GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition exceeds expectations for Rockstar, sells 10 million copies

grand-theft-auto-trilogy-definitive-edition-gaming-preservation-problem.jpg

When Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition was released late last year, it was to mostly negative reviews. Due to issues with the PC port, the game was entirely pulled from sale for three days, and in the meantime, those who bought it couldn't even access their game to play it. In addition, the performance of the Nintendo Switch version also drew criticism, along with the visual quality of the remasters across all platforms.

Despite all of those problems with the game, GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition has sold over 10 million copies, and has, "significantly exceeded commercial expectations", according to Rockstar. The sales data was revealed in a recent earnings call for Take-Two, where they also revealed that the franchise has managed a whopping 370 million sales, 155 million of which being Grand Theft Auto V.

At the end of the financial briefing, Take-Two addressed concerns regarding quality assurance in future GTA games, including the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V remaster for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. Their CEO, Strauss Zelnick commented the following:

We have some quality issues. We’ve attempted to address those. We have more coming, and we feel very good about how the title has performed commercially. I think we were all a bit disappointed about the quality initially. We’re very grateful that most of those issues have been addressed. There’s more work to be done.

:arrow: Source

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is awful news :glare: Say goodbye to anyone ever trying.

Rockstar made money with a diarrhea mess worthy of embarrassment so everyone else will want the same...

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it sells.. because it was made by the "almighty" Rockstar, and their reputation precedes them, they're known by literally everyone gamers and casuals alike, they all know GTA and it's a must buy for them. it's all brand recognition..

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Rockstar can literally sell poop in a jar and people will buy. This game is basically some amateurs firing up muhnreal engine and doing some crappy port, i mean look at the team who made it....

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GTA Trilogy was an embarrassment. Most triple a games have been broken messes at releases. And if someone pre-orders a game nowadays, they deserve a broken mess.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that modern day game "journalism" is a huge joke. Ignoring them is the best option.
Well... If you look a at it from that angle...

Good news, everybody! Ten million people ignore gaming journalists. :D

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gen Z the generation that buys Arceus, Battlefield , GTA trilogy.
Though, Arceus is a decent game apart from those ugly graphics. I expected way less from Gamefreak, to be honest.

However, I'd still be in for some policies that allow consumers to refund software as long as it has serious flaws... Yet, "serious flaws" might only apply to game-breaking bugs. A game not being fun is hardly a flaw, because you cannot measure entertainment. Bad graphics are also mostly subjective.

Last edited by Axido,

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience it's because all their friends bought it too and they want to play online
This is true for consoles its self and why I bought the ps4 most of my friends were going that route and wanted playstation over Xbox.

I've been playing through San andreas on Game pass its still a bugged out mess. My favorite are the floating bodies. I'll probably never buy it myself but got Game pass because I still have a few friends that have Xbox too. I can't call it complete shit if you ignore the bugs you can have decent fun with it. I've never actually played the san andreas story fully so it's a nice chance to go back and do that even though it's ported to everything out there just turning on my shield paired with a Xbox controller makes it a nice way to play.

A name still sales regardless of quality.

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/pIlDsqi