Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Rock is such an awesome genre, with great sub-genres like Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Punk Rock and etc... What are people's favourite rock artists?

I personally like anything with great guitar sounds and/or a dynamic vocalist.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I likea few of Tool's songs. Not a major fan of the band itself though. But yes, Rock is awesome. Probably has the most kind of music.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
shinkukage09 said:
Rock is awesome. Probably has the most kind of music.

Yeah, it spans so many sub-genres, anything from classical rock to heavier metal, its wonderful.

But I think the rock standard has dropped a lot when comparing it to its prime in the 70s and 80s, with some crappy alternative and pop rock bands appearing.

I haven't heard much of tool, haven't particularly liked any of their songs but haven't hate any of their songs too. Maybe I should go listen to a hit or two.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
domination probably has an idea for the sort of shit i'm into
tongue.gif

EXTREME METAL FTW

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
silent sniper said:
domination probably has an idea for the sort of shit i'm into
tongue.gif

EXTREME METAL FTW

Well, Rock isn't always about guitars and clear vocals... You EXTREME METAL has awesome drums and guitars actually. Theres this awesome Black metal drummer called Neil Schneider after all
wink.gif
NeSchn
biggrin.gif

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
silent sniper said:
...and that other awesome metal bassist named silent sniper....

I never knew the name of your band so I never got to listen to your awesome basslines
tongue.gif
Is it anything like Steve Harris?

And rocky, you just know how to play guitar, you aren't even in a band nor have you wrote anything, how can I say you are awesome? Go write something and be a solo artist or something
tongue.gif

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Domination said:
silent sniper said:
...and that other awesome metal bassist named silent sniper....

I never knew the name of your band so I never got to listen to your awesome basslines
tongue.gif
Is it anything like Steve Harris?

And rocky, you just know how to play guitar, you aren't even in a band nor have you wrote anything, how can I say you are awesome? Go write something and be a solo artist or something
tongue.gif
we're called Tyrannicide. we have nothing recorded at the moment - we're hoping to get studio time in a few weeks. my lines typically follow the guitar riffs (they're technical as fuck anywho and I write my fair share of them so I won't complain) with a few fills and creative basslines. I know little to no music theory so that stops me from being amazing.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
silent sniper said:
we're called Tyrannicide. we have nothing recorded at the moment - we're hoping to get studio time in a few weeks. my lines typically follow the guitar riffs (they're technical as fuck anywho and I write my fair share of them so I won't complain) with a few fills and creative basslines. I know little to no music theory so that stops me from being amazing.

Well, I don't think it matter if you know no music theory, you can learn them anytime you want with the present internet usefulness
biggrin.gif

And about music theory, I don't think its essential. Some of the best rock guitarists are self taught too and probably don't know any shit about that except some stuffs they read.

I think I can actually quite like neSchn's band so many I'll like yours too, if its... you know... not too brutal. Since it follows the rock formula even if its a little louder.
tongue.gif

And rocky, I meant solo artists, as in become a musician by yourself, not playing solos from BfmV.

Domination

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
rockstar99 said:
i asid im gonan write my own guitar solo not bfmv

What? A guitar solo only? You meant write a whole song right?

And don't WRITE the solo, improvise. Thats way cooler
tongue.gif

Speaking of solos, heres the solo of my favourite Zepeplin song

Not the original version, but I think jun626 does a good job covering Zeppelin's masterpieces.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...