza whatever the toppings... Outstanding!

As a kid i would also devour bread smeared with Heinz Salad Cream. Tried it again recently and what the fuck was I on back then? :wacko:
HP sauce????

200w.gif

Salad Cream on bread??

200w-1.gif

:rofl2:

Last edited by AmandaRose,

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im one of the few who like Hawaii pizza. Really like that fruity, juicy and salty hearty thing going on there. So i figured id slap some Pineapple on my standard Swamp Pizza (extra cheese, salami, pepperoni, ham, champignions) and its DELICIOUS! Even better than standard hawaii.

Another thing is not really the combination itself, but when i make Beef Roullades (what is the correct english term for that?) mine get about 3 times as big as the ones from others. I Roll out the meat, layer mustard, Sauerkraut, Bacon and errr whats the word... Tyrolean bacon? on it. The last one comes as a chunk over the whole width of the roullade as kind of core. Then i roll it up and fixate it with toothpicks. Those monsters are huge. Well go big or go home id say ^^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mayo with fries is not a weird combination. Neither is ketchup with eggs. Eggs are one of the few things that go hand in hand with ketchup. Other things being hotdogs and burgers (BBQ sauce is better on burgers, Sriracha is better than ketchup on most things ketchup is good on, but if those aren't available, ketchup will do)
Ketchup on mac n cheese doesn't really work though. I find that the mac n cheese flavor is very fragile, if you add anything strongly flavored to it you just lose the cheesiness. So you just end up with buttery macaroni and ketchup.

I'll add one: French fries dipped in an ice cream sundae. This isn't a favorite of mine, my dad loves it though. It kinda works, the flavors work together well enough, French fries mostly just taste like salt and fat and sweet + salty is a proven combo. But I still prefer them alone rather than together. The sum is not greater than the parts. If it was savory ice cream (yeah, that is a thing) that might be something I could get into.

BBQ Sauce on Pizza

It's better than tomato sauce, god dammit!
It's not a replacement to tomato sauce, it's an addition. Drizzle it in small amounts over the top, delicious with chicken and red onion.
Pizza without tomato sauce is not pizza at all, I'll fight you on that.
White pizza for example tastes fine, but it would be better with tomato sauce and the white sauce over top. Just doesn't scratch that pizza itch for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.