Rich from ReviewTechUSA looks older than his own dad and unhealthy

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I thought Gamestop was bad at refurbs... some friendly comp i see. I remember buying a refub x360 yrs ago from Gamestop, when I got home, I tore it apart to clean it fully, and found different color broken crayon pieces inside. No way they cleaned the inside at all. (damn kids and they're crayons)

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReviewTech is just a YouTuber who "covers" gaming news. And by covers, I mean he pumps out like 10 videos a week and will argue with seemingly anyone that doesn't like him. I started watching him years ago following some GameStop scandal and ended up ignoring him when I saw how constant his content was. He likely takes ideas for videos from sites like this then throws them together fast. Useless channel to watch really.
Pretty much.

He reviewed a budget notebook and for what it is, it's fine.

I've got this notebook's version with a 17" screen, 8GB RAM, and 1TB HDD. I'm happy with it as it does the basics.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an online vendor that sells retro game products at 1.5-2x the usual asking price (they sell for more than what you might find on ebay for instance)

The biggest gripe I have seen is people being upset that they sell supposedly refurbished game consoles that have dust inside of them, scuffs and generally aren't worth the asking price (with no way of knowing what the actual condition of the console will be in before it arrives)

People also dislike them for supposedly causing some inflation in the prices of retro games

The way I see it tho, it's really your own fault if you are going to pay those ridiculous prices when you can find the product for a much better price on ebay

It's like getting mad that a thrift store sells old pants for $20 when you could just go to goodwill instead
They should be taking the blame and not putting in the work they aim at so it is their fault. Grandma might know little billy is into retro gaming just to be told they over paid. They might see an add pop up via Google Adsense. If you charge extra for the work being put in that's understandable what's not understandable is paying 2x the amount to get a bug infested console and poor refurbishment. They give two options refurbished and cosmetically flawed, the refurbished is what people are paying more for.

Granted a lot of these YouTubers are the same ones still paying double the price of exclusives and refurbisheds elsewhere and still complaining about them.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1