Rockstar issues massive patch for GTA: Definitive Edition, mostly targets texture fixes

gta-trilogy1.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition launched to notoriously bad reviews for a myriad of technical and visual issues, eventually leading to Rockstar issuing an apology for their low quality. A few updates came out over the first three weeks following the launch on November 11, but things have been silent for nearly three months. Today, Rockstar released another large update, targeting all three games in the collection. There are some fixes that apply broadly across all the titles - stability and performance improvements, fixing checkpoint errors, texture and collision issues - and a number of more specific fixes. For example, Vice City's traffic lights will illuminate now, and San Andreas' High Fade haircut has been fixed (previously, a mod was needed to revert the haircut back to the original on PC). There are also plenty of fixes focused on specific missions across the trilogy, like GTA III's “Payday For Ray” and “Liberator” not progressing properly.

While it's unlikely this patch fixes all of The Trilogy's issues, it should go a long way towards improving the experience. You can read the full, detailed patch notes here.

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I regret buying this. The games just aren't fun to me anymore.

Maybe if they had put more effort into remaking them and tweaking the mechanics but they just feel so ancient.

This trilogy could have been so much more.
I get that. They're incredibly okay, but that's just it... they're only "okay". And that's a shame.

Reactions: VDDZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd give it another year or two for them to polish everything.

Rockstar really screwed up big time and because of it, I'm skeptical about GTA IV Remastered.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a bit of GTA 3 remaster and obtained the game via other means. I uninstalled it after like 30 minutes, because it was pretty bad.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm skeptical about GTA IV Remastered.
What?! Will that happen? Really?
Yes, please! I wanna see them fail again for giggles.
Nintendo, CDPR, Rockstar.
2021/2022 is great to see them highly regarded companies being brought down to reality.
Though Nintendo isn't disappointing its core player base. Only us older gamers.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?! Will that happen? Really?
Yes, please! I wanna see them fail again for giggles.
Nintendo, CDPR, Rockstar.
2021/2022 is great to see them highly regarded companies being brought down to reality.
Though Nintendo isn't disappointing its core player base. Only us older gamers.
https://www.dualshockers.com/a-gta-iv-remaster-could-be-arriving-in-2023-according-to-insider/

I'm hoping they cancel their plans to remaster IV and just do GTA VI instead.

We don't need another GTA Trilogy mess all over again.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Grove Street Games won't and can't patch issues with these games.
They're a janky mess of code caused by the two engines trying to run the game.

I guess it's nice to see GSG trying to patch all the issues that appeared on social media and ONLY the issues that appeared on social media but bigger problems like the constant broken physics, absurd 100% ped accuracy making certain missions borderline impossible to complete unless you know what you're doing, non-bindable keys on PC that lead whack heli controls and many more won't ever be fixed.

Definitive edition of the trilogy is an atrocity that should've never happened, what's worse is that people snort copium left and right, blindly screaming Rockstar (a multi billion dollar cooperation who has the resources to remake all three games) will patch the issues :')

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever in their right mind would pay for some janky unoptimized POS software on day one is the reason R* can boast 10mil in sales #'s which as a result incentivizes them to release even more half-@ssed garbage like this Trilogy at the time of its release (regardless of if they plan to distribute improvement patches at some planned date in the future) 🤦🏽‍♂🤷🏽‍♂.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then pirate it anyway because these assholes don't deserve a cent for vomiting out this pile.
Even if the game was a solid release, people would still pirate it.

But this is proof of what is wrong with the gaming industry these days and todays sheep only make it worse and are to blame when its totally destroyed when it goes digital only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1